Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

S2 E9 I Will Rise UP

+2
    Fairy
    Aslinn Dhan
    6 posters

Go down

S2 E9 I Will Rise UP Empty S2 E9 I Will Rise UP

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 8th 2010, 3:48 pm

Eric, wounded in the explosion protecting Sookie, convinces her he can't heal himself with silver lodged in his body. Sookie sucks out the bullets, ingesting some of his blood. Bill reveals that Eric will now be able to sense her and she may become attracted to Eric sexually.

Back in Bon Temps, Hoyt tells Jessica he wants her to meet his mother. Tara and Eggs awake badly-bruised and discuss blacking out again the night before. Maryann tells them the importance of losing control and the necessity for chaos to be closer to their god.

Back in Dallas, Sookie heads to Jason's room where they find the Reverend Newlin and his wife on television, bickering with Nan Flanagan (leader of the AVL). The Newlins reveal that Godric volunteered to be taken by the Fellowship of the Sun. Sookie and Jason end up bonding over being the only remaining members of their family.

Eggs and Tara go to Merlotte's and Lafayette accuses Eggs of causing Tara's bruises. A fight ensues between Lafayette and Eggs. Hoyt argues with his mother over what a hateful person she is and tells her she's going to meet Jessica. Sookie begins dreaming of Eric and exchanging sweet conversation while in the background Lorena is saying Sookie no longer cares for Bill. At the end of the dream Eric whispers, "This is the beginning".

Maryann arrives at the jail looking for Sam but he shifts into a fly and escapes. Jessica meets Hoyt's mother who belittles her causing Hoyt to tell his mother he won't be coming home, ever. Later, Lafayette and Lettie Mae show up at Sookie's house to find Eggs, Tara and Maryann. Lettie Mae pleads for Tara to come with her. Tara eyes turn black and begins attacking her mother. Lafayette quickly grabs Tara and he and Lettie Mae take her away from Maryann. Sam, as a fly in Sookie's house, witnesses all of this.

In Dallas, Eric and the vampires defend their actions to Nan Flanagan who berates Godric and fires him from his Sheriff position. Eric grows irritated with Nan's demeanor and pleads with Godric to fight against the bureaucracy. Godric agrees to the demotion and apologizes to everyone swearing to "make amends." Eric, visibly upset, is approached by Bill stating that "they have a score to settle". Bill punches Eric in the mouth, which Eric shrugs off and goes to meet Godric.

Sam arrives at Detective Bellefleur's door naked.

Sookie tells Bill she must go and help Godric. On the roof as Sookie watches, Eric breaks down and begs Godric not go; first in English, then in Swedish. Godric tells Eric he is ready to go and commands Eric, to leave the roof. Sookie promises Eric she will stay with Godric for "as long as it takes". Godric dies while Sookie watches in tears.
    Aslinn Dhan
    Maker
    Maker

Back to top Go down

S2 E9 I Will Rise UP Empty Re: S2 E9 I Will Rise UP

Post  Fairy February 18th 2010, 12:17 pm

For me, this was the most compelling episode of Season 2. The emotional exchange between Eric and Godric was almost palpable. The roof scene was so emotional, not only for the characters but for viewers as well. Godric seems to finally form a real connection to a human and to the Divine. He claims that in Sookie's tears, he actually sees "God." What mortal soul could not be touched by that scene. In my opinion, it was the most powerful of the series so far. A true display of the genius of Alan Ball. Wow.
    Fairy
    Fairy
    Maker
    Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 18th 2010, 1:22 pm

I found that whole exchange between Godric and Eric riveting, I could not take my eyes off them. And yo hear the anguish in Eric's voice, it was heart rending for sure.
    Aslinn Dhan
    Maker
    Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sian April 24th 2010, 5:31 pm

This has been the most powerfull episode so far for me.

Godrics end on the roof, both with Eric begging him not to, and then when Sookie cries for him, Wow

Lorena crying for Bill and him rejecting her again.

Of course seeing Eric Nakkid for the first time is powerfull stuff too and the fantasy that Sookie has!
    Sian
    Sian
    Fangbanger
    Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan April 24th 2010, 7:50 pm

Yes, this was a most incredible epi for us as well when we saw it. The emotions that had otherwise been missing from Eric was heart breaking.
    Aslinn Dhan
    Maker
    Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy April 24th 2010, 8:29 pm

What a coincidence. I just finished watching that episode again a few minutes ago. I love it more each time I see it.
    Fairy
    Fairy
    Maker
    Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sian April 25th 2010, 9:40 am

Aslinn Dhan wrote:Yes, this was a most incredible epi for us as well when we saw it. The emotions that had otherwise been missing from Eric was heart breaking.

Yes! After appearing to be such a cold hearted creature, it becomes evident how deeply he can love!
    Sian
    Sian
    Fangbanger
    Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetAndWild April 28th 2010, 9:25 pm

When Eric screams "But we are here!" it still gets me everytime. Poor thing.
    SweetAndWild
    SweetAndWild
    Fledgling
    Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan May 17th 2010, 9:45 am

This was the episode last night and it is still as effecting as always....
    Aslinn Dhan
    Maker
    Maker

Back to top Go down

S2 E9 I Will Rise UP Empty Godric and Eric

Post  Haruka January 8th 2011, 4:02 pm

I cried during this episode just because of the strong emotion going between Eric and Godric, and because Godric, while only being in a few episodes, had already become one of my favorite characters. I didn't want to see him go so soon.
    Haruka
    Haruka
    Tea-Cup
    Tea-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Butter2 January 8th 2011, 4:37 pm

Haruka wrote: I cried during this episode just because of the strong emotion going between Eric and Godric, and because Godric, while only being in a few episodes, had already become one of my favorite characters. I didn't want to see him go so soon.

He is one of my favorite characters too. I love that they had him "appear" in season 3. Made the sting of him not being on the show anymore a bit more bearable.
    Butter2
    Vampire
    Vampire

http://www.myspace.com/xobutterfliesox

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan January 8th 2011, 6:55 pm

Haruka wrote: I cried during this episode just because of the strong emotion going between Eric and Godric, and because Godric, while only being in a few episodes, had already become one of my favorite characters. I didn't want to see him go so soon.

Hey there Haruka, why don't you introduce yourself up in the Introductions thread...we like welcoming new comers...
    Aslinn Dhan
    Maker
    Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy January 9th 2011, 8:14 pm

I couldn't agree more Haruka. I watched Seasons 1 and 2 again this weekend, and this episode never fails to make me cry, no matter how many times I watch it.

Welcome to our forum!
    Fairy
    Fairy
    Maker
    Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down