Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Demand Better Vampires

+2
Renee
Aslinn Dhan
6 posters

Go down

I Demand Better Vampires Empty I Demand Better Vampires

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 24th 2010, 12:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One person's opinions on the revamping of the Vampire story.

What think ye?
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

I Demand Better Vampires Empty Re: I Demand Better Vampires

Post  Renee March 24th 2010, 1:52 pm

I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the coffin this morning and needs to find her attitude button and give it a major adjustment.

Just my very humble opinion.

Renee
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy March 24th 2010, 4:50 pm

I agree Renee. It seems that this person has forgotten that mythical vampire creatures are subject to the whim of the writer who creates the story. There are no rules when it comes to creating a vampire character. What reader will fall in love with an old, cantankerous, ugly, and morally unredeemable vampire? Publishers and produces can't sell a character like that. These are the vampires readers and viewers love to hate and see meet an untimely death. The old stereotypical vampire needs a youthful, handsome/beautiful and partially moral antagonist we can root for! This article's author obviously has never met Eric, Bill, Pam, or Jessica!

Viva la TB vampires! cheers cheers cheers
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan March 24th 2010, 6:10 pm

This article sort of goes with the Vampire Purist article on page two.

One of the things that makes Vampires still interesting after 4 or 5 thousand years of story telling is that the mythology is still alive because it continues to evolve. I think the reason there are people who are still purists and are holding on to those Victorian Vampire Stereotypes, which by the way are only about as old as Bill Compton, is that they still want to be afraid of things. They want the Vampire to remain in the shadows and be captive to mainly Judeo-Christian influence.

Truth is, the mythology of the Vampire, if you have been following the mythology thread, is very elastic and carries the hallmark of the culture a particular version of the myth is based on. Not all Vampires are allergic to the sun, not all are effected by silver, not all are effected by religious objects. And not all Vampires are gruesome batlike corpses. Even the devil, we are told, can take a pleasing shape.

But the main thing I think we don't like is that the Vampire is us. They look like us, they can behave like us, they hide in plain sight. I personally have met people who's only difference between them and Vampires is the fangs. They reflect our own savagery and that is why some people do not like Bill, Eric, Pam, Edward (yech). They are us, and we....are them.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aolani March 27th 2010, 1:43 pm

I guess I read that article with my humor hat on because I thought it was the funniest thing I read all day, LOL!
Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina March 27th 2010, 2:40 pm

Yeah, came across like the ramblings of a 16 year old girl who wanted to step from the crowd. I thought it was funny, kind of ridiculous and over the top.
Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaTypeA+ March 28th 2010, 2:35 pm

I agree... I laughed. How can you not giggle at the mental picture of a were-pony?
NevadaTypeA+
NevadaTypeA+
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down