Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Next Big Project

3 posters

Go down

Our Next Big Project Empty Our Next Big Project

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 5th 2011, 11:26 am

Charitable Fund Raising:

All of our lovely TB stars support some sort of charity. Alex is involved with Tails for Whales and Amnesty International and Kristen is involved with ASPCA and PETA and Tails for Whales and Stephen and Anna have done things charitably….

Now, what they do primarily is auction stuff and the bidding gets quite enormous for some things. What I was thinking, and this is an idea that has been kicked around for some time is that we use the service called Zazzle to brand our fan items and sell them and all profits would go to a charity of our choice. I thought we could have a goal of four charities a year, all related to True Blood and their Actors. The money we would give would be given by True Blood Council in honor of the Actor who supports the charity…For example, if we give a donation to PETA, we do it in the name of Kristen Bauer and True Blood Council…

The way Zazzle works is we open an account and design the stuff. One design can be applicable to many things in the store. They create on On Demand…that is they don’t make anything until you order it. We would get a percentage of the price. The more percentage we take the higher the price of the item, so we would only take a certain amount. 10 % would be the best and it is the least amount and keeps the cost to you low.

We would also limit it to the lower priced items. T shirts, ball caps, key chains, little canvas bags, buttons and the like are cool little fan items and they don’t cost that much, the $20 dollars and under selection is pretty damned good.
One of the things we should make note of, the tee shirts run a little small. If you order a large, probably be best to order a x-large or larger…

One of the limitations to Zazzle is copyright. We cannot use copyrighted images, and that includes the photos of our girls and boys. Their character images are registered and copyrighted. Also, the logo Lady Vamp Lips we use on our forum is a registered trademark as well. We can have it on our forum art because we are not a pay for view fan site and we don’t make money from the fan site….

What I thought we would do is the first round of things for sale would be TBC themed goodies. That means we need an original logo. After that, we can do show and book themed things that would appeal to a broader group of buyers.
What you do, to get a piece submitted is create your piece and send it to me in the form of a JPEG…I will then format it to be used by Zazzle and it would appear on our catalogue. I will not turn away any submissions unless they have copyrighted images on them. If you aren’t sure, please just ask me about them. Also I will check for spelling and the like…great to be a fan, better to be a literate fan…LOL (this is the only time I would be a spelling/grammar nazi.)

Please submit you entrees for the logos by April 4th so I can post them on the forum for a week long voting and the winner will be the first artist on our product line.

Here are the rules:

NO COPYRIGHTED IMAGES...Sorry gang, pictures of our boys and girls are strictly prohibited. Their faces are copyrighted. For this first submission, design a logo for True Blood Council. Include our web address and somewhere on the design, put your name/screen name on the art so we know who designed it.

Send them to me in a pm. Submit as many as you like. and on April 4th, I will set it up for voting by the forum.

I am so excited about this
Viking
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Our Next Big Project Empty Re: Our Next Big Project

Post  Butter2 March 5th 2011, 6:28 pm

I can't wait to design something!
Butter2
Vampire
Vampire

http://www.myspace.com/xobutterfliesox

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy March 6th 2011, 12:41 am

Sounds awesome!
I am no artist, but I am willing to do anything else to help.
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 28th 2011, 2:05 pm

OKay guys, we have only a couple of more weeks to submit your True Blood Council Logo for Zazzle.....Please send me in Pm a jpeg of your submission. I will set up the voting the 11th of April for voting by the members for our first featured work....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 28th 2011, 3:49 pm

By the way, please make your submissions at least 600 x 600 or there is a danger of too much pixilation and they won't even allow me to submit it to the store...Thanks bunches and happy art making....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down