Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books v Show....

2 posters

Go down

Books v Show.... Empty Books v Show....

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 31st 2011, 11:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Books v Show.... Empty Re: Books v Show....

Post  Lina July 31st 2011, 12:36 pm

I firmly believe the person who wrote that article is high on lunacy.

The novels brought the foundational matter to play; the aspect of viable, synthetic blood for vamps, the integration of their kind into society...but let's get real. It was AB's approach and maestro wand that lured the blah blah first person story of an annoying whore who screws a different breed a week, into a meaty television series. Harris' novels make me wince for the most part, they start off strong, have Sookie using men like tissue, upholding a false bravado and a really weak ending. I've read 9 or 10 of the books and each time, I feel the book could be cut in half. Bill, Eric, and Alcide start strong in the books, makes me wonder if Quinn will be introduced...but he too starts strong. Then I start seeing this pattern, that the real vampire is Sookie as she drains the masculinity from these guys and moves to the next.

Sorry, but that's how I feel. Once the series came into play, I was hooked like a hooka on crack and have been ever since. Look at what he did with LaFayette! The fact this article idiot didn't give 100000 points to AB for that, is sinful. AB played Franklin in remarkably well, a better introduction than by Harris. I'm sorry but overall he took the foundation and added his AB spin.
Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 31st 2011, 1:25 pm

I agree totally with you...She does castrate the men in her books and it is a sad thing too....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down