Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS: The Sookie Books

+2
FaerieMusk
Aslinn Dhan
6 posters

:: Off Topic :: Books

Go down

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS: The Sookie Books Empty MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS: The Sookie Books

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 8th 2010, 2:36 pm

Chat about our fave author
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS: The Sookie Books Empty Re: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS: The Sookie Books

Post  FaerieMusk February 9th 2010, 7:34 pm

Have you guys read the 1st chapter of her book coming out in May? It's on her website. I cannot wait for it to come out.
FaerieMusk
FaerieMusk
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS: The Sookie Books Empty Re: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS: The Sookie Books

Post  Linzy February 11th 2010, 2:47 am

I have read that chapter so many times!
I have it ordered on Amazon.
I am really sad that Amelia is leaving, she is such a great friend to Sookie.
And she finally said she loves Eric, finally!
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff February 11th 2010, 4:05 pm

Linzy wrote:I have read that chapter so many times!
I have it ordered on Amazon.
I am really sad that Amelia is leaving, she is such a great friend to Sookie.
And she finally said she loves Eric, finally!

I need to order it on Amazon, but I worry about her finally saying she loves Eric. All does not seem well between the two and it is just too good to be true. I like Eric better than Bill for now though.
TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy February 11th 2010, 8:06 pm

I was excited to read that Sookie loves Eric, but she has some healing to take care of before she can come to terms with that relationship. And poor Bill... what is in store for him?

Can't wait for the book!
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  FaerieMusk February 15th 2010, 6:18 pm

I was kind of bummed that the sex was kind of meh. I understand why but I hope that isn't setting the tone for her overall feeling towards Eric since the fairy debacle. Sookie seems to be having some new thoughts and feelings with regard to her humanity. It sounds like Sookie's humanity is more precious than ever. I wonder if that will be Sookie's new journey of discovery and if so, I wonder how her Vampy men will handle it.
FaerieMusk
FaerieMusk
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 15th 2010, 6:21 pm

I think it has very little to do with Eric, I think it has everything to do with what happened to her when she was being tortured. A few of us believe that thing one and thing two actually raped her in some way during the torture sessions they had with her.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 15th 2010, 6:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And here is a really eye opening article/interview CH did and may help us to gain some insight as why she writes her Sookie character and perhaps the male characters the way she does.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  FaerieMusk February 15th 2010, 8:16 pm

Darn...I can't open the second article. I'll have to try from home. Thanks for sharing these! And thanks for sharing your perspective. I too think that her feelings towards the sex are very valid and are a direct result from the trauma she experienced. I also realize that because she cannot really go anywhere with those feelings that they may result in some dysfunction with Eric. That isn't because of Eric, but it may manifest itself in their sexual relationship and beyond. I hope that Eric can be patient and that she'll stop going through the motions. She obviously needs time and space to heal.
FaerieMusk
FaerieMusk
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan February 15th 2010, 8:35 pm

Great articles Aslinn, they were new to me. Very interesting reads. I would be more concerned if Sookie went on like nothing happened at all.
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  FaerieMusk February 16th 2010, 2:18 pm

westexan wrote:Great articles Aslinn, they were new to me. Very interesting reads. I would be more concerned if Sookie went on like nothing happened at all.

That's exactly why I am kind of concerned for her. I love how our interpretations of the same material can be so different. It makes me want to read the books over again everytime I read a different opinion! When I read the first chapter of the new book I felt like Sookie was admitting that she is going on as if nothing happened. She's having sex with Eric even though it doesn't please her. I guess if I were to restate my initial opinion to make sense...I would say that I'm bummed that the sex was meh because she's obviously not emotionally ready to have sex. She's not in a good place. But, it seems like she is aware of this so hopefully it's not something that she will continue partaking in if it's not good for her spirit.
FaerieMusk
FaerieMusk
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy March 15th 2010, 9:00 pm

Dead in the Family - **Spoiler**

Found this today, thought you all might enjoy it.

Still reeling from the deaths of her fairy cousin, Claudine, and many others in 2009's Dead and Gone, Sookie Stackhouse struggles with paranormal politics in her entertaining if slow-moving 10th outing. When Claudine's triplet, Claude, appears at her doorstep, Sookie reluctantly allows him to move in. The government threatens two-natures with mandatory registration, and tensions run high in the local Were pack. Then Eric's maker, a Roman named Appius Livius Ocella, arrives without warning, bringing along Alexei Romanov, whom he rescued from the Bolsheviks and turned into a vampire. Though the action often builds too slowly, the exploration of family in its many human and undead variations is intriguing, and Harris delivers her usual mix of eccentric characters and engaging subplots.
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 15th 2010, 11:03 pm

Sounds very interesting....I will be excited to read more
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down