Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun

+14
westexan
Damien
Aolani
Barrister
Violet
Aslinn Dhan
SweetAndWild
Lina
FangBanger
Linzy
raki
Renee
Only1JenB
GodSpeed
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun Empty Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun

Post  GodSpeed May 12th 2010, 5:03 pm

Thread will open 1 hour before episode airs.

Sookie and Bill break up in the hospital. Sophie-Anne moves into Russell's mansion. Bill releases Jessica as her maker, but she refuses to leave him. Alcide returns to Mississippi because Debbie has burned down his sister Janice's salon. Lafayette's mother escapes from the psychiatric institution and pays Lafayette a visit; Jesús comes looking for her and reignites his relationship with Lafayette. Arlene hires Holly to be the new waitress at Merlotte's. Tommy makes trouble at Merlotte's. Crystal goes to Jason's house to seek refuge from her relatives. Hadley, acting on Eric's orders, warns Sookie that Russell and the werewolves are coming for her and that she should not trust Bill. Jason warns Crystal's father to stay away from her. Debbie and two werewolves go to Sookie's house to kill her. Bill and Jessica arrive to protect her. Eric stakes Talbot, drawing Russell back to Jackson and saving Bill and Sookie. Bill and Sookie have passionate make-up sex.
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

https://truebloodcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun Empty Re: Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun

Post  GodSpeed August 8th 2010, 8:01 pm

One hour to go...topic now open.
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB August 8th 2010, 8:05 pm

Can't wait....can't wait....can't wait!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Viking
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee August 8th 2010, 8:13 pm

Oh Hell Yes!!!!

Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun Party0010 Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun Party0033

Renee
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  raki August 8th 2010, 11:10 pm

A few thoughts after my first viewing....

Apparently, having hot angry sex with your girlfriend who you just broke up with, is SO much more important than checking to see if you child is okay. Not Cool Beeel. I'm sorry but I'm kinda pissed at him for being a crappy maker, I know somethings are out of his control and thats made it difficult. But come on already. As it was mentioned in the chatbox tonight ( I think by Fairy) they both need each other, and I hope Bill would see that. However it was great seeing them comfort each other and the training. Lets hope this is a step in the right direction for them.

Jason you dumb ass, I'm pretty sure you just gave Calvin and the boys a trail right back to your place. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, I'm not trusting Crystal yet. I know this whole storyline has seem slow and a bit of a waste, I'm also upset with the extra whiskey tango AB has given the Hot Shot community. But I still hope we get to see some panthers this season, and that this really pays off for something cool even if its a cliffhanger for S4.

No Pam tonight...bummer.

Eric, I could watch you unbutton shirts for days. OH MY VIKING! I could care less that it was with Talbot of all people, that was HOT. What a way to go, I'll miss Talbot but its good to see Eric get some revenge. It is a bit scary to think of what Russell will do, I hope Eric has a plan... I'm sure he does.

Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun Tumblr_l6v7c7lrEy1qa2ovmo1_r1_500
Viking

Ok I need to watch this episode again! But over all I thought it was great... this show just keeps getting better! cheers
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB August 8th 2010, 11:40 pm

I was so NOT digging the m/m scene with Eric and Talbot. I did not think it was hot and it did NOT turn me on in the least. I thought...Oh no...not my Viking but lo and behold...MY BV was rubbing his naked perfection up against another dude. Can't do it. It has nothing to do with gay rights and blah blah blah...but my preference and my preference is NOT what they gave us tonight.

Bill did sort of skirt his maker duty and I was sort of shocked about that because I thought they HAD to help their prodigy. I don't think that him "releasing" her frees him of any responsibility towards her.

Jason...poor, stupid Jason...the things he gets himself into.

Now....HEYZEUS and Lafayette was sweet together.

As far as Debbie...I would have blown her M F'ing brains out. PERIOD! Call me a cunt and get away with it...I don't think so SISTA!!! LOL

Overall...the plot thickens and I am still hooked!
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  raki August 8th 2010, 11:57 pm

Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun Tumblr_l6v91v45Un1qc9nhvo1_500
Hug her back Bill! Mad

Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun Tumblr_l6v9gq0WWA1qc9nhvo1_400

I'm still a bit pissy over the whole releasing moment...
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki August 9th 2010, 1:21 am

Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun Tumblr_l6vdcqn3vG1qzmkxio1_500

Did anyone else think this? Razz
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy August 9th 2010, 1:40 am

Oh my goodness!

I so agree agree with you in all counts Raki. This was a very emotional episode.

Jason, what an idiot! But, he doesn't know what they are so, I can understand what he was trying to do.

Seriously, the the Bill and Sookie sex, seriously. They don't even bother securing the house or checking to see if Jessica is alright. I would have killed Debbie immediately too. Once again thus proving Suckie is not too bright.

I still think there is something other worldly to Jesus.

I could watch the Viking unbutton a shirt any day too. Eric has waited a long time for his revenge, and I for one am glad my Viking was able to get it tonight. He is so beautiful!

Last edited by Linzy on August 9th 2010, 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB August 9th 2010, 1:46 am

raki wrote:Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun Tumblr_l6vdcqn3vG1qzmkxio1_500

Did anyone else think this? Razz

ROFL!!
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  FangBanger August 9th 2010, 2:53 am

raki wrote:A few thoughts after my first viewing....

Apparently, having hot angry sex with your girlfriend who you just broke up with, is SO much more important than checking to see if you child is okay. Not Cool Beeel. I'm sorry but I'm kinda pissed at him for being a crappy maker, I know somethings are out of his control and thats made it difficult. But come on already. As it was mentioned in the chatbox tonight ( I think by Fairy) they both need each other, and I hope Bill would see that. However it was great seeing them comfort each other and the training. Lets hope this is a step in the right direction for them.

I think bill would have felt if anything was wrong with jessica... seeing that of course he wasnt in Mississippi any more... I am sure that if she was in immediate danger he would have come... but i was happpy to see bill and sookie bumping pretties.....
FangBanger
Tea-Cup
Tea-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina August 9th 2010, 5:17 am

I laughed, gasped and adored this episode!!!

I was salivating over our BV slowly bringing the shirt and house down. Talbot or not, he was freaking smokin! The kiss to Talbot's tummy just made me LOL though but I saw his purpose from the moment he told Edgington he would keep him company. Go Eric! Damn his body in the firelight was perfection.

It frightens me what becomes of our Viking with Nan coming in and Edgington breathing down his throat soon. I guess hence setting the scene for possible witches in S4.....

Speaking of witches, everyone hear LaFayette's momma? She was a minor wealth of info! Witches are a'coming! LaFayette is also powerful, something, I think some of us knew, this is going to be pretty damn interesting and may explain Eric's interest in him.

Jessica will be ok, she went to heal. I loved her fighting spirit and thoroughly enjoyed the exchange between her and Bill. He's frightened of what trouble he may bring her, but in the end, I think, he's afraid he'll be like Lorena and is trying to save Jessica. Bill reminded me why I liked him so in S1. He was more passionate....and sorry but the make-up sex was pretty hot LOL Jessica was healing in her own way by finishing that were and I agree that Bill would have sensed his child in pain. I still am on the fence slightly with Bill. Hadley's warning may be correct.

Tara was great, seriously. Her crazy dream, her comfort from LaFayette, she's becoming a favorite. Keep it up Tara!

Jason, oh Jason. You silly human. I hate those sonofabitches too, did you see what he spit on Sam's floor?! In the end, he'll be okay but boy oh boy he has no idea...

Speaking of Merlotte's...LOL @ Tommy confronting Hoyt. That exchange was classic. Let's hope Tommy stays away from that flea bitten mother and father of his too. That's not the last we've seen of them.

Poor Arlene...that was a freaky dream! Poor Terry he'll make a great father but this kid is going to prove to be interesting as well. So much, so much.

Talbot....goodbye! I will miss you! You were a riot and your off camera colorful commentary as you stomped the stairs will be missed Sad

Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetAndWild August 9th 2010, 8:50 am

I agree with what most of you said, the episode was fantastic!!!

I dont even know where to begin...

Poor Jason, he has no idea what he's getting himself into...I dont trust Crystal at all...though I didnt trust her in the books either so I suppose that is appropriate. I'm a little bummed with what they've done with Calvin. I was hoping he'd be a little more noble and a little less trashy like he is in the books but oh well.

Lafayette.... I wish I had my own Lafayette, he's just so fabulous all around. I agree with Jesus being something very different, and I have yet to decide how I feel about him.

I may be the only one, but when Sookie and Alcide were saying their goodbyes I was soo rooting for them to kiss....

I loved them reunion with Hadley, I'm really glad that Sookie got to see that she was alright...well for the most part.

I loved the training with Bill and Jessica, but I'm annoyed with Bill and his crappy maker skills. Bill and Sookie at the end kind of confused me..... for one I felt like Sookie gave in far to easily...what about all that crap about not ever being able to forgive him? And something about the way it was shot was just off to me... I dont know if they were trying to go for angry or what but it wasnt working.

Talbot....oh Talbot, I found it halirious when he started throwing things out of the cabinet. His little temper tantrums were truely hysterical and I will miss them. Now the BV and Talbot Shocked SUPER HOT! and yay for Viking revenge! Viking Though I'm concerned what Russel will do.

I also found this episode to have some fabulous one liners...

Obviously "I'm bored....take off your clothes" Perhaps one of the best lines on the show..lol

Jason: "Great!....I mean not great that he punched you in the face but great that your not going to marry him.."

Lafayette: "When I was 5 years old that woman told me I could breathe underwater......my little ass almost drowned....so no I dont listen to most of what come outta her mouth..."

Such a great episode all in all, cant wait for next week!!!
SweetAndWild
SweetAndWild
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  GodSpeed August 9th 2010, 11:02 am

Full thoughts after another viewing today.

But for now, feel or no feel, Bill is a horrible maker. Given he has done 1 maybe 2 things to help Jessica since her making. After seeing her thrown to the wolve(s). He immediately goes to Suckie and F's her. WTF.

I was hoping Hoyt would have knocked the S out of Tommy, just once. "Tommy MERLOTTE, you're in my family's establishment and you need to listen to me" What a tool.

Eric and Talbot - nothing to see here, move along.

Sookie really missed out in the brains department, I mean really. This crazy bitch is in my house trying to kill me so I'll just let he go and hope she lets the grudge go. And I thought Jason was the "not so smart one"

I'm really not liking Mr. Calvin Norris. Much more Whiskey Tango than I was anticipating.

Holly was also more Whiskey Tango that I figured. Her cast photo was more attractive that she actually is. I was getting a Rattray vibe from her, lol. Very interested in her character though.
Episode 3.08 – Night On The Sun 133469-bowles_lauren_341

Loved getting to see Renee again, even if it was in a crazy dream sequence where he was trying to kill her. I guess that cements that it is his baby and I can retire my ongoing theory that the baby will be some freak-of-maryann-orgy-baby.

I hope they don't do any mid air fighting sequence between Eric and Russell. That will be a little over the top.

More coherent thoughts at a later date.
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan August 9th 2010, 11:22 am

Here are my two cents:

The thing with Crystal...eh, I ain't feeling it and I don't trust her...sounds like a set up situation to me. The boys from Hot Shot seemed too easy going...what this means for Jason? It means he is so far in the shiatsu it will be hard for him to swim out.

Tara and Sookie: What I want to know is this, is Franklin dead? I don't think he is or else the blood bond would have been broken and she would not be having erotic dreams about him. And Talbot said they had a tough time getting Franklin's brains off the wall, but not getting Franklin off the wall...

Alcide...I am still not satisfied with how namby pamby he is being played out. He needs to wolf up a little more.

Arlene...that was sooooo creepy....it was the creepiest thing I think I ever saw.

Holly...don't know. She looked very old and very used...rode hard and put up wet as my mum says.

Lafayette and Jesus and Ruby...I wish they would get into this story line a little further. It is dragging out and very boring to me.

Sam and Tommy...I think that boy is going to be hard for Sam to deal with. And he is so combative, first he wants to beat up Hoyt (totally unacceptable) and then the Hot Shot version of the f*ck you crew. I still don't like the way they are portraying Calvin. I hate they took an honest hard working man and made him a meth dealer. Jason, stay away from these Whiskey Tangos...really.

Jessica...loved the way sort kicked Bill's ass. Bill has been a terrible maker until now and he really needed to get it into gear. I get why he was releasing her, his house and Sookie's house are not going to be really safe places to be right now, but hey, Jessica is a smart girl, she just needs some guidance. And by the way, if you guys will notice, he stopped for Jessica while Sookie was fighting for her life with that crazy were-bitch in her room to get Jessica out of the clutches of Edgington...

Bill and Sookie part one- The break up scene was soooo sad....he enumerated all the flaws of the relationship, all the things he cannot give her. Just because they broke up, doesn't mean they still don't love each other...

Eric and Russell- You could see Eric literally spitting out his lies to Edgington as he swore his allegiance to him.

Eric and Talbot- Hey, I would have done whatever it took to get revenge for the family. Did anyone notice what he staked Talbot with? It was the scroll of ancient Japanese Vampire erotica....that is the only thing Talbot had in him in my humble opinion. Good show old sport!!!!!

Eric and Hadley- I don't know why Eric thought Sookie would trust Hadley, or him to be honest, about anything she might have to say about Bill on his behalf....I certainly wouldn't.

Sookie and Debbie- Why didn't Sookie just shoot her? I would not have wasted time palavering with her. I would have put her brains on the wall....but that is just me.

Bill and Sookie part two- I liked the way they came to together. Hey, maybe some people can turn their emotions off and on like a light switch, but I would not have been able to. Eric's time will come....Season four guys...so let us get the little bit of enjoyment that we can from this....

And that's all I gotta say about that....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan August 9th 2010, 11:38 am

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan August 9th 2010, 11:44 am

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet August 9th 2010, 11:47 am

The Sookie and Bill break up in the beginning was really sad, but I was relieved to see (for now) that it seemed mutual.

Jason and Crystal. I don't know about this storyline just yet. What I don't understand is how can Jason love someone so fast without knowing the person? I know this is Jason Stackhouse we're talking about, but still. I guess I'm not feeling any chemeistry between the two.

Tara. I know we always see Tara sad or angry, but it seems so right for her to be scared. Especially after her Franklin dream. The girl doesn't know why she's dreaming of him, but we all know it could mean that he isn't a dead vampire after all.

I'm kind of glad to see Alcide leave. At first I really liked him and his connection with Sookie, but I dunno. It just kind of fizzled out for me. We'll see what happens with him.

Loved the Bill and Jessica training scene. I know everyone is saying he is a crappy maker, but to be honest what kind of time has he had for her? A certain someone keeps getting in danger and he keeps getting held against his will. Though, I think he sees it now (after Jessica's desperate plea) that he will be there for her and perhaps make it up to her. They're both going to need each other in every way. When Russell had a hold of her, and Sookie was in trouble, I honestly though that Bill was going to Sookie first. He didn't. I think he's starting to realize that it is his child that is his first priority. I think he knew that Jessica would be okay, because she did take off running vampire speed. Vampires are faster. Also, he would feel it. I wasn't worried for her.

Bill and Sookie "make up sex" was completely unexpected from me, but now that I think about it, feels right that they did it. Sookie did have a lot of Bill's blood and the excitement of just kicking ass probably turned her on like crazy. One more last time between these two. I think it's tne next episode that will be the true break up and a very emotional one.

Hadley's visit seemed so random. I know Eric told her to go, but I dunno. I will have to watch it again. At least she warned her about the weres and Russell coming. This whole thing about not trusting Bill? I guess Eric did find out about the mission and probably has right to think that they shouldn't trust Bill, but we all know better. I liked that she thought to Sookie that it was her that brought all of this onto her.

Jesus. I had come up with my own theory a while back that I thought was most likely crazy. I was thinking that he might be a witch. When Lafayette's mom handed him back the knife calmy, I think that was his little trick. Didn't that Holly girl do something too? I can't remember.

Eric and Talbot. Oh boy I didin't hear the end of this one from my gay male friends. You wouldn't believe how many text messages I got from that scene. I'm not uncomfortable with men on men, in fact I respect Alexander even more for giving it a go. Well, done! But poor Talbot, I'm sure going to miss him.

Okay I've written too much.

Last edited by Violet on August 9th 2010, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Barrister August 9th 2010, 12:02 pm

well thought vi.....

excuse me for typing in lower case, i can't use my left hand for anything but a paper weight but i wanted to throw some brass into the discussion.

first off let me say bravo to the big viking for doing what he did. there would be no limits to what i would do to revenge my fam...and i think everyone sees it that way.

second....do you really want sooie to be so superficial? i like it that she is still desperately trying to love bill...i would like to point out the last words those two said to one another is i love you. if she can turn her emotions off like that i really pity her and anyone she tries to have a relationship with, dead man or hot beast.

bill really came through for jessica didn't he? and it was about bloody time.

tommy? ithink sam better never let down his guard.

jason? how stupid can anyone get?

sookie should have shot debbie...after all, her cooter is dead....

Barrister
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet August 9th 2010, 2:33 pm

"Save a horse, ride a vampire!"
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aolani August 9th 2010, 3:39 pm

sookie should have shot debbie...after all, her cooter is dead....

Darned right! I about pee my pants everytime I hear her say that too! Yup, that womans Cooter is dead, LOL!
Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee August 9th 2010, 4:04 pm

Violet wrote:"Save a horse, ride a vampire!"

Well said Violet. It's quite obvious that our Sookie is learning what to do with a massive adrenaline rush and obviously our Bill is smart enough to go along for the ride.

Renee
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  raki August 9th 2010, 6:55 pm

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien August 9th 2010, 7:25 pm

I give Bill credit for helping Jessica with Russell.

Jessica- My girl was kicking ass.

I still think Franklin isn't dead.

Damien
Damien
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan August 9th 2010, 10:57 pm

Well, I liked it, overall. I would have shot Debbie, D-E-A-D, I mean really. Although it just helps the storyline along. I was kinda surprised at the Bill/Sookie scene, but of course I watched Embarassed I am undecided how this will go. I can't keep a good stream of thought tonight, I will have to rewatch and come back tomorrow.
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next