Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 E10 New World in my View

2 posters

Go down

S2 E10 New World in my View Empty S2 E10 New World in my View

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 8th 2010, 4:34 pm

Sookie consoles Eric for the loss of Godric, which leads to the two becoming intimate. This turns out to be a dream which is the result of her having drank Eric's blood. Sookie, Bill and Jason return to Bon Temps to find the town in chaos.

They return to Bill's house to find Hoyt and Jessica tending to Maxine, who is under the effects of Maryann's power. Sam is hiding out with Andy Bellefleur, but he is tricked into coming to Merlotte's via a desperate call from Arlene. Once there, the townsfolk trap both of them in the walk-in fridge. Jason arrives at Merlotte's armed with power tools, and convinces all the citizens to leave by threatening to take Arlene hostage and shoot a nail-gun into her head. Jason goes to help Sam, but the townsfolk quickly recognize his deception and return to try to recapture Sam. Jason, wearing a gas mask, pretends to be the God Who Comes, while Andy holds up a tree branch to give him the appearance that he has horns. He pretends to smite Sam (who turns into a fly – seemingly vanishing). This seems to satisfy everyone and they all leave Merlotte's. Sam re-appears, and Jason and Andy are stunned at what happened.

Meanwhile, Bill and Sookie go to Sookie's house to find Maryann, who attacks Sookie. Sookie learns that Maryann is the creature who attacked her in the woods. Bill attempts to bite Maryann but finds her blood is toxic to him. Maryann seems intrigued with Sookie, who puts her hand off to push Maryann away, and finds that a burst of light shines from her hand, knocking Maryann backwards. Sookie and Bill flee while Maryann gleefully ponders what Sookie is. They go to Lafayette's and see Tara is still under Maryanne's spell. Together, Bill and Sookie use a combination of his glamour and her telepathy to break the spell over Tara.

Tara expresses her desire to go rescue Eggs but her family prevents her from leaving. Bill recalls reading about Maenads and their worshipping of the God Dionysis many years ago and understands that Maryann is one. He goes to seek the vampire Queen of Louisiana, the one person who might know how to destroy Maryann, but when he arrives he finds a bloody foot dangling from the throne. Meanwhile, Maxine continues to insult both Jessica and Hoyt, until Jessica's anger gets the better of her and she begins to feed on Maxine.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

S2 E10 New World in my View Empty Re: S2 E10 New World in my View

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 9th 2010, 5:22 pm

So one of things I think we will definitely see more of is the issue of what Sookie did to Maryann when when she attacked her. Is it her fae self coming out more, or is it Eric's blood or is it a combination of both?
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy February 18th 2010, 12:32 pm

I think you're right Aslinn. Sookie reportedly will search for answers about her real, non-human heritage. That is sure to bring surprises to everyone, mostly Sookie.

But one thing still bothers me from the opening scene of this episode. Sookis is shown walking to Eric's room, where she comforts him, and then one thing leads to another. Fine so far, but when she wakes up from the "dream" and she is in the vehicle with Jason and the two travel coffins, it makes me wonder if she is actually dreaming or if she is really reliving a memory.

It would be in Sookie's nature to find Eric and comfort him after witnessing Godric's meeting the sun. What seems unrealistic to me is that after witnessing such an event, Sookie would go back to her room, pack her bags and carry on as if nothing had happened. She had already taken Eric's blood, so she must have been aware of his torment. After all, she had witnessed it first hand on the roof. Sookie would have gone to any of her other friends to comfort them in their disparity. Why not Eric?

A little voice keeps telling me that it was not a dream but a memory. Maybe she did go to Eric to comfort him, and maybe one thing did lead to another. Maybe things stopped after the bite. Eric's powerful blood could have sealed the bite almost instantly, and by the time she returned to her room, Bill would have been in his travel coffin because of the daylight. But AB left out all of that. He gave us no information about what happened immediately after Sookie returned from the roof. Hmm... details were suspiciously absent.

Just sayin'.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 18th 2010, 1:31 pm

Well, I don't think it was a bad thing if it was a dream, it shows two things, Sookie's growing interest in Eric and the powerful; nature of his blood and the oncoming triangle. I mean, if it was just a dream, she is dreaming of someone else in an intensely emotional and passionate moment while transporting her lover home. Even Bill's sleeping presence could not keep Eric from intruding on her thoughts.

Which is indicative of the up coming struggle for the three: Bill to keep Sookie as his lover, Eric to win her eventually, and Sookie's torn emotions between the two and the antagonism between Eric and Bill.

And Bill is torn about Eric. He owes Eric his fealty, his loyalty as his sheriff. And he has a level of gratitude for saving Sookie's life, twice: by getting help when Sookie was attacked by the maenad and by shielding her during the bombing.

So, even if it was a dream, it sends Sookie a powerful message when she thinks about the complicated relationship with both men and the trying days to come. As she struggles with her anger and hurt from Bill, she is being simultaneously wooed by Eric's blood.

As the saying goes, he is "In like Flynn"
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy February 18th 2010, 5:43 pm

I'm not saying I think it was poor writing on AB's part, rather I think it may have been intentional. Maybe he wants us to think it was a dream, only to surprise us later. Who knows?
Shrug
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan May 23rd 2010, 12:56 pm

Give this epi and look and tell me what you think...
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down