Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what would you do if it were up to you?

3 posters

Go down

So what would you do if it were up to you? Empty So what would you do if it were up to you?

Post  Aolani March 3rd 2011, 6:28 pm

Aslinn and I were talking late last night about how there is no news, and what there is seems to be repetative. HBO has the comics out, which are great but they sure are keeping a tight reign on info coming out about S4.

We thought there was lots of things they could do to keep it interesting without giving too much away that they arent doing. Some of our ideas included:

Talking with the costuming and the set designers and they could do stuff like talk about how they shot the scene of Bill waking up and going into fairy land or do their reasoning as to why they have the fae the way they do or how they do the morphing scenes for the shape shifters. Do articles and interviews on craft services and find out what they liked to eat and if certain actors had favroite dishes and how they offer foods that go along with their diets and all that. (Aslinns wonderful idea)

Or how about finding out how they do their research and where they purposely deviate from whats known or suspected and where they want us to suspend our beleif and go with the flow. How do the writers decide how much sex or violence needs to go into an episode and if it should be gay, straight or otherwise. How do they decide on how much airtime each storyline gets and if their are too many characters?

How about if Pam and Ginger did blogs during the off season and Jessica and maybe even Tommy as well. They could be filmed during the regular taping of the shows, then aired later.

What ideas do you have?
Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

So what would you do if it were up to you? Empty Re: So what would you do if it were up to you?

Post  Fairy March 3rd 2011, 8:31 pm

AB would never do this, but wouldn't it be cool if the main characters blogged their personal feelings about the events in the week's episodes? For example, maybe Eric could try to express his feelings about his feelings concerning Sookie and how uncomfortable they make him; or maybe Sookie could express what thoughts she has about Gran, knowing that she "coupled" with a Fae; or maybe Bill could tell us how difficult it is to be responsible for a baby vampire while trying to sort out the messes in his life.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

So what would you do if it were up to you? Empty Re: So what would you do if it were up to you?

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 4th 2011, 1:38 pm

HBO has done all this really neat stuff before with adverting and teasing...I think the faux pas done by the Chicago Tribute by revealing Lafayette did not die at the end of season one really did the trick with Alan Ball and it has made him turn a hard heart toward the media.

But HBO has a wonderful network for talking to the Fans....There are all of these things we would soooo intersted in and if they could just show us some things that they do regularly, like tell us about how the scripts are written and talk to the writers and how the editors do their thing and how they keep up with continuity of all the characters and talk about the costuming and the special effects, there is enough there to have some sort of new news feature on their web sites or blogs for most of the hiatus...

I don't know, it just seems so selfish to the fans to not speak to us..I mean, we have made it through the Maenad and we have gone through the side stories which often took up air time from the main story and we are still here, champing at the bit...they could at least throw us a bone....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 31st 2011, 7:53 pm

I thought I would wake this up a little bit...

How would you trim back some to the plot lines...how would you conclude some of those side stories? Would you kill off some characters? How would you kill them off?
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy March 31st 2011, 8:09 pm

First of all, I would have had Jessica really strangle the pit bull/Tommy when he bit Hoyt's arm. That would have taken care of the Tommy story, and I understand some of Sam's rental houses are burned down in Season 4, so it would be a good idea to have mom and pop (Joe Lee and Lindy Mickens) go up in smoke with them. Three down. Though I love Rutina, her character Tara is becoming tiresome. She needs to open her little boutique and gradually fade from the scene. She has served her purpose in the story. Sam needs anger management classes to improve his attitude, or I'm calling the pound. One last change: Calvin should have been holding the gun instead of Felton. Then go ahead and bring in the fae (believable ones) to take Crystal out. There, that's a good start.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 31st 2011, 8:27 pm

Please Fairy, don't be shy, tell us how you really feel Rofl
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum