Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TB writer tells us more about "Fairy Land"

4 posters

Go down

TB writer tells us more about "Fairy Land" Empty TB writer tells us more about "Fairy Land"

Post  raki May 30th 2011, 9:35 pm

**I know its not too spoilery, but just wanted to be safe Shrug

"Many fans have made it very clear that they are not thrilled with the look and atmosphere of Fairy Land. This has not gone unnoticed and True Blood writer Brian Buckner addresses the issue in his commentary on the season 3 DVD.

Bruckner comments on episode 7 together with Anna Paquin and Joe Manganiello. During the hospital scene where Sookie visits Fairy Land he says:

“Let me address one thing and it’s an interesting phenomena on the show because in the age of the internet it’s very easy to find out what your audience thinks about everything. People were sort of unanimously not thrilled with Fairy Land, but I do want to say that this isn’t actually Fairy Land. It’s a hallucinatory dream and it’s what Fairies are presenting about themselves to try to get Sookie to come with them. So think of it as a trap and the real Fairy is going to be something very very different and more sinister. I promise”

Joe Manganiello: “Sinister Fairies?”

Buckner: “Oh yes. Badass.”

Joe: “I didn’t know this was a trap. I thought that all Fairies lived in Lilith Fair or something.”

Source:
www.trueblood-online.com

After watching the last clip that Aslinn posted, with the funky fruit, I began to wonder if something like this would play out. Should be interesting to see and helps explain that photo of AB with the "dark/ evil" looking Fae we saw awhile ago.

TB writer tells us more about "Fairy Land" GW430
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

TB writer tells us more about "Fairy Land" Empty Re: TB writer tells us more about "Fairy Land"

Post  Aslinn Dhan May 30th 2011, 10:10 pm

I think they had the best of intentions about faeryland...they see True Blood as really camp and full of gothic humor and sexy and dark all at the same time with all these metaphors for social identity and racism and tolerance. But the thing I really hate is the faeryland. I liked Charlaine Harris' take on the fae in the world as living among us and sort of hiding in plain site which is part and parcel of this whole urban fantasy thing the Sookie Books and True Blood really is. And I know the show does not want to come off as taking itself too seriously, but this was a real miss for me and I hope they put a quietus on it really soon...It just doesn't play as well as they thought it would.

But the little guy there, he is intriguing and I would think it is a goblin or elf...in light of the fact CH has introed us to elves and we have met goblins before in the person of Mr. Hob in the books...So he would make an interesting and a little scary character..
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

TB writer tells us more about "Fairy Land" Empty Re: TB writer tells us more about "Fairy Land"

Post  Barrister May 31st 2011, 6:21 pm

Yes, I agree, the fairy land sequences are very poorly thought out. There are other ways I am sure to represent the truer nature to the darker world the fae come from than those acid induced visions. Because the show is camp and borderline charicatures, I would say they are very over top and they could cost TB some fans who find it just a little too silly, just as they very nearly did with the Maenad sequences in season two. Season three is still up in the air critically because though the Vampire story was very solid, the fairy scenes were silly and came off that way...TB cannot afford this brand of silliness if they care to keep their audiences....
Barrister
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan May 31st 2011, 7:38 pm

I really hope this is true!!
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down