Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

2 posters

:: Off Topic :: Books

Go down

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Empty Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 5th 2010, 12:23 pm

From the author that brought us Pride Prejudice and Zombies, we have Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

My mom bought me this book, so I thought I would give it a whirl and write a little something about it.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Empty Re: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Post  raki March 5th 2010, 1:51 pm

Can't wait for your review, I really liked Pride Prejudice and Zombies.
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 5th 2010, 6:21 pm

When I opened this book and began reading it, I was riveted, from the first words to the last.

The premise of the story is that the author is given a stack of journals by a Vampire which belonged to Abraham Lincoln. Within the journals, you hear the story of how Lincoln becomes a Vampire hunter after the deaths of his mother and his Great Aunt and Uncle at the hands of a Vampire to whom Lincoln's father owed a matter of $65.

Throughout his life, Lincoln works under the tutledge of Henry, a Vampire himself, who hated what we in the Sookieverse would call backward thinking. Even slavery and the war to end it is well thought out plan to rid the US of backward thinking Vampires who see the slaves as a food source, and thus fight on the side of the Confederates to keep slavery alive.

He meets such characters as Edgar Allan Poe, who is killed by Vampires. His opponent Stephen Douglas, is a Southern Vampire supporter and is killed by Henry and his forward thinking Vampire friends.

There are times that Lincoln is gravely conflicted. When Robert and Tad (his sons) die, Henry offers to turn them Vampire. The end is is a dramatic visitation of a day when Martin Luther King gives his famous "I Have a Dream" speech and two very special guests are there to witness it.

The writer further adjusts Vampire mythos and explains that over time, Vampires adjust themselves somewhat to the sun, that they can survive on a mere sip of blood, and they are strong and fast. Forward thinking Vampires enjoy hunting evil humans and limit their meals to these people.

The book is filled with interesting pictures from history, "doctored" most convincingly to include Vampires and other interesting pairings.

Actual quotes from Lincoln's speeches and real life journals are added and take on new meaning as you read each chapter.

I highly recommend this book, and though we ladies will enjoy it whole heartedly, you fellahs will especially enjoy it.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan September 24th 2011, 1:41 pm

Is there anyone who has not read this book, but would be interested in me making it available to them?
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down