Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S4 Epi 5 Me and the Devil

+4
TiffTiff
Lina
lelama
Aslinn Dhan
8 posters

Go down

S4 Epi 5 Me and the Devil Empty S4 Epi 5 Me and the Devil

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 7th 2011, 8:40 pm

Tommy fights Joe Lee and manages to kill him, but accidentally kills Melinda as well. Sam helps Tommy dispose of their bodies in a swamp. Eric dreams that his maker, Godric, forces him to drink Sookie's blood, but Eric vows not to hurt Sookie. Bill glamours Portia into making her afraid of him, in order to put an end to her romantic advances. Naomi discovers Tara's real name and confronts her over the phone. Tara discovers that Eric is staying with Sookie and reels off a list of Eric's crimes against Sookie before running away. Eric leaves, guilt-ridden, but Sookie calls him back and the two kiss. Before the full moon, Jason has erotic dreams about Jessica, in which Hoyt also appears. Arlene and Terry have Reverend Daniels cleanse their house of ghosts, but paranormal activity still lingers. Alcide is visited by Marcus Bozeman, the head of the local pack, who scolds him for not having registered with them. Lafayette and Jesus visit Jesus' witchcraft-practicing grandfather to combat the threat posed by Pam and Eric. Sookie's dead grandmother's spirit warns her that Marnie is dangerous. Marnie is later arrested by Bill, who glamours her to find out if her powers are genuine. Bill meets with the four sheriffs of Louisiana and they discuss the persecution of witches by vampires in Spain in the 1600s. Pam accidentally tells them that Eric has lost his memory, and that he is staying with Sookie.

Last edited by Aslinn Dhan on August 16th 2011, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

S4 Epi 5 Me and the Devil Empty Re: S4 Epi 5 Me and the Devil

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 24th 2011, 6:47 pm

This thread is open
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  lelama July 25th 2011, 12:30 am

I am so, so satisfied with this season! It is perhaps the best, though I haven't decided if I like it more than the Maryann season.

A lot of the characters on True Blood make terrible decisions, which I have argued to others as part of it's hyper-realistic aspects...however, this episode contained a great deal of GOOD decisions made by almost everyone. Lafayette and Jesus going to Mexico to get help. Sookie mindtrapping Hollie to find out information. Bill taking a (perhaps stupid) risk to glamour Marnie to find out more. Pam (though indirectly) coming clean about Eric.

The Godric scene was great. I think that it was a nice throwback to times that perhaps Eric had shared with Godric (when Godric was less forgiving of humans). In the other forum I had mentioned Eric's cold-hearted killing. We haven't gotten to see that, granted. But in this episode we got to see a side of Godric that was only implied by Eric to Godric privately in Dallas. I think that was in a far time back when Godric was training him to be a vampire and follow his nature, his instincts. This scene really captures what I was attempting to say about that...I never intended to single Eric out for this aspect of vampire nature...so I certainly didn't mean to offend any Eric-girls.

Also, Sookie, fine, don't listen to Gran. I guess we were all sure that she was going to get hurt, but seriously, at least now she can't blame anyone but herself (though knowing Sookie, she's going to blame everyone but herself!!!).

I also thought it was great fun when Bill glamoured Portia. I don't think it was the best option, but at least he can reverse it if he wants. I think it might make her paranoid. I laughed so hard though. Also laughed at the Hoyt-Jason-Hoyt-Jason-Hoyt bit.

I'll probably have more to say about this episode later. However, it is too much later for me, and I am tired.

lelama
lelama
Tea-Cup
Tea-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina July 25th 2011, 5:21 am

lelama I so agree.

Even Tommy's situation has me hooked. This season is everything I wanted from TB and only AB can deliver that. My favorite things:

• Lala dropping the fro
    • Tommy coming to Sam
      • The impending doom coming at Alcide
        • Bill glamouring a witch
          • Bill glamouring incest proud Portia
            • Eric being open with emotion
              • The kiss *sigh*

Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff July 25th 2011, 7:02 am

um..... Viking

My being biased has made me peeved at Bill. Just saying.

Alcide has much trouble coming his way.

Spoiler:

Pam needs to get fixed up because I just feel so sorry for her!

Tara calling Sookie a hypocrite kinda made me mad. I am just done with her. I get where she is upset, but I don't think Sookie is a hypocrite. Plus, Tara never asked Sookie to tell her the truth and she just jumped to conclusions.

That kiss! Party

I have more to say, but I am getting over the initial shock and I couldn't chat last night...loved it though!
TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan July 25th 2011, 12:43 pm

Loved, loved this episode!! Finally getting rid of the fluff and moving into something! I really am glad they are getting some, not a lot, but some Merlotte's action in! I miss that place. I loved seeing Sookie use her abilities again, I have missed that for some weird reason. I will admit, I HATE her arms stretched out thing she does all the time, it's just weird and awkward to me. Rolling Eyes I am not a big Tommy fan, but I had a sliver of regret for him, but I do not like Sam being involved. I am like the reviewer that Aolani posted, I want him at Merlottes!!! I loved the Bill and Portia scene, I think it is telling. He is giving her the sense of what he feels for himself. BUT I do not like the idea of him wanting to kill Eric over the simply fact of Sookie. I cannot recall any laws Eric would have broken.....He is LOST for pity's sake! scratch I love Terry, such the optimist now, but Arlene didn't even begin to give that poor baby a fair shot. I am still convinced it's the doll! Well Tara can go punch out her lesbian girlfriend for all I care. Mad Poor Jason, he will never change! I will be interested to see how his story plays out. Alcide, oh Alcide, are you just looking for trouble?? First going back to Debbie and now this crap with the pack master. I really enjoyed the Eric scenes, he was a sweetheart. My favorite was hearing Adele "talk" to Sookie! I loved her as Gran. I loved the music with Sookie and Eric, it was uplifting and sexy. Poor Pam... No And Lala, whatcha thinking running off to Hey-soos's grandpa! He looked like Satan himself! I think it was a dangerous thing, I think Lala has something in him he isn't aware of that may be misused. Overall, very happy this week and dying for next!!!
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aolani July 25th 2011, 3:40 pm

It really takes some time to absorb these episodes, doesnt it tho? OMG so much!

Where to even begin. I wish they had told more about why there was so much distance between Jessica and Hoyt. I mean, they sort of did, but it just doesnt ring as being enough to create the distance that we see. I feel sorry for both of them. Yeah, I am sure Jessica is feeling guilty for glamouring Hoyt, but she cant go around acting all weird from it. She needs to think it thru and then be prepared to deal with it however she chooses.

Tommy. Thank god the Mickens are OVER! I felt very sorry for him even tho I cant stand him. He was in such a panic and just seemed to stay that way. I was amazed he had the thought to be an alligator when Andy insisted on seeing inside the van. Was it just me, or did that alligator have lipstick on its mouth? WTH! Still...Of course, big brother Sam to the rescue as always. Poor Sam. Always getting dragged into other people's messes. He did have an excellent perspective about it being a war between Tommy and his parents. Altho his logic about if you break one of the Commandments then its alright to break another was pretty flawed at best.

Arlene, Terry and that doll and baby. I am beyond over it, have been since before it started. I wish they wouldnt do these fill in plots that no one cares about. It really takes away from what people want to see. And calling in the Reverand and his wife? Ok, so Tara's mom cleaned up pretty good and she seemed to be happy enough, but really! Way to piss of a spirit! LIke you really think some sage and singing a hymn over and over is gonna do much? Yeah, so the house is gonna go up in flames. Nice.

Jessica and Jason. Ok, the dream was a RIOT! OMG! I laughed my ass off. Only Jason could bitch about sex tho and then have a sex dream, even if it was the blood. I think if anything it did show to remind us that at heart Jason is really a good guy. He isnt going to go into any of this easy thats for sure.

Bill. Best decision ever? Glamouring Portia. End story. She can stay that way. She was annoying as all get out anyways. Cant stand her. Worst decision? Going in to glamour Marnie by himself. My God, he is King!! Surely he could have sent someone else? I mean, there are times to step up and times to step aside and this was time to step aside for sure! Thankfully it went ok. Running off to Sookies when Pam spilled the beans? I think it was a reactionary response. We know how he is about Sookie anyways. From there , we shall see. I do have to wonder if he knew about the info the other Sherrif told about their history of the witches when he told Eric to go. I'm not sure. The jury is still out on my end.

Pam. I hate seeing her like this, I truly do. To be without her maker AND her looks. She cant do much of anything right now but run around looking like the beekeeper that Bill called her. To be so powerless is maddening and I am glad to know that she wont take this lying down. I am ready to see her kick ass and take names. When she spilled about Eric I felt so sorry for her. Damn that was just an accidental slip that really hurt her. Hasn't she had enough?

Sookie. I loved the scene with her hearing Grans voice! I would love more of that for sure. I was very concerned by Grans warning about Eric tho. Does this mean that when he remembers who he is that he is going to hurt and betray her? God I hope not. It makes me want to throw up even thinking about it. I think we are seeing a more honest Eric right now and to see that covered up by everything else, or worse, forgotten is just heartbreaking to me. I also loved the telepathy with Holly. Its about time we saw that resurface.

Eric. Doesnt your heart just break for him? To be so lost. Seeking a redemption that you fear you cannot have. To be so afraid of hurting someone. To have your world be so small and fearful. To rather leave than hurt someone with no place to go and no idea of who you are. To be so terrified of a dream. Every Eric scene just filled me with so much emotion. I feel so sorry for him, and yet he is so adorable and totally loveable its not even funny. How Sookie can resist him at all, I have no clue. This Eric wont last or stay and may not even be totally real, but I do love him.

Tara. Jesus, if anyone ever needed glamouring, its her. Since when did it become the acceptable means of greeting to pick up a stake and try to use it on every vampire you see? I'd like to see her g/f kick her ever loving ass. She can die this season. No skin off my nose. I even hate how she runs. She just gets on my last nerve and stands on it. She jumps to conclusions, doesnt listen, and is way too fast to throw out judgments. So much for her coming back to town and telling Sookie that she doesnt judge. Bitch. I hate her. There, I said it.

Alcide and Debbie and the Packmaster. Oh shit. Well my bet is gonna be that Alcide wants nothing to do with it, while Debbie will. Anyone see any conflict here? Well crap. Who cares. Filler plot again that will tie in with Sam and we dont care.

Lala and Hey Soos. Well, the way things are going I guess going to Mexico is as good as any idea. I hate to tell Lala but the sort of magic they will be doing and he will be exposed to isnt for sissies, thats for sure. Hopefully Lala will learn something about himself that will be useful to him not just in this situation, but in his life overall. I expect a rough journey.

So who can die this season with no skin off my nose?

Tara leads the list. Imagine....
Arlene. Useles as they come and Terry would be a wonderful single father.
Hey Soos. Please. Just leave now, ok?
Tommy. Worthless as they come. Bye Bye!!
Debbie.....Trouble from word go. She isnt changing her spots. Bet on it.

None of our vampires need to go anywhere. We love them. Our vampires die and I wont be a happy camper. Nope, not one bit!!

I am sure there is more, but thats it for now.

Viking Viking Viking
Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan July 25th 2011, 4:08 pm

Great rundown Aolani! I totally agree. I like the fluff/filler stories to only occur within the walls of Merlotte's! Lala would be the only exception. I hate that the main storyline isn't even HALF the episodes! Especially with so few each season.
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 25th 2011, 5:11 pm

This episode was the tightest and most complete epi yet. It pulled all the action together and is really pushing the story further.

Sam and Tommy's story was a wild one. But, I think we should of course remember Luna's story of the Skin Walkers and how a skin walker is made and what the implications are now that Tommy has killed another shifter....But totally cool about the marshmallows...

Jessica and Hoyt and Jason...I have to agree that the thing with Jessica and Hoyt and the breakdown of the relationship seems abrupt. But I keep reminding myself all of this is a year later, so their strained relationship could have been in the works long before we see them again arguing about Vampire cooking and the correct way to fry an egg.....

Marnie is in a world of hurt. She is channeling something she knows nothing about, but it was good to see more back story...I can't wait to see if there is a more direct connection to Eric. He said he was there...Again, this will be very interesting. And I get tickled at everyone, at first everyone yacked because Bill uses help to get things done, and then he does something himself and everyone yacks about him doing it himself...But I did like the bit about Vampires being involved with powerful human gov. and how they still are: Google and Fox News...hehhehehehhehe I think Anne Coulter could be a Vampire...doesn't she remind you a little of Nan Flanagan?

Bill is going to be miffed at Sookie when he gets to her house and presumably finds Eric inflagrante dilecto with the Sookster....I want this scene because I want to see probably the most heart wrenching scene yet to come...

Lala and Jesus...Man...Run...get the hell out!!!

Tara...ditto

Poor Pam...she is like a leper leaving bits of herself all over the parish...Stop picking at it Pam or it will never heal...Loved the bit about the bee keepers...Snarky but good one Bill.....

And then there is Eric...I always leave the best for last....

Poor Eric is haunted in his dreams, and I do mean haunted. Godric was so mean and evil in that scene it was scary....At last something that was a little oogie in TB...And then his coming up to Sookie's room and wanting comfort...Come here, lay your head on my breast and let me comfort you, you Big Viking....Poor fellah, and then Tara spills the beans about her take on him being a ruthless mean Vampire....Poor Eric...and then the thing about there is a light in you and I don't want to be the one responsible for snuffing it out...Poor thing...But we did get the big smoocherooni between Sookie and Eric and she initiated it...looks like USS YummyVampireSex has come into port and we are going see some gooiness begin that will leave you smoldering....Can't wait...
Viking

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 25th 2011, 5:12 pm

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy July 25th 2011, 7:37 pm

I loved this episode!

I pretty much agree with was said. Tara needs to go, good riddance to the Mickens. Arlene and crazy baby, seriously, WTF.

But I have to give props to Bill for voluntarily glamoring Marnie himself. Very ballsy. I would have thought lesser of him if he had sent someone else in his place.

Poor sweet Eric. It was scary seeing a very different Godric. It is interesting to see AE battle emotions that regular Eric struggled with himself. Watching him cry and plead for comfort about broke my heart. Finally, we get to see the kiss. I know we saw one last season, but this was even better. And Sookie initiated it.
Viking

Hysterical!
S4 Epi 5 Me and the Devil Tumblr_lovkwdwrpm1r086dio1_500
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet July 25th 2011, 8:40 pm

What I liked about this episode was a lot of characters went to their last resort for help. Tommy going to Sam, Pam going to Bill, Jesus going to his grandfather, Sookie going to see Marnie. Choices I'm sure they didn't want to make, but they are desperate.

I liked the Godric scene. I'm always happy when Allan Hyde makes an appearance, even if it is in a dream. I miss him.

I thought it was sweet Eric going to Sookie about his bad dream. He is very cute this season.

Bill glamouring Porta. Thank you! I couldn't believe she didn't see what the big deal was. I get that her great great great great great grandfather is sexy as hell, but really? Glamouring her was the right decision. I loved how Bill was trying to stay away from her. Too funny.

For me the best storyline of this episode was Tommy and Sam working together. I don't blame him at all for killing his parents. It was self defense and they just had to go. They win my prize for the Worst Parents EVER. I was a bit shocked that the writers decided to kill off Melinda, too. I know she was no good either, but TB usually lags on with storylines and I figured she would be one of them. I loved that he turned into a gator. Genius.

Geez, Jesus and Lafayette sure got to Mexico fast. I'm excited to see the Mexican witch bit.

I'm not sure what to think about Sookie and Marnie contacting Gran thing. It was very strange for me. I'm not sure I liked it too much. Not about what Gran said, but the fact they were able to do it. Sookie being able to listen to her Gran again. Very freaky stuff going on in Marnie's head.

I don't get Pam. How does she expect Bill to do something if she doesn't tell him what is going on? I know she has her reasons, but I think she should have told him the truth when she first saw him this episode. I think Bill has proven that he wants to find out what happened to Eric and want's to help. Going himself to glamour Marnie and getting all the sheriffs and AVL involved, I think has proven that. He was on her side and because she lied to him, it could get worst. Not that I agree with it but I'm not surprised.

I'm not done with Tara. I thought she was right on with what she said about Sookie. I don't think Sookie has been much of a friend to her lately. I know Sookie is protecting Eric, but she should have at least tried to explain it to her. Tara fearing for her life again and Sookie knowing what is going on. I would have thought she cared more about her than Eric. I know there isn't much of a way around it, but I don't blame Tara at all for getting upset. I would have been to if I was her.

This may be a bit strange but one thing I was looking forward to with the Eric and Sookie hook up was the music Nathan Barr was going to write for them. I fell in love with the Sookie and Bill theme the first season, so I was excited to hear what he was going to do for Eric and Sookie. Of course, it was very beautiful. It made the scene more magical. I am a Bill girl but I can still feel happy for them.

Now let's see how Bill handles it! Shocked

Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  lelama July 25th 2011, 9:55 pm

Violet, your post piqued my interest...

Violet wrote:I liked the Godric scene. I'm always happy when Allan Hyde makes an appearance, even if it is in a dream. I miss him

I too, miss seeing him. What a babe. And now that he's a couple of years older and more manly, I would have to say even more of a babe.

Violet wrote:Geez, Jesus and Lafayette sure got to Mexico fast.
I thought this as well, then I looked up directions on Google Maps from Shreveport to the border of Mexico, and it would take about 9 hours. So if they left in the early morning, they could certainly get past the border by the time it was dark.

Violet wrote:I'm not sure what to think about Sookie and Marnie contacting Gran thing. It was very strange for me. I'm not sure I liked it too much. Not about what Gran said, but the fact they were able to do it. Sookie being able to listen to her Gran again. Very freaky stuff going on in Marnie's head.

At first I thought that Sookie had a new power we didn't know about that was tapped by Marnie's presence, but then my husband said that Sookie could just hear Marnie's thoughts, in that particular moment, were thoughts shared with another, this time being Gran. It was kind of a downer actually. This scene was scary to watch. It didn't sit well with me either, but as I said in my previous post, I am generally unsettled by this season.

Violet wrote:...I don't blame Tara at all for getting upset. I would have been to if I was her.

What bothers me about Tara is that she is so angry about Eric trying to kill her, when in fact, she tried to kill him first. So she is so, so, very angry at vampires in general that she tries to kill one, and when he retaliates, she says that he tried to kill her, but totally leaves out any blame on herself. Sookie does this too. It pisses me off about them both!

Violet wrote:This may be a bit strange but one thing I was looking forward to with the Eric and Sookie hook up was the music Nathan Barr was going to write for them. I fell in love with the Sookie and Bill theme the first season, so I was excited to hear what he was going to do for Eric and Sookie. Of course, it was very beautiful. It made the scene more magical. I am a Bill girl but I can still feel happy for them.

I also really liked the Eric/Sookie theme music. I like how it was similar enough to the Bill/Sookie theme to still convey the message of love and effection, but Ericified!
lelama
lelama
Tea-Cup
Tea-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Aolani July 25th 2011, 11:14 pm

Oooohh!!! New word this season! Love , love, love it!!

Ericified!

Viking Viking Viking
Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff July 26th 2011, 8:05 am

I pretty much agree with you lelama. Tara has been making me want to pull out my hair this season. Sookie never said that she was being one hundred percent truthful and she didn't even give her a chance to explain the situation. She just jumps to conclusions and expects everybody to feel sorry for her. I do feel sorry about what happened to her last season, but what if it were a human that did all of that instead of a vampire? Do you think she would be trying to kill every human she saw? She hates Pam too, but she never even gave Pam a chance before she held a gun to her and threatened to kill her. She reminds me of that friend who wants you to stop talking to one of your friends because she doesn't like them, but she never takes into account how you feel about it. Circumstances are more extreme in this case, but it still reminds me of that....

I am glad that the season is picking up though. :)
TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy July 26th 2011, 6:18 pm

I have to say I really don't blame Sookie for not telling Tara about Eric. First as lelama said, Tara tried to stake Eric first, he was merely defending himself. And if Eric had really wanted her dead, she would be.
I would not trust Tara with anything, especially Eric. And again this is the same crazed Tara that led a maenad into Sookie's house, unknowingly of course, but still. No way would I trust her again. And I think Sookie was trying to protect Tara, she knows the crap that Tara's been through I am sure she didn't want to expose her to vampire business again.

I still think Pam did the right thing by not telling Bill about Eric. At this point I don't trust his intentions towards Eric or Pam. I think that Bill only wants to find Eric to keep tabs on him, since he is the "competition".
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down