Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 4 - 16: Charlaine Harris DEAD IN THE FAMILY BOOK TOUR

+7
Violet
Fairy
FaerieMusk
westexan
Scarlett Harlot
GodSpeed
raki
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

May 4 - 16: Charlaine Harris DEAD IN THE FAMILY BOOK TOUR - Page 2 Empty Re: May 4 - 16: Charlaine Harris DEAD IN THE FAMILY BOOK TOUR

Post  Violet May 3rd 2010, 8:28 pm

One more week!
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

May 4 - 16: Charlaine Harris DEAD IN THE FAMILY BOOK TOUR - Page 2 Empty Re: May 4 - 16: Charlaine Harris DEAD IN THE FAMILY BOOK TOUR

Post  Aslinn Dhan May 3rd 2010, 9:19 pm

I can't wait
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet May 11th 2010, 11:09 am

Yesterday was truly amazing. Though, I admit I was a little impatient seeing people in line wanting to talk to her forever but Scalett reminded me that we are lucky to have an author who is willing to take the time and meet each of us. I mostly felt sorry for CH! She had a LOT of books to sign. We have ourselves a well deserved popular author :)

Can you believe Scarlett and I wanted her to sign our books "the Source?" That would take a lot of explaining! I did tell CH that I was a Bill fan and she said she was so glad to hear that and know that Bill still has a lot of support. I told her, "yeah a certain other vampire has taken over." I bit my toungue because I thought that was rude of me to say but she smiled and said she agreed. Something along those lines. I also told her that I'm so relieved that Bill seems to be okay in the new book because Dead and Gone made me lose a lot of sleep and I was very worried for him. She said, "Oh don't worry! Bill is a very interesting character and we will be seeing more of his story." What a relief!

My mom was with me as well not having a clue of what was going on. She had CH sign my sister's book and requested she put "Congratulations on the new baby!" (my sister is expecting). CH was gracious enough to do that for us. After that I regretted not having her write on mine ,"To Violet- Bill's one true love CH."

That's pretty much it from my end. I had a great time and was so glad to finally meet a member on our message board. Having Scarlett there made it extra special.

If you guys are planning to get to a signing, get there early!
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  raki May 11th 2010, 11:11 am

How awesome Violet! cheers
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet May 11th 2010, 11:17 am

OH! My sister had been texting me all day telling me to tell CH that her books gave my sister nightmares. I knew she was only doing that to annoy me and thought I would never actually tell her that. Well I did. I said, "my sister wanted me to tell you that your books gave her nightmares" She says, "oh! *laughs* you know I always take something like that as a great compliment!" I told her that I always tell my sister that it is a sign of a great writer.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Scarlett Harlot May 11th 2010, 12:40 pm

Violet summed our excursion quite nicely. I tried to post three times last nice and my post kept getting deleted, I will just post the pics for everyone to see. We had one more of our family with us, FangBanger joined us as well for the signing. I wish we would have run into Faerie Musk or any other truebies that were in attendance. It was a pleasure hanging out with both of you and Violet was so easy to talk to, even though we had just met. Oh and yes, I did pimp out the forum every chance I got. There were a couple girls right in front of us who seemed interested and I gave them the cheap version of our business card, and i gave one to Charlaine as well Cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Scarlett Harlot
Scarlett Harlot
Fledgling
Fledgling

http://twitter.com/paigetj27

Back to top Go down

Post  FaerieMusk May 11th 2010, 12:50 pm

Hi guys! I had so much fun at the book signing. It was REALLY disorganized, but the end result was perfect. I drove 2 hours to get there and was told that they had no more wristbands left. I had called that morning and they said...oh we're probably not even going to have wristbands. WHY DID I LISTEN? Anyway, I said to hell with it and got in line with the wristbanded folks anyway. No one cared! We waited about an hour and a half before we got our books signed. I met some really cool people who I am hoping may want to join the board. When I met CH I said, "Thank you for creating Sookie Stackhouse. She's such a great female character. Oh, and thank you for the shower scene." She laughed and said, "Honey, you're not the only one who's thanked me for that shower scene!" How awesome is that?! Here's a picture of me and the people I met. I'm on the right. This picture is from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
FaerieMusk
FaerieMusk
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Scarlett Harlot May 11th 2010, 12:57 pm

I am so glad you made it as well Faerie! I wish we could have met up, but it looks like you found some nice people to keep you company. And CH is awesome, truely.
Scarlett Harlot
Scarlett Harlot
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  FaerieMusk May 11th 2010, 1:39 pm

Scarlett Harlot wrote:I am so glad you made it as well Faerie! I wish we could have met up, but it looks like you found some nice people to keep you company. And CH is awesome, truely.

I wish we could have met up too! I wasn't sure if I would be able to go because my boss has been traveling and wasn't completely sold on the idea of his two assistants leaving for the day! But, he relented and we made it. Next time I'll be more organized about it. I wished we could have heard her speaking. Barnes and Noble get a major FAIL for their set-up! CH was incredible. I love that woman!
FaerieMusk
FaerieMusk
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan May 11th 2010, 2:00 pm

Fun!! I am still planning on going to the one in Dallas, I called and she said to come in the morning for bracelets, but I don't know how early to go. The reading and signing starts at 2pm, and my inlaws live about 60 miles from that Borders, but I was thinking early on a Saturday, traffic should be good. I will have the Kaiser, so that could prove to be challenging if it takes forever. An hour and a half doesn't sound too bad. study I don't like the idea of having to buy another book though........any other book of hers I would gladly have 2, but.......... scratch I think I have seen the girl in the red shirt in the one photo of FM. Hey FM, are you on another site, you too look familiar to me too!
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  FaerieMusk May 11th 2010, 2:40 pm

westexan wrote:Hey FM, are you on another site, you too look familiar to me too!

Nope! Just this one.
FaerieMusk
FaerieMusk
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan May 11th 2010, 4:30 pm

Well done ladies, they were wonderful pictures and wonderful reports....Thanks so much for sharing your adventure with us Cheer Leader
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy May 11th 2010, 4:56 pm

I am glad you all had a good time!
Thanks for sharing.
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki May 11th 2010, 6:47 pm

Great pictures ladies! Looks like you all had a blast meeting up with the Source, I only hope she stops close to me as well someday lol
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan May 12th 2010, 10:56 am

So i just called Borders and they said they got word today that her events are bringing anywhere from 300-800 people!!! She said she has already had 10+calls today, and they have only been open an hour. My hubby and I are going to try and work out our details tonight.
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan May 12th 2010, 2:15 pm

Good Luck chere
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki May 12th 2010, 7:11 pm

Good luck West... I hope your adventure to meet the Source goes as smooth as possible for you guys! cheers
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan May 16th 2010, 10:17 pm

Okay, let me first say that Borders was great, organized and ready to go. They opened a wee bit early, so I was in the second 100 bunch. We got there at 9:10am!! They gave out red, then gold, silver, green, blue, and yellow braclets, maybe purple also, so there were ALOT of people. We left and can back around noon to be ready by 2. Then I only had to wait in line for about an hour which was so great, although she just had a few seconds per person and only signed her name and no posed pictures, so the hubby did his best. She is an amazing lady, so sweet, direct and has the patience of a saint. Most all the questions were the same ones people always ask and she answers them the same as she always does, you will have to wait and see! She did say she will always write strong, independent women because she is one and can't be around people who aren't like that. One lady asked if Sookie would ever go to Fae and join that culture and of course she said no, Sookie will be human and will have a regular human lifespan, which means no turning either. CH said that would be torture for Sookie, she loves sunbathing too much. She mentioned that all the referencing to the attic will have some sort of storyline. She said she is signed up to book 13, but thinks the publisher may want more. She said when the Sookie series is over she does have other ideas for another/other series. I know there is more, I am going to have to think if there is anything that we don't already know!! Click to enlarge! I don't know why I have 2 copies of these, sorry, I don't know how to delete without starting over!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the hubby got us great seats! (he was actually just looking for a plug for this laptop!)
This is what my hubby did!

Tuckered out!
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy May 16th 2010, 11:01 pm

Great pics West!
I am glad you had a good time. cheers
Thanks for sharing.
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Scarlett Harlot May 16th 2010, 11:03 pm

Very cool Westexan! I am glad to know you had such a good turnout. She is a darling woman :)
Scarlett Harlot
Scarlett Harlot
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet May 17th 2010, 8:09 pm

I'm so glad it all worked out for you :)
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan May 17th 2010, 10:09 pm

I forgot, the chocolate cake recipe will be in the companion book and the Sookie and Pam story is coming for sure.
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet May 17th 2010, 10:20 pm

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. She told us the same thing.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan May 18th 2010, 10:37 am

Thanks for your report chere and the lovely pictures
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2