Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Dagger Brotherhood

+6
Val
Only1JenB
Renee
GodSpeed
Aslinn Dhan
SugarMags
10 posters

:: Off Topic :: Books

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Black Dagger Brotherhood Empty Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post  SugarMags February 8th 2010, 7:08 pm

OK, ladies, time to get this one going again.....

Move on to Lover Avenged?
SugarMags
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Black Dagger Brotherhood Empty Re: Black Dagger Brotherhood

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 8th 2010, 7:11 pm

I'm glad to see you ladies back at it
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  GodSpeed February 8th 2010, 7:13 pm

Jen will be so pleased.
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

https://truebloodcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee February 8th 2010, 8:10 pm

Yes! Enough lollygagging around! Bring on Zsadist!!

Renee
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB February 8th 2010, 10:20 pm

OK...my report is on my dead computer so give me a couple of days to write a new one. I work Wednesday and Thursday so maybe this weekend? Sound good?
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee February 8th 2010, 11:33 pm

Whenever you're ready. We're waiting

Renee
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags February 9th 2010, 11:54 am

Renee wrote:Yes! Enough lollygagging around! Bring on Zsadist!!

Renee

**snort** "lollygagging".

Anytime this weekend works for me.

Should the report be posted here, and then we can move onto the chatroom? Live chat is always much more fun!
SugarMags
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee February 9th 2010, 11:57 am

I like that idea Sugar. What say everyone else?

Renee
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Val February 9th 2010, 5:57 pm

Sounds good to me!

Report here and chat in the room - great idea.
Val
Val
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB February 9th 2010, 6:11 pm

Sounds good to me...
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy February 10th 2010, 1:22 am

Hey girls. I'm a new convert to the series. I just finished Lover Revealed and I am hooked!
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags February 10th 2010, 10:47 am

You must join us for our chat! I'm so excited for the next meeting!

So, the next question is when? Any evening of the weekend works for me...
SugarMags
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags February 10th 2010, 7:24 pm

Thought about it...

I suppose it'll have to be either Friday or Sunday, if we are to use the chat room...

What works for everyone?
SugarMags
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy February 10th 2010, 9:08 pm

How about Sunday? Any time really is okay, but I'm worn out on Friday's.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags February 10th 2010, 9:39 pm

Fairy wrote:How about Sunday? Any time really is okay, but I'm worn out on Friday's.

So Sunday, ladies? 8:00 or 9:00 p.m. est?
SugarMags
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB February 11th 2010, 8:34 am

Sunday at 9 works for me. I will have the report done by friday and posted on here.
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee February 11th 2010, 9:01 am

Fantastic! I'm so looking forward to it!

Renee
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy February 11th 2010, 8:07 pm

I can't wait to read your report Jen. I am so in love with this series. I just started Bk 5.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags February 12th 2010, 10:12 am

Holy shoot, Fairy!! You're just flying through this series, aren't you!!
SugarMags
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee February 12th 2010, 10:26 am

I've got to admit I tore through them as fast as Chapters could deliver them. With much snarling and gnashing of teeth whenever one was delayed.

Renee
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags February 12th 2010, 11:29 am

Renee wrote:I've got to admit I tore through them as fast as Chapters could deliver them. With much snarling and gnashing of teeth whenever one was delayed.

Renee

Ugh. I agree with you on the Chapters thing... If you got the free delivery, it took FOREVER.

Kinda why I got the Kindle. Instant gratification. Unfortunately, it also means I have to practice more self-control!
SugarMags
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB February 12th 2010, 6:38 pm

Ok girls, this is slapped together and so not as good as the other reports but you can get the general flow of the book. Enjoy!

Lover Awakened

The 3rd installment of The Black Dagger Brotherhood is Lover Awakened by JR Ward. The Black Dagger Brotherhood are the protectors of the vampire race created by the Scribe Virgin. They are the only hope for survival for vampire civilians against their enemy The Lessers. The Lessers were once human but have been changed to a baby powder smelling, no eating, drinking, hanky-pankiing, no heart shell of a killer. In Caldwell, NY, their battle rages on as we experience the story of Zhadist and Bella.

Zhadist, the twin of Phury, has his demons. He was taken from his family as a young child and then after his transition became a blood slave. He is known as the unpredictable one, the killer, however, we find his more gentle side in the book because of Bella. Bella, sister of Rehvenge, is from an aristocratic bloodline and falls head over heels for Zadist when she meets him at the Brotherhood mansion in Rhage's story. Z is resistant to advances from Bella at the beginning but finds himself thinking of her. When she is abducted by the Lessers, he becomes overwhelmed by the thought of her. He goes to her house, wears her necklace and refuses to think she has been murdered. Even without any leads or information on where she is, he refuses to give up. He brutally kills lesser after lesser after interogating them on her whereabouts.

Then Vishous receives information on her where abouts. A civilian escaped and saw and talked to Bella. She is alive, barely, and being kept in a building in a rural part of Caldwell. He says she has to call the Lesser, Mr. O, "David" and he calls her "wife". V hears this gets a map of her location and tells the other Brothers. At the exact time of sun down, Z flashes close to the compound and starts looking. After the other Brothers arrive and they disarm the house, he finds her, saves her and takes her back to the compound to his room to heal.

During this time, Bella senses him, hears him, knows it is him that saves her but after the trauma of her being with the Lesser, wakes up to Phury trying to calm her down. She asks for Zhadist but told she can not go to him. After staying in her allotted room she finds she can not rest without him. She goes in search of Zhadist. She finds him in his room and he tells her to leave. She can't, she is drawn to him and he knows he can not make her leave. They end up sleeping, really sleeping, in his bed with her under the covers slathered to his side while he is above the covers, on the edge of the bed about to fall off. He craves her but can't take the touch of another because of what happened to him in his time as a blood slave.

We have several glimpses into his time as a blood slave. He is used for blood and sex by his mistress. He is branded as a blood slave by special bands around the neck and wrists. He is resistant to touch and never feeds from his own kind because of what he went through. He has also never had another at his vein since. He has never fed in passion, or felt passion. He has only seen the perverse side of sex and feeding. Now, as a brother, he is not under her or anyone else. He thinks his blood and body is corrupt, dirty and will hurt whoever feeds or touches him. So when Bella tells him that she must feed, he bolts. After her refusing another's vein he is reluctant but feeds her. This is another trauma in itself because he feels like this will kill her, dirty her.

As their time continues in the house, they share time together, become closer, she gives him his first kiss and he starts feeling that pull. The word "Mine" starts entering his mind even though he tries to refuse the bonding is happening. Then her needing time hits.

During a female vampire's needing time or fertile time, the only thing that can ease them is the male and sex, lots of it. The hormones are so strong that males have been know to kill each other to eliminate other males the opportunity to be with the female. Bella's time hits while she is in Zhadist's bed and everyone is at dinner. The male's feel the pulsing of her hormones and needing. They look at Zhadist and tell him that he must serve her. After going in there and seeing that her pain only worsens as he approaches her he leaves her. Going to Phury's room he finds V and Phury toking on red smoke and some strong Vodka. When V and Phury discover that he has not served her, V sees it is time for a wake up call. He stands up and tells Z that 'sok, he will serve her. After being slammed on the floor faster than you can blink, V looks up at Z and tells him that his path to salvation is waiting for him.

After the mating and Bella's needing is over Z fights the bonding that he knows has taken place. In one part that crosses the line with Bella and Z is when she begs him to come to her vein because he is too "weak" to fight, he leaves in a storm. When she finds him he is outside ZeroSum with a human and feeds from her in front of Bella. Bella dematerializes. She goes to family in Charleston to get away from him.

After a few months she returns to tell him she is having his young. She finds that he has been feeding from another female vampire, on of the Chosen that Rhage uses, and that he is learning to read. While talking he gives her a small piece of paper that simply says, "I love you". Those 3 words brought him his salvation. They celebrate with the other brothers knowing that they will be mated and she will be having his young.

This book is my favorite because Z and Bella's connection feels so intense. Also his transformation seems to be the most drastic up to this point. The best part of the book to me would be a tie between the first half and the second half. Really I can't think of a part that I don't like. After reading it a few times I sort of skip the mistress flashbacks because it is gruesome and I already knows what happens. I also find myself skipping the Lessers parts after I have read it through once.

Like the previous installments of BDBH, this leaves you wanting more. In the next book we will still have visits from my favorite, Z, but delve into Butch and Marissa. Until next time!! [center][left]
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy February 13th 2010, 11:57 am

Zsadist is one of my favorite characters in the books. He is truly a tormented vampire, at least until he meets and falls in love with Bella. I agree that his transformation is the greatest so far. His new life with Bella and the love he allows himself to feel reminds me of another big, bad vampire.

And oh, poor Phury.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy February 13th 2010, 12:05 pm

SugarMags wrote:Holy shoot, Fairy!! You're just flying through this series, aren't you!!

Yes, and I love them. I'm just about to start Bk 5. We are out of school this week, so I should have time by the end of the week to finish it. I want to know what has happened to Thor. I don't know if we get any info on him in Bk 5.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags February 13th 2010, 6:11 pm

Great Report, Jen!! Now, Sunday night can't come quickly enough. Thank goodness it's a holiday here on Monday - I can stay up extra late!! :)
SugarMags
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next