Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Gone With the Wind

3 posters

:: Off Topic :: Books

Go down

Gone With the Wind Empty Gone With the Wind

Post  TiffTiff February 8th 2010, 11:02 pm

I would love to have a discussion for this book. It just so happens to be my favorite book of all time, so let's try to keep this alive! Very Happy
    TiffTiff
    Fledgling
    Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Gone With the Wind Empty Re: Gone With the Wind

Post  Violet February 10th 2010, 1:44 am

I finished reading it about a month ago. I absolutely loved it. I thought I had ruined it because I had seen the movie a million times before I read the book. Nope, obviously the book goes into so much more. I didn't know that it wasn't all in Scarlett's perspective so I very much liked that.

Some of my favorite scenes were with Scarlett and Melanie. Melanie would have just done something wonderful and selfless and Scarlett would think to herself that she wished Melanie would just die. Then regret (sometimes) that she just thought that.

I also (obviously) loved the scenes between Rhett and Scarlett. "Were you ever really married, Scarlett?" "Of course, how do you think I got my boy?" "Oh, there are other ways."

I was in New Orleans recently and maybe you know that there's a house that's a replica of Tara. The lady of the house was a big fan and her husband had the house built for her. Clark Gable heard about this and had to visit the home. He rings the doorbell and says, "Excuse me, but I do believe you're in my house." The woman responds, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

Okay, I doubt that conversation really happened that way, but it's what someone told me. Clark Gable really did visit the home because there's supposed to be a picture of the two of them together in the house.

I would never kick the Rhett Buttler out of my home.
    Violet
    Violet
    Vampire
    Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff February 10th 2010, 4:26 pm

I did not see the movie until I finished the book and that was very recent. Scarlett was just such a B****! She was spoiled and selfish, but she also had a quality that I admired. I wanted to hate her throughout the book, but I felt sorry for her. She was strong and even if she had the wrong motivations, she kept to her promises. And the book definitely reminds me of the Sookie books in so many ways.

That is so cool about the house! I want to see that!

And that is all I have to say for now Very Happy
    TiffTiff
    Fledgling
    Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan April 14th 2010, 4:40 pm

Hey girls, just spotted this thread.

I did a comparison of the Sookie Books/True Blood and Gone With the Wind in the show thread

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would love to hear more form you guys and see if we can't add to the little essay I have started.....
    Aslinn Dhan
    Maker
    Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down