Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 E1 Nothing but the Blood

+3
Butter2
raki
Aslinn Dhan
7 posters

Go down

S2 E1 Nothing but the Blood Empty S2 E1 Nothing but the Blood

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 8th 2010, 3:35 pm

The shocking and brutal murder of Miss Jeanette – Tara’s fake exorcist – has the entire town of Bon Temps reeling, and Tara is reluctant to tell the police she knew the deceased for fear that her ex-alcoholic mother will find out about Miss Jeanette’s deception and relapse. She eventually comes forward and is interrogated and her worst fears are realized when her mother, Lettie Mae, shows up at the police station and is told everything. Tara is eventually released and Maryann has some harsh words for Lettie Mae when she arrives to give Tara a ride.

Meanwhile, Lafayette has been kidnapped and is being held with others – including Royce, one of the rednecks who earlier burned three vampires to death – in a basement somewhere. Sookie and Bill’s relationship is put to the test with Bill’s newly made vampire charge Jessica’s impatient ways, even when Sookie attempts to bond with her.

Jason impresses Steve and Sarah Newlin, the leaders of the Fellowship of the Sun anti-vampire church, at a luncheon and he is offered a place at a leadership retreat, where he will learn to serve God. Sam is troubled by the presence of Maryann and reminisces about their sexual encounter when he was seventeen and stole one hundred thousand dollars from her. He also takes on another young waitress, Daphne.

Tara becomes closer with Eggs, Sookie and Bill are put on even rockier ground when she discovers that he murdered her sexually abusive Uncle Bartlett. He tells her that he did it because he loves her too much to let him get away with what he did to her. Sookie forgives him and the two passionately make love. It is revealed that Eric is the one keeping Lafayette captive and the episode ends with Royce trying to escape and Eric feeding on and killing him, spraying Lafayette with blood.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

S2 E1 Nothing but the Blood Empty Re: S2 E1 Nothing but the Blood

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 15th 2010, 5:42 pm

What I hope is that as we watch the encore we will come in these threads and discuss them a little Very Happy
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 21st 2010, 12:53 pm

I hope you will come up and make observations on the episode and cuss and discuss anything you noticed that you had not seen before. NA check out the thread on the minisodes in the speculations forum
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki March 21st 2010, 12:59 pm

Can't wait to re-discuss S2 cheers
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Butter2 March 21st 2010, 2:27 pm

I cant wait till tonight to start cussing and disscussing Season 2 again!
Butter2
Vampire
Vampire

http://www.myspace.com/xobutterfliesox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetAndWild March 21st 2010, 9:07 pm

Hope everyone caught the season 3 clip!! Our BV looked FINE!
SweetAndWild
SweetAndWild
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 21st 2010, 9:11 pm

It wasn't Eric guys, this guy was heavily tattooed. I think he might have been the biker sent to kidnap Sookie
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet March 21st 2010, 9:53 pm

Or it could be Eric in some sort of disguise.

I don't think HBO would give us a teaser clip of a character we weren't familiar with yet.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy March 21st 2010, 11:13 pm

I may not be a Stephen girl but I remember when I first saw this episode and saying Bill looks really good in this one.

I also think in this episode we can really see how Sookie struggles with her "gift". She had to try really hard at the beginning of the episode to block everyone out at the bar. Through the whole episode I caught myself sympathizing with Sookie. She was cleaning gran's room, she was angry with Bill about the whole Jessica situation and the Uncle Bartlett situation.

But my favorite part was when we saw the BV at the end, that was one of the best entrances ever, besides the first time saw Bill of course.
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki March 21st 2010, 11:51 pm

Aslinn Dhan wrote:It wasn't Eric guys, this guy was heavily tattooed. I think he might have been the biker sent to kidnap Sookie

I agree, but the guy in the leather jacket with a white tee (with some blood splatters) is our BV, there is no denying that. As for long haired tattoo dude I posted my speculation on the other thread, which I'm confident in as well Razz

I agree Linzy, Bill was great!
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 23rd 2010, 10:33 am

So, I sat down and took some time to think about episode one season two. I think with the excitement of the little teaser, I sort of forgot about the epi.

Considering that we have of course seen the season and we know what is going to happen, it is tough to speculate.

This epi is full of really serious stuff but it is also full of funny stuff. I love it when Sookie is confronted with Jessica the first time. The mixture of shock for Sookie and Bill's mortification touches something perverse inside me that enjoys the teen angst of Jessica when she enjoys the thought she looks like a slattern, comes tripping out of the shower while Bill and Sookie are in a passionate clinch and announces "Eww, Old!!" when Sookie asks Bill if he had sex with her. Of course age was not a consideration when she offered to sit in Eric's lap ("Ewww, Really Old!!!") but then Bill is her "dad" and who really sees their dad as anything but old.

Then there is the hapless Jason, who can't read unless his lips are moving, who is easily led, and of course supposedly mourning Amy Burley.

Maryann is of course horribly funny when she slaps the dog shiatsu out of KKKKKKKarl!!!! and says "No one wanted towels!!!!!"

And Andy Bellefleur, he is just so unlucky. There is a part of me that likes him as comic relief this season as he stumbles around drunkenly trying to solve a murder and vindicate himself as a detective, but there is a part of me that misses that hateful Andy of the books. True, his character is meant to play second banana to Jason this season, but still, I do miss him.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueBell March 25th 2010, 3:28 pm

It was a powerful season opener for all the residents of Bon Temps.
I loved Bill and Sookies declaration of love to one another. Bills heart was on his sleeve and he wants to make atonement for any transgressions. Gotto love a man for that....
Then of course their make up sex was fierce and so wonderfully hot!!

Taras scream of pure terror at seeing Miss Jeanette was incredible! So sad she gets sucked in to the MA madness.

Of course we have the BV! He is such a bad boy, never lets anything get in the way of a good day at the Pam Spa!! LOL. He was amazing. He has that nonchalant charm that is ro much fun!

I always wondered though why it was only Royce that was singled out of the redneck threesome????

Poor Sam. He is usually so sweet and good, MA is really getting under his skin at this point. If for anything else, she brought the "Alpha" out in him!!! That can only be a good thing.

Can't wait for next week!
BlueBell
BlueBell
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 25th 2010, 3:31 pm

I guess because he was the leader. Eric figured why mess around with the other rednecks when he could get his hands on the red neckiest
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueBell March 25th 2010, 3:50 pm

To be honest Aslinn, I would think that eventually Eric would have gotten to them all. He does not seem the sort to let the others slide, especially the one with the burned arm......a sure sign of involvment.

Jason got off only because of who he was otherwise I think there would have been a neck chain with his name on it in the vampire dungeon of doom.
BlueBell
BlueBell
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down