Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker

:: Off Topic :: Books

Go down

The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker Empty The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker

Post  Aslinn Dhan April 11th 2011, 9:41 pm

First off, I want to say that this book is a trilogy and if she stays consistent through out with her meticulous British Victorian style of writing, she will do well. Others have tried to capture the essence of Victorian style English and tempo in Gothic tales but Leana Renee Hieber really gets it. But don't think she languishes in overwrought detail, she simply has the careful and elegant writing style so characteristic of Victorian literature.

This is a real Gothic romance, too. Subtle cliches which might scream at you from the page in other writing is what the story really demands because within the realm of the hallmark signs of a Gothic tale is the kernel of a beautifully crafted supernatural tale that will dazzle the patient reader who really understands what the writer is doing.

The book begins with a gathering of six young people, each endowed with particular gifts. They are told to await a seventh, but with the appearance of the seventh, a great struggle will begin that may consume one or all of them. Flash forward twenty years and you meet these six again and discover that they are sort of supernatural police force, keeping spectral misbehavior down to a tolerable level.

Meet Percy Parker. She is an enigmatic woman with a very unusual physical presence. Like the heroines of all Gothic romances, she is all alone coming from an isolated place coming to a strange and exciting place to study. But her looks are not the only thing that makes her stand out....you will have to read the book to find out.

Give this book a whirl, I think you will enjoy it and I can hardly wait to read the next installment
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down