Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S4 Epi 8 Spellbound

+2
Violet
Aslinn Dhan
6 posters

Go down

S4 Epi 8 Spellbound Empty S4 Epi 8 Spellbound

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 7th 2011, 8:42 pm

Jessica meets the sun, only to be rescued by Jason. Believing he can settle the feud with the witches and get rid of the spells, Bill calls Marnie/Antonia with a proposition. In an effort to heal Eric, Sookie lets him feed off of her. In return he lets her drink some of his blood. They have sex many times over in a V-induced hallucination. Sookie and Eric are determined to help the King battle the witches. Lafayette is possessed by the spirit of the mysterious woman who has been singing to Mikey. She believes Mikey is her child reincarnated because he has her child's doll. We learn that, in life, her married lover killed their child. Lafayette, possessed by the woman's spirit, kidnaps Mikey and takes the doll. Marcus is revealed as the father of Luna's daughter; he threatens Sam when he finds him at Luna's house. Jessica breaks up with Hoyt, who angrily rescinds her invitation to the house. She goes to Jason, who also rejects her and banishes her from his house. Tommy, skinwalking as Maxine Fortenberry, meets with a businessman to steal her land's natural gas rights. Bill and Marnie and their supporters meet at the Bon Temps graveyard at midnight. Bill proposes that Marnie reverse the spells cast on Eric and Pam and leave the vampires alone, and in return, the vampires won't touch her again. The standoff comes to violence when Sookie senses that Marnie is casting a spell, and Eric kills a member of Marnie's coven. Marnie envelops the area in heavy fog and the battle begins in earnest. Sookie is injured, but Alcide finds her and removes her from the scene. Debbie has been following Alcide in wolf form, and sees everything. Eric runs into Marnie, who appears to cast another spell on him, while Bill is captured by Marnie's followers using silver.

Last edited by Aslinn Dhan on August 16th 2011, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

S4 Epi 8 Spellbound Empty Re: S4 Epi 8 Spellbound

Post  Aslinn Dhan August 14th 2011, 6:57 pm

Thread is unlocked.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet August 15th 2011, 11:12 am

I love that Jason saved Jessica. It's a messy triangle but I think they're good for each other.

Sam is good for Luna and her little girl. Sam is definitely the alpha between him and that werewolf. What a scary situation for Luna to have him hovering like that.

I could have done without the dreams. The Jessica and Hoyt dream, didn't see why they had to do it. I understand they wanted to show Jessica feeling guilty for what she was about to do and how in her mind she thought she was going to be the harsh one, but they really didn't need to do it. Now for the actual break up, that was brutal. Hoyt was so mean, I thought. Felt so sorry for her.

I didn't understand (what some people are calling) "the cold shower." Who was dreaming? was it even a dream?

Eric is starting to sound a little bit more like Eric, lately. The spell may not have been broken but maybe he's naturally getting a little bit of his old self back. I have no idea what Antonia has done to him in the end. The poor guy, he's had enough! Oh, him cussing in Swedish, too funny.

Bill is so smooth. I love how he can get a smile from hateful Maxine Fortenberry. He just saved so many vampires, I hope they all take him seriously as King when everything gets back to normal (if it ever does). I'm especially glad that Sookie recognizes that Bill has done right. "Thank you my....Bill." haha

I was thinking how Debbie as a blonde looks a bit odd. I wonder if she did that thinking Alcide would prefer it? Since you know who is a blonde. That girl is starting to lose it.

I thought you could only skinwalk as a family member? And how can one pick the person to turn into? I need to talk to Tommy. Very screwed up what he did, but it was hilarious to watch.

Lafayette and that singing lady. I still have absolutely no clue what's going on. Who is she going to shoot?

I loved the cemetery/war scene. I wonder why Jessica wasn't there? I know everyone has given up on Tara and I'm about the last to defend her, but I was so glad to see that Bill saved her life. I absolutely understood why he did it. We see eye to eye, Bill and I. Alcide going out to help Sookie, man this girl has three men in her life that would do anything for her. Can I trade places with her? I don't know what's going to happen to her since she got shot, but the preview for next epsidode didn't leave us with much.

I love this season.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan August 15th 2011, 11:26 am

You know how I hate being the first one to comment....

Okay, so I really liked seeing Jason save Jessica and take her downstairs and carefully chain her back up with silver. And of course I liked the way Bill and Jason interacted. It was good. So kudos to King Bill for being so diplomatic.

I wished they would hurry up and do something with Andy....It is maddening and frustrating to see this storyline sort of meander uselessly through the plot...

Am getting a little more interested in the ghost plot line for Arlene and Terry and the baby and Lafayette. I would be interested more if they would have made the name of the white fellah who killed the baby known to us...It would have told us more about the reason they are being haunted.

I loved the thing with Eric and Sookie...I wished he could meet somewhere in between the old Eric and the new Eric, he would be the perfect Vampire. But apparently they have made the blood bond. So that is very cool. I loved the way they were both tripping on each other's blood. And the making love in the bed in the woods with the snow and the furs all piled up that was wonderful....

Apparently, Jessica had a totally different notion about what breaking up with Hoyt would be like...Both are pretty harsh when you compare the two scenes, her fantasy scene and the real scene...Still, I can't say Hoyt was totally justified in what he said to her, but I understand why.....But it was sad when both Jason and Hoyt kicked her out of their houses.

I did like the fact they all came together to fight the witches. And I liked the fact that Sookie still loves Bill....I know this is a conflicted thing for her and the men in her life, and being a Bill sister wife, it did my heart some good to hear her sort of imply it, but I also liked seeing Eric go all bad ass during the battle...Now there is the ruthless Eric we have all come to love....

So I wonder...What did the witch do to Eric?

Alcide? See, I think he will see the bad side of Debbie come out once again...What do you think?
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan August 15th 2011, 12:27 pm

That ghost has to be thinking that babe is a Bellefleur, so that leads me to believe the father of her baby was also. She seemed to be taking the baby, the gun for protection maybe? I LOVE, LOVE Nelsan! He did an amazing job of playing her! I think the skinwalker can change into any human, just has to kill one of his own to become that. I liked and disliked this episode all at the same time, if that makes sense. I am sorry, but this whole Sookie/Eric love dream is bothering me. I get they want everyone to see that his blood is stronger, more intense, but I feel like they are sugar coating what could have been such a simple and amazing beginning to their relationship. I am totally a Bill gal, but I feel like a disservice is being done here. I absolutely loved Bill, every decision he made, every speech-everything! I'm ready to move on past Andy, Tara and almost Sam too. I am glad they are bringing in the tension between him and the pack master. I wish Tommy would move on already, I worry that Sam let him off to easily, I mean who's to say he won't turn into him again? Maxine was hilarious, or Tommy for that matter! Jessica, oh Jessica, I just don't know what to think about her and Jason. I am so glad Eric is getting all warrior like! Viking Sometimes the mush is too much, we needed to see hints of real Eric. I hated the preview, really, as if Sookie is going to die!! I worry about that last scene though with Antonio and Eric, she was petting his head like a damn dog!
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee August 15th 2011, 12:54 pm

The TBC's 20 Things We Learned From Spellbound

1. Andy ignores the 5 second rule.... really

2. What's Worse? Eating dead vampire Beulah Carter or eating dead vampire Beulah Carter off the ground?

3. Silver is like a bandaid just rip 'er off already.

4. Fairys are like Chinese food, you can eat the whole thing and be hungry again a short time later.

5. Blood Bonding can really get your freak on.

6. Blood Bonding has potential for frostbite.

7. Eric lovers now hate fur. What was that? A rat?

8. Jesus tits and God America is now our favorite cuss phrase

9. Tommy gives new meaning to the phrase "Bad hair day"

10. Ain't nobody getting on Kat Barbie's good side

11. It's always good to meet a couple of nice bitches

12. The Baptist Church choir can heat a shitload, just ask Terry

13. Too many ghosts in the kitchen spoil the gumbo

14. Sam hordes succotash

15. Marcus gives new meaning to the phrase "Marking your territory"

16, Hoyt and Mikey have something in common, they're both big babies

17. Lafayette is finally into a woman. Correction- A woman is really into Lafayette

18. Sookie + Vampires = Baggage. Are we talking Hermes? Birken? Gucchi?

19. Dr. Ludwig's shots are better than Botox

20. Breaking up is hard to do especially when you're a vampire.
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina August 15th 2011, 2:06 pm

The cemetery scene was too damn predictable for me. I literally nudged my hubby and said "how many witches and additional vamps will be there." Eric pulled a badass move, but it makes some wonder if he did it of his own regards or was he spellbound when completed, to start the mayhem that ensued. The petting thing irked the hell out of me, this is a 1000 year old vampire against a 400 yr old witch. Just came across lame to this girl.

Sookie needed a slap with the "My..Bill", first you have two vamps sitting there caring for you and you're screwing with everyone's emotions across the board. It was a rolls eye moment. Tara could seriously be ripped to shreds by Pam too, Bill's movement wasn't noble, it was indicative of the fact he's trying to get back into Sookie's good graces, plus Tara can seriously die and I wouldn't blink a bit.

Alcide lying to Debbie bold faced turned me off completely from his character. It was a low down, dirty move. I can't blame Debbie for going wild on this one, a blatant lie from your dude is considered zero tolerance. I like the scene between Marcus and Sam, adds some excitement I've been wanting from Sam. Tommy is just an idiot.

I enjoyed the dream scenes; it was nice to see Jessica's brutal side for once. She's a vamp and frankly I wish she would have done the head smacking bit to Hoyt, after he went above nasty to downright dirty..mentioning the baby thing was disgusting. Jason disappointed me, although I get his noble intentions. He may play stupid, but he loves his boy and I get that. He by far, won the hero medal this episode. He saved Jessica, stopped Andy from doing something stupid and even chose his buddy over a girl, for the moment.

Eric and Sookie's dream was interesting, a V trip on viking and fae blood is always interesting to watch. I did laugh seeing them run to the bed, that was corny, but the rest of it, made sense. It also provided a connection between these two that will become quite interesting in S5. Tripping that hard during love making? It's going to be hard to go back to some normal loving.

Overall, I will need to watch this one again. While it was good, the predictability factor was a bit high for me and the LaFayette angle, while good, still needs to be ironed out.

Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Barrister August 15th 2011, 8:26 pm

I totally agree Violet, the battle scene was really good....

Love the five second rule Renee

And I agree Lina, they need to get to the point on the whole thing with Arlene's baby
Barrister
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet August 15th 2011, 9:36 pm

Lina wrote:

Sookie needed a slap with the "My..Bill", first you have two vamps sitting there caring for you and you're screwing with everyone's emotions across the board. It was a rolls eye moment. Tara could seriously be ripped to shreds by Pam too, Bill's movement wasn't noble, it was indicative of the fact he's trying to get back into Sookie's good graces, plus Tara can seriously die and I wouldn't blink a bit.

I think Bill saved Tara because he really did owe her. You all know Bill can do no wrong in my eyes, but I never agreed with what he did to Tara in Mississippi. It's another reason why I feel sorry for her and understand a bit where she's coming from. I don't think it has anything to do with trying to win Sookie back. If that had been the case, he would have done it in front of her or said something about it. Sookie also didn't say anything about keeping Tara safe, which I thought was a bit strange. If I remember correctly Bill didn't harm anyone at the cemetery (I may be wrong) so why would he allow Tara to be killed? Bill is a noble man and it didn't surprise me at all what he did.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina August 15th 2011, 11:19 pm

Tara is sure to report the issue with Sookie, once Sookie gets over being utterly pissed by Tara's betrayal. I don't know... I read the books, seen the show thus far, and there has been small shreds of forced nobility. He entered the scene with pure intent of using Sookie and his motives have been intentional. Granted he let Eric go, but only after he originally trapped him into the true death aspect with Nan. He's only redeemed himself from scenarios he's created from trouble. Sure Eric has had his nonsense too, gotta admit his asshole-ness has always been out front center, though. Alcide is another I'm not favoring, he lied bold-faced to his lady and that isn't cool. Tara deserved to die, she killed a vamp and shown nothing less than betrayal to Sookie and the vamps who have saved her life. Shrug Overall, we'll see what happens as the season and season 5 progresses. Seems like Bill, who took a backseat this season in love to Sookie, will go back further as Alcide slinks his way closer to Sookie. I personally can't wait until Eric redeems his memory and goes back to being Eric.
Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet August 16th 2011, 1:03 am

Maybe I'm too much of a pacifist but I don't think anyone deserves to die. Tara can be redeemed too.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina August 16th 2011, 7:20 am

No need for labels :) We all have varying opinions, life would considerably dull and lifeless if we all agreed on everything and everyone. I just personally would love to see Pam rip Tara to shreds, she's turned out to be a backstabbing, woe is me, character and I hate that path, IMO, of course. The only way she seems redemptive, is if she left the town and went back to her girlfriend. It just pisses me off at how she involves herself in the fray and then cries wolf. Then again I feel that way, at times, with Sookie.
Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan August 16th 2011, 10:40 am

Well, I think we all just have to give Bill a small break here. Sure he has more than the altruistic reasons for his motives, but he isn't the most guilty person on the show. And Eric is not a villain but neither is he an angel....It all adds up to some pretty intense drama and I for one love drama in the story.

As far as Tara? She has been down this supernatural track before where she gave away her will to something else and while she may not remember it, she knows she did it so you would think she would know better. I think she needs to skeedaddle back to New Orleans and write Bon Temps off as a bad deal.

Debbie I tolerate just a little better. At least she has some level of rationale to what her motives are. She has been clean and sober for a year and I think since Alcide is one of those one wolves who don't like to be a part of a pack, he makes her feel isolated and alone. Alcide can't be the end all and be all of he world, particularly if he is going to involve himself in Sookie's shit again. So perhaps on her part, her jealousy is justified...

Do the characters deserve to meet the true death? I don't know. I suspect Debbie might by the time the season ends...besides, it is what happens in the fourth book...So who knows. Tara? I used to love Tara, and maybe this is in reaction to all the things that has happened to her at the hands of Vampires and that is why she identifies with Antonia and this is why she is allowing her to influence her, but still, it is like women who join the lady's auxiliary of the Klan because they are raped or otherwise brutalized by a black person. Tara's attacker was given justice at the hands of Jason Stackhouse. Her beef is over with Vampires. She won't ever be besties with them, but maybe she just say "Live and Let Live" and go back to Nawlin's and be done with it....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet August 16th 2011, 11:11 am

I don't agree with what Tara has been up to, but I can see where she's coming from. She just needs a major wake up call. I hope Bill helped her realize not all vampires are bad.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan August 16th 2011, 11:16 am

I think he certainly gave her food for thought..
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down