Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lafayette's Kitchen

+6
Butter2
Violet
Aolani
Renee
minnie
Aslinn Dhan
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lafayette's Kitchen - Page 2 Empty Re: Lafayette's Kitchen

Post  Violet February 22nd 2010, 8:12 pm

Sex in a Pan= Bill in Pan, correct?

You guys are making me hungry.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie February 23rd 2010, 11:41 am

Gracious Plenty Brownies

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 350F. Grease 9x9inch pan. Stir together butter, sugar, and vanilla extract in bowl. Add eggs, beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of pan. Cool completely in pan.

Cream Cheese Frosting

2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar. Add four to six drops pink food coloring to make pink frosting. Store extra frosting in the refrigerator.

Recipe sources:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
minnie
minnie
Fledgling
Fledgling

http://theredpeony.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 23rd 2010, 1:22 pm

Yummy in my tummy girls bounce
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee February 23rd 2010, 5:25 pm

Renee’s Get Out of Jail Free Pie

I make this pie with bakeapples/cloudberries, I call it my Get Out of Jail Free Pie because I’ve gotten away with multiple sins by making and serving it.

Pastry

½ cup of butter
½ cup of brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder

Cream the butter and sugar, add the egg and continue beating, add the flour and baking powder and beat until well blended.

Line a deep dish pie pan with the dough.*

Fruit

Line the pastry with 3 cups of bakeapples**

Cream

1 ¼ cups of sour cream
½ cup of sugar
3 Tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 eggs

Cream all the above ingredients and pour slowly over the fruit and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes

Topping

¼ cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of flour
¼ cup of butter

Mix until crumbly.

Remove pie from oven and sprinkle with the topping mixture return to the oven and continue baking for 20 more minutes.

Remove from oven and allow to cool, the custard will set completely upon cooling.

* This pastry does not roll well so I press it into the pan with my fingers. You may wish to cover the edges of the crust with foil to prevent burning.

** I use bakeapples and have used lingonberries in this recipe however, any fruit may be used. Strawberries and blueberries are particularly delicious.

Renee
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Butter2 March 8th 2010, 8:22 pm

Jason Stackhouse's Drunken Snack

Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwhich

2-3 Ripe bananas
8 Slices white bread
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter

Topping:
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Directions
In frying pan melt 3 tablespoons of butter - make sure butter does not burn. In a small bowl mix together peanut butter, honey and cinnamon. Slice bananas into 1/4 thick slices. Spread the peanut butter mixture on four slices of bread and cover with banana slices. Top with remaining 4 slices of bread. Spread butter on both sides of sandwiches. Grill sandwiches in frying pan until each side is golden brown.

For topping, combine sugar cinnamon in shallow plate. Coat grilled sandwiches with mixture. Cut diagonally and serve hot.

Recipe Courtesy Paula Deen

Servings: 4 sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Difficulty: Easy

Got this recipe from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's what i've been craving since i found the recipe i eat at least once a day 🐰
Butter2
Vampire
Vampire

http://www.myspace.com/xobutterfliesox

Back to top Go down

Lafayette's Kitchen - Page 2 Empty minnie's cakes

Post  minnie March 24th 2010, 6:28 pm

Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake

2 cups chocolate chips
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large bananas
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 cup butter,softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 10 inch bundt cake pan and dust with flour. Toss the chocolate chips with 2 tbsp. of the flour and set aside.

2. Mix the remaining flour,baking powder, and salt. Mash the bananas. In a small bowl, stir together the bananas, milk, and vanilla. In a larger bowl, cream the butter and sugar. One at a time, beat in the eggs into the butter-sugar mixture. In three additions each, mix in the flour and banana mixtures until just combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.

3. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 65 to 75 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool ten minutes. Carefully invert the cake onto the rack to remove it from the pan and cool completely. For garnish, sift confectioners' sugar over the top of the cake or drizzle with melted chocolate chips. Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature. Makes 16 to 20 servings.

Recipe source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
minnie
minnie
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Lafayette's Kitchen - Page 2 Empty minnie's cakes

Post  minnie March 24th 2010, 6:39 pm

Mandarin Orange Cake

1 package white cake mix (18-1/4 oz.)
2 eggs
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 can mandarin oranges (11 oz.), undrained
1 carton frozen whipped topping (8 oz.), thawed
1 can crushed pineapple (8 oz.), undrained
1 package instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz.)

In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oranges. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round cake pans. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. In another bowl, beat whipped topping, pineapple, and pudding mix. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Chill. Makes 12 servings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
minnie
minnie
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 24th 2010, 6:46 pm

Yummmm, I don't know which one I want first
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy March 24th 2010, 7:15 pm

They all sound so delicious.
Thanks for posting I will have to make one of those for a potluck next week.
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Butter2 March 26th 2010, 10:19 pm

Dawns "make you wanna slap it" Stuffed Burgers

Ingredients
1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
1 pound ground chuck
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 large hamburger buns, split
Ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard, for serving
Lettuce, sliced tomato, onion, and avocado, for serving
Directions
Combine the jack cheese and chopped bacon in a bowl. Put the beef in another bowl and season with salt and pepper; use a rubber spatula to mix it in. Flatten 1/4 of the meat mixture in the palm of your hand. Squeeze together about a tablespoon of the cheese and bacon mixture to make a little nugget; put it in the center of the ground beef. Bring up the sides of the patty over the filling, making sure the cheese is completely covered by the meat. Flatten slightly for a nice patty shape. Set them side by side on a platter in the refrigerator while preparing the grill.

Place a large grill pan on 2 burners over medium-high heat or preheat an outdoor gas or charcoal barbecue and get it very hot. Brush the grates with oil to keep the burgers from sticking. Grill the burgers for 8 minutes per side for medium. (The USDA recommends cooking ground beef until it is no longer pink and the internal temperature is 160 degrees F.) Remove the burgers to a clean side plate while you toast the buns.

Rub the grill rack with more oil and place the buns cut-side down, toast for 1 minute. Serve the burgers with your favorite condiment and any garnish you like, such as lettuce, sliced tomato, onion, and/or avocado.

I dont have a grill so i just fried mine in a frying pan on the stove on medium heat in the grease left over from the bacon. You can put anything you want in the middle i just chose bacon and shredded cheese. I hope yall like it as much as i did! I got the idea from a show on Food network but the recipie from this website.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Aslinn for the recipe name..she's so talented :o
Butter2
Vampire
Vampire

http://www.myspace.com/xobutterfliesox

Back to top Go down

Post  Aolani April 30th 2010, 9:43 pm

Just a lil something warm and yummy while sitting around the campfire at Beltane or any other time.

Chai Tea Mix

Ingredients
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cardamom

Directions
In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water.
Footnotes
FOOTNOTE
You may choose to omit the French vanilla creamer, and use 2 teaspoons vanilla extract instead. To do so, mix the vanilla into the sugar, let it dry, then break the sugar into small lumps. Follow the same procedure as above.

You can spice it up even further by adding 1 teaspoon nutmeg and allspice, and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper.

Or you can go the more traditional method:

Hot Spiced Chai Tea

It may seem like a lot of spices added to this tea, but the outcome is worth it.

Servings: 6

Ingredients:
1 (2-inch) piece of fresh ginger
2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
10 whole cloves
10 cardamom pods
3/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
7 cups water
6 bags black tea
1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Original Low Fat Liquid Coffee Creamer
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar

Instructions:
COMBINE ginger, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom, peppercorns and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; partially cover pan. Heat for 10 minutes.

ADD tea bags; steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. Stir in Coffee-mate and sugar. Heat through. Strain tea into teapot and pour into cups for serving.
Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki May 30th 2010, 7:59 pm

Maryanne's Mock Hunter's souffle'
Layer ingredients in a souffle pan, (do not mix), in this order: 2 cans cherry pie filling 1 can crushed pineapple 1 box yellow cake mix, dry 2 sticks melted butter Bake at 350 degrees unitl hot, bubbly and golden brown. Serve in pan. Garnish with a heart!

It really is pretty good, a friend made this once. However I found this posted on True Bloods facebook page Very Happy
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy May 31st 2010, 12:05 am

Thanks for posting, but it will hard to not think of the real thing whilst eating it. Razz
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 22nd 2010, 8:37 pm

Hoyt's Baby Chicken Fried Steak

1 large package of cube steak.

(This is not the world's best cut of meat, and quite tough, so you will want to take each steak and pound it and cut into quarters. Once it is cooked, it is some of the richest meat you will eat)

A cup and half of flour
Eggs or Milk
(If lactose is a problem in your family, you can skip the eggs or milk. I find that it may make your steak dry to have a heavy batter, but never fear, if you skip the eggs and milk your steak will be crisp and yummy.)

A tea spoon of garlic or onion powder.

Mix your dry ingredients together in a large bowl or a paper bag, some people like to shake their meat in the flour. Give it a good stir to mix the dry ingredients. In another bowl, break three eggs and whisk them to break the yolks but not make them battery for an omelet. If you prefer milk, use two cups, that should give you enough milk to dredge your meat.

Dredge your meat in the milk or eggs and make sure the meat is well drenched in the liquid and then lay the meat in the flour. Cover the meat thoroughly in the flour and lay it in a plate.

Heat your skillet to medium high and let the oil, about a quarter cup to a half cup, heat. You will want to use more oil if you are battering the meat rather than just dusting.

Lay the meat in the skillet. Don't cover your skillet or the meat won't crisp. Turn the meat intermittently to cook it evenly. Make sure you cook it thoroughly and the outside is crispy.

To make it even crispier, set your meat in a cake pan and set it in the oven around 350 for about ten minutes. This will finish the cooking and make it even crisper.

Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and green beans and cornbread or biscuits and your family will develop an instant southern accent and will praise your name to the angels.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki June 22nd 2010, 9:32 pm

Talbot's Sorbet

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
4 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced (or try raspberries!)
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup light corn syrup
Directions
Bring the sugar and 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer, without stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.

Put the strawberries and lime juice into a food processor and puree. Press the strawberry puree through a strainer to remove the seeds.

When the sugar syrup has cooled completely add it to the strawberry puree. Add the corn syrup and stir well. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Sorbet is particularly soft after churning but firms up after freezing.
(snagged this from Paula Deen lol)

or you could be lazy like me and just buy a pint of Häagen-Dazs, yummy! Razz
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Lafayette's Kitchen - Page 2 Empty Lettie Mae's Hoe Cakes

Post  Aslinn Dhan September 8th 2010, 7:56 pm

Ingredients

* 1 cup self-rising flour
* 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
* 2 eggs
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 3/4 cup buttermilk
* 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil or bacon grease
* Oil, butter, or clarified margarine, for frying

Directions

Mix well all ingredients, except for the frying oil. Heat the frying oil or butter in a medium or large skillet over medium heat. Drop the batter, by full tablespoons, into the hot skillet. Use about 2 tablespoons of batter per hoecake. Fry each hoecake until brown and crisp; turn each hoecake with a spatula, and then brown the other side. With a slotted spoon, remove each hoecake to drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Leftover batter will keep in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan October 11th 2010, 10:37 pm

Jesus' Hypocrite Burger

Two Packages of Boca Veggie Burger Patties
American cheese
Sharp cheddar
Your fave Bacon, thick sliced
Twelve Hamburger Buns
Various Veggies and condiments

Fry or broil your Boca Burgers til they are nearly done. Fry up your bacon (to be a really big hypocite, fry the bacon first and then fry your veggie patties) and add a slice of American Cheese and cheddar cheese and when they are melted, take the patties out and put them on you fave bun and load it down with three or four strips of bacon...the more you add, the more hypocritical...and add your fave condiments and vegetables and chow down....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest October 27th 2010, 10:07 pm

We had the very yummy Stackhouse Po-Boys and lagers tonight and Mummy made some home made cabbage relish. Very nice.

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff November 16th 2010, 6:15 am

I love all these recipes. I am just trying to come up with something for Thanksgiving :) Now I am hungry!
TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Lafayette's Kitchen - Page 2 Empty Cabbage Rolls

Post  Aslinn Dhan November 20th 2010, 11:35 am

Ingredients

2 lbs of Hamburger
1 small can of tomato paste
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
1 large Onion
1 Tsp of garlic
I package of McCormick's Meatloaf mix or Beef Stew Mix
2 large heads of cabbage.

Meat Filling

Enough hamburger for 12 rolls (about two pounds)

Basically, it is a recipe for meat loaf. Here is how I do it, any variation is fine.

1 lg onion finely chopped
I small can of tomato paste (paste, not sauce)
I tsp of garlic powder
I package of McCormick's meatloaf mix (or beef stew if you can't find meatloaf)
3 eggs

Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly, mushing everything up with your hands. Put it in the firdge til your cabbage is ready.

Cabbage prep

Place 2 large cabbage heads stalk down in a pot and pour water in the pot until you have the water covering at least 2/3 of your top cabbage head. If you have to, cook them in separate pots. Bring your pot to a boil and cook for 45 minutes. This will soften up your cabbage so it will be pliable.

When they are done, put the heads in a large pan and with a knife, cut carefully around the stalk to peel off the cabbage leaves. Do this until you have cut away all the leaves. It may take one or two leaves to wrap a meat ball . Each ball of meat should be about the size of a small orange.

Place a few left over leaves in the bottom of the pot you intend to cook your rolls in. This protects your cabbage rolls from scorching. Lay all of your cabbage rolls in the pot and pour one large can of crushed tomatoes over the rolls and add water. Water should be just at the bottom of your last row of cabbage rolls. Put any left over cabbage in the pot on top.

Bring the water to a boil and then leave to simmer til your meat is cooked. This is about 45 minutes.

Serve with your fave sides.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aolani December 15th 2010, 10:37 pm

Baked Potato Soup

Prep: 15 mins Cooking: 10 mins Cooling: 0 min Yields: 4

This soup is sure to warm you up on a cold day.

Ingredients

2 large or 3 medium baking potatoes, baked or microwaved1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine1/4 cup chopped onion1/4 cup all-purpose flour1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) chicken broth1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated MilkCooked and crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions (optional)

Directions

MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk. Scoop potato pulp from 1 potato (reserve potato skin); mash. Add pulp to broth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes just to a boil. Dice remaining potato skin and potato(es); add to soup. Heat through. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Top each serving with bacon, cheese and green onions, if desired.

VARIATION: For a different twist to this recipe, omit the bacon, cheddar cheese and green onions. Cook 2 tablespoons shredded carrot with the onion and add 1/4 teaspoon dried dill to the soup when adding the broth. Proceed as above.

Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aolani January 22nd 2011, 4:12 pm

13 Bean Soup Recipe

2 cups 13 beans, uncooked
6 cups water
1 meaty ham bone or ham hock
1 large onion chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
6 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Stove Temp: medium low
Recipe Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours
Pan Type: dutch oven or stock pot

13 Bean Soup Directions

Place beans in a colander, look through the dry 13 beans to see if there are any rocks and remove them if you find any.
Wash and drain the 13 beans.

Place beans into the soup pot.
Cover 13 beans with the first amount of water.
Cover beans and let set 8 hours or overnight.
Drain and rinse the 13 beans and return to pan.

Add the diced ham or ham hock, chopped vegetables, basil, thyme, Worcestershire and second amount of water.
Stir to blend.
Bring 13 bean soup mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the meat is tender enough to easily remove from bone.
Cut meat off bone and put the ham back into the soup.
Continue to cook for allotted time or until 13 soup beans are tender and the flavors blend. Add the salt and pepper just before serving.

Recipe Note: 13 Bean soup mix contains navy, black, red, pinto, baby limas, large limas, garbanzo, red lentils, great northern, kidney beans, black-eyed peas, yellow splits, green splits and lentils. This is a good hearty and colorful bean soup mix.

Soup Recipe Serves: 6 – 8

Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Lafayette's Kitchen - Page 2 Empty Killed Greens

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 15th 2011, 12:31 pm

This is a perfect compliment to any down home supper. Some people use spinach or collard greens, some use dandilion greens, some use various lettuces. I use Iceberg lettuce, but feel free to experiment.

What you do is fry up some bacon or other pork meat like chops. Don't use sausage grease though because it may be too spicy...again, experiment.

Fry up your pork. If you use bacon set it aside and while the grease is hot, take your chopped lettuce and onion and put it in the hot skillet and sort of mix it around in the hot grease. Let the lettuce wilt a little but not grow too mushy, a few turns will do it. Then take your lettuce out of the skillet, crumble up your bacon (if you used bacon) on top and sprinkle it with vinegar. just a little.

A wonderful side dish for soup beans and fried potatoes....

Hope you enjoy....and no, this is not a health food....
May want to experiment with sliced fresh peppers (not the pickled kind) and heat it a little with your fave hot sauce for that Louisiana low country vibe. You can use this as a side dish to barbecue as well...
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Lafayette's Kitchen - Page 2 Empty REHV'S ROAST BEAST

Post  SugarMags February 21st 2011, 7:35 pm

OK. This isn't a True Blood inspired recipie. It comes straight out of J.R. Ward's "Lover Avenged" (Black Dagger Brotherhood). It sounds weird, but it works!! I've been dying to try it for 2 years, since the book came out, and finally worked up the nerve.

From Lover Avenged, by J.R. Ward, page 203....

Determined to keep it together, Ehlena put the napkin in her lap and tried the roast beef.
"My God, this is fabulous."
"Thanks," Rehv said as he sat down. "It's the way the doggen in our household have always done it. You get the oven up to four seventy-five and you put the roast in, blast it for a half hour, then turn everything off and let it sit in there. You're not allowed to open the door to check it. That's the rule, and you have to trust the process. Two hours later?"
"Heaven."
"Heaven."

We used a 3 lb or so sirloin tip roast, and it actually worked!!! Medium rare all the way through. Abso-effin-lutely perfect.

RULE #1 - DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR
RULE #2 - SEE RULE #1
SugarMags
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aolani April 29th 2011, 2:42 pm

I found a recipe for Alex's favorite meal. Here goes!

Moose Stew

Moose meat has a lean texture and rich flavor. It is difficult to acquire commercially, so you can substitute beef. Serve this stew with white rice and corn bread.

INGREDIENTS

6 strips bacon, cut into pieces
2-1/2 to 3 pounds moose meat, or beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 large onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
2 cups dry red wine
1 cup homemade or canned beef stock
3 tablespoons brandy
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 an orange, washed
6 whole cloves
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 large carrotss, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/2 pound mushrooms, coarsely chopped

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In an oven-proof 3-quart casserole, cook the baon over medium heat until brown. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, drain, and set aside.

Sprinkle the moose meat with salt and pepper. Dredge it in the flour. Add the meat to the pan drippings. Brown on all sides over medium heat.

Add the reserved bacon, onion, wine, stock, brandy, garlic, marjoram, and thyme. Stir until the sauce thickens and is bubbly. Stud the orange with the cloves and tuck it into the liquid. Cover the casserole and place it in the center rack of the oven. Bake for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.

In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook until tender. Set aside.

When the stew is done, add the carrots and mushrooms, cover, and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the orange and discard. Serve immediately.

Makes 4 to 6 servings

Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum