Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jessica's Humanity

4 posters

Go down

Jessica's Humanity Empty Jessica's Humanity

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 9th 2010, 1:45 am

We have discussed Eric, we have discussed Bill, we have discussed Vampires in general. Now we have this new experience with a fledgeling Vampire, even younger than poor Eddie and she has a slew of challenges: An absentee maker, her apparently eternal virginal state and her even more apparent "eating disorder". She is closer to her humanity than the other Vampires we are most experienced with, yet she seems to be having a harder time dealing with her Vampirism than the loss of her humanity.

It may be that she is acting like a Vampire, like they were before they came out of the coffin, but now they are out in the open, she is what they would call a media nightmare if she is indeed gone rogue. It won't be humans who bring her to justice. I think it will be her own kind....and they are pretty rough on offenders.

Tell me what you think
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Jessica's Humanity Empty Re: Jessica's Humanity

Post  Fairy February 10th 2010, 10:57 pm

It seems from S3 spoilers that Jessica is going to be with us for a while, thank goodness. Hopefully she didn't actually kill that truck driver and won't have to face whatever consequences. Though since Bill is otherwise engaged somewhere else, maybe Eric will come to her rescue and help clean up her mess.

I love this character. She is so funny and perhaps innocent, even though she is vampire. Her situation is probably about as tough as it gets in the vampire world, being turned before having a chance to fully experience her human life. I really hope things work out for her and Hoyt. Looking forward to an exciting Season 3.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki February 10th 2010, 11:52 pm

I think Jessica will end up using her new glamouring skills on that truck driver. This could become a dangerous habit of hers, I worry about what will happen to her while Bill is away. I don't think she will be much of a a concern, at least not right away, to Eric or Pam. Sookie would consider her, but I fear her concern over Bill's disappearance will override looking after Jessica. This leaves Hoyt in my opinion. He needs to care about her enough to try and guide her through this mess the best he can until Bill or someone more capable can step in. But Jessica needs to trust and care enough in Hoyt to even give mainstreaming a chance and living as a "decent" vampire. I don't know just a new theory of mine. Wink
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy February 10th 2010, 11:59 pm

Good point Raki. I hadn't though about Sookie helping her out, although it sounds like Sookie will have her hands full in S3.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki February 11th 2010, 12:07 am

I think Sookie would be open to having a close relationship with Jessica at some point. A mixed role of Mother/ Aunt/ Older Sister. Jessica still needs someone like that, and it would give Sookie a chance to play the role from time to time and not have to deal with being in someones head all the time. If you think about it Sookie will never get a change herself to have a "normal" relationship even with her own childeren due to her ability. Jessica could at least offer something close to that if they could ever form that type of bond.
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy February 11th 2010, 8:46 pm

Between Jessica and Pam, Sookie may end up with more vampire girlfriends than human ones. But that would probably suit her just fine.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 12th 2010, 5:29 pm

And you know, she is sleeping with both Bill and Eric, but in the books, she does seem closer to Pam in many ways. I wonder what that roadtrip short story is like? CH says it is a real bonding moment for them.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 21st 2010, 8:52 pm

Jessica is on her own journey. She is trying to figure out how to be a Vampire without her maker and she is trying to figure out if she can ever even have a relationship with Hoyt. I don't know what will become of her. SHe will never human again, but she is never fully Vampire.

Poor thing...what do you think?
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sian June 22nd 2010, 7:19 am

I think for a vampire, Jessica has such a sweet personality, obviously this is overshadowed by the true nature of what she has become. Rather than take advantage of Hoyt she is trying to push him away for his own sake. Jessica would have killed Hoyts Mum if he hadn't interveened and for his sake she stopped. I think she loves Hoyt and hopefully when she has sorted out for herself what being a vampire is about, she will be ready to love again. Hopefully it won't be too late for her and Hoyt as I think he could be her anchor.
Sian
Sian
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down