Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S4 Epi 4 I'm Alive and On Fire

+5
Aolani
Fairy
TiffTiff
westexan
Aslinn Dhan
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

S4 Epi 4 I'm Alive and On Fire Empty S4 Epi 4 I'm Alive and On Fire

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 7th 2011, 8:38 pm

Eric becomes drunk on Claudine's fairy blood and runs away from Sookie: he is able to daywalk and takes a swim in a lake. Sookie enlists Alcide's help in finding Eric. Jason escapes from Hotshot, pursued by werepanthers. He kills Felton and runs away from Crystal, and eventually collapses next to a highway: he is discovered by Hoyt and Jessica, who gives Jason some of her blood to help heal his wounds. Nan Flanagan tells Bill that she does not believe the witches pose any real danger. Bill discovers that Portia Bellefleur is his descendant and ends their relationship. Meanwhile, Marnie is possessed by a witch named Antonia, whom she sees in a vision burned at the stake centuries ago. Lafayette, Jesus and Tara urge Marnie to reverse the spell she has put on Eric. When Pam gets fed up with Marnie's slow progress in reversing the spell, she threatens her; Marnie is once again taken over by the witch's spirit and curses Pam, causing the flesh on her face to disintegrate. Arlene and Terry are frightened when their baby appears to write "baby not yours" on a wall. Sookie refuses to let Bill into her home to search for Eric. Sam learns that Luna's ex, the father of her child, is a jealous werewolf. Tommy goes to see his mother, but his father prevents him from leaving so that he can be used for dog-fighting again.

Last edited by Aslinn Dhan on August 16th 2011, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

S4 Epi 4 I'm Alive and On Fire Empty Re: S4 Epi 4 I'm Alive and On Fire

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 17th 2011, 6:25 pm

Thread is ready and unlocked..
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 18th 2011, 1:18 am

I hate to be the first poster....

But I loved this Epi. It really surpassed all my expectations...But let me do this step by step....

I will start with the least common denominator in the epi: Terry and Arlene and the baby...This is the weakest story to me and feels like...ooops, we need some Terry and Arlene in there, lets drop in this random scene and leave everyone scratching their head...get on with the point or shoot the kid and get it over with...

Tara..I have come to hate her. I know, she was traumatized and all that, but where I admired her smart mouth and her quick wit, her angry helplessness and over acted fear and hatred have got to go...Some one stick a fork in Tara, she is done. The only thing I like about the scenes with Tara is that for a while, they include the witches...and they need to get a move on.....

Bill and Portia's dilemma.....okay, I could have done without it, but at least Bill handled it with class. Finding out the woman you shagged is your great great great great great ad nauseum granddaughter was cringe worthy, but at least he knew how to put the quietus on it...At least he had no clue..makes me wonder if Portia did....she automatically went for the family Bible...

The thing with Nan is puzzling..What is the AVL good for if it won't help anyone...And then ties the hands of the person who serves it...Bill....come on, someone give Bill a reach around for christ's sake.

Soooo happy Jason called it like it was. Tired of AB acting like the TB guru..if he were, he would get a tighter grip on the people on his writing staff and man up when there is an issue he could be dealing with and not being cavalier about it....So happy to see Jason get free..The panthers were f***awesome in the words of one of our members...Interesting to see where this will go for Jason and Jessica and if you are up on your TB trivia and the spoilers we got a hold of...you are more than welcome to speculate about it in the speculation thread of the next epi..I will be more than happy to chat with you.....

Alcide has a problem in common with a lot of men who are hooked up with women who treat them bad...it is called being pussy whipped...talk about Sam not being an alpha...he needs to get his testes out of Debbie's robe pockets and see how evil she is.

Sam...meh...I think the interesting stuff will come about when he gets really concerned about Tommy's absence...The Mickens? I am soooo over them and I will dance gleefully on their graves and wear a red dress while I am doing it too...

Now to the best parts.....

How sweet was Eric? So childlike and happy and unaware of the peril he was in....Sort of like Ophelia in Hamlet, unaware of the fact he was in danger, challenging gods and crocodiles. Then his sadness and funk over the fact he could never have that experience again and it was over too soon. I know you are used to me making dramatic statements, but I wept tears of regret and bitterness over the life denied Eric, and I was angry for him...

And I wanted to slap Snookeh upside the head. Eric is not retarded, he is amnesiac, he needed your comfort and you refused him. How heartless can you be? He is an unwanted pest in your house, the fly in your personal ointment, and I find myself wishing Bill had drained you dry in the back of Alcide's truck except it would have haunted Bill all of his existence and we have to see you be with Eric to enjoy the fuller experience of the show and the plot..There, I have reduced Sookie to what Eric called her, sunshine in a pretty blond bottle....

But really, I liked the epi....Eric made it worth it to me.....LOL

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan July 18th 2011, 10:42 am

All your points are right on Aslinn, but I'm gonna be the negative nellie!! I think it had to much fluff. Suspect I really like side stories, but not when they completely take over the main story. Sookie is killing me with her weird attitude, I can't quite place what she is doing or thinking. I loved the Eric scenes, but I remember him still being him, not so baby-ish. When I say that, I don't mean how he reacts to his inability to be out in the sun, but his overall demeanor. Maybe it's Sookie projecting it onto him that I am picking up on. Seriously, who hugs their "friends" the way she hugged Alcide?? I hated the Hotshot scenes, the shifting was good and the scenes after. UGH Sam, really, let's just intrude why don't we. That poor baby doesn't have a chance with crazy Arlene and that creepy ass doll!!! What do we have Rene haunting them or what?? scratch
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 18th 2011, 12:53 pm

Well, I think I like the way Alex is playing it, but I do get what you mean, you pick up on the way Sookie is handling it with Eric and I know her character is supposed to be a little out of the loop, but she has a little problem with her attitude. And Sookie is doing what she always does where men are concerned, she is manipulating them...
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff July 18th 2011, 1:22 pm

I liked it, but I am so sick of Sookie! She offers zero comfort and treats him like he is a leper, almost afraid to touch him.

Tara is driving me up a wall. This new attitude bugs me almost more than the old whimpering Tara. Maybe I am just partial to Pam, but the way she was acting irritates me. Can't she see that Pam is protecting her own? Kind of like the way she wants to protect Lafayette.

Lafayette is in deep, but I don't get why Lafayette and Jesus don't get the heck away from that crazy witch. I know they need her now, but they treat her too nicely. She is evil to the core and I feel like she is working for somebody...

Still not a fan of Jesus, he is too fishy to me.

Arlene and Terry are a small story and they make me want to fall asleep! We get it, the baby is evil. Blah, blah, blah. And how did Terry not notice the dirty looking doll when he laid his baby down with it because I would not let my baby play with something that dirty and creepy. I just don't get where they are going with this...

I knew Tommy was walking into a trap. His mom pretty much gave it away the way she was acting when he came up. Of course, "let's talk smack about Sam when he was the one who helped us". Someone needs to kill them both off.

Bill handled that better than I thought he would...I still think he is behind this ordeal with Eric.

Poor Jason...I really don't know what to say other than I think he will be gettin' it on with Jessica Wink

Alcide is an idiot! Sexy, but stupid. Debbie is clearly still a psycho. You can just tell with the small comments she makes.

Sam is in for a surprise, methinks...
TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy July 18th 2011, 1:40 pm

My favorite scenes in this episode involved Eric and Snooki, of course. Alex has been able to flex some serious acting muscles with the amnesia storyline, making Amnesia Eric a brilliant combination of vulnerable, dangerous, sexy, funny, and childlike. Snooki isn’t sure yet how to take him, but I wish she could have at least given him a little kiss to make him happy. I would have taken it a step further and stayed with him as he requested of her. Poor baby, he doesn’t remember the first day he had a few moments in the sun, and having this opportunity to swim freely with the gators in the daytime just brought him even closer to his humanity. He was so sad I could have smacked Snooki for leaving him when he was feeling so depressed and alone. Imagine being in a world you don’t know much about and you have no one. He just wanted someone to talk to, yet as he told Snooki, he doesn’t want to be treated like a child either.

People have different opinions on Bill’s motive for sending Eric to the coven meeting, but perhaps that will be made clear in the future. Snooki did lie to Bill about Eric’s whereabouts and I believe he knew she was lying. However, her motive was not malicious as she was merely trying to protect Eric. If Eric could sense someone (Bill) coming to the front door I’m sure Bill could sense someone (Eric) in the basement. In my opinion, in light of their history and his past untruths to Snooki, I think out of respect he just gave her this one and changed his mind about barging into her house and conducting a search.
Nan, the micromanager, is going to be a big problem for Bill. Portia? I think Bill handled the situation with Portia a well as it could be handled. Now he’s going to have to shake that little “terrier” off his pantleg.

Poor Jason. He finally escapes that Hot Shot hell hole and takes Felton out in the process. Cheers to you dude, and good bye Crystal, though I don’t think we’ve seen the last of her yet.

This might be the beginning of the end for Hoyt and Jessica. I really like these characters, but they may not be suited for each other. Jason may not be the right one for Jessica either, but I see that coming. By the way, did it look to anyone else like Jessica may have glamored Jason a little bit to get him to drink from her? Her intentions were good though, her blood should heal him, but I also wonder if it will prevent the panther magic from taking hold of him. Crystal is sure to be pissed if her efforts didn’t work. Hopefully, for Jason’s sake, it won’t. Jessica, Hoyt, and Jason deserve to be happy and I hope things work out for them.

While I’m in the mood to smack a few people, I want these folks to stand in line. Alcide, can’t you see through Debbie’s lies? Heysoos, YOU started this mess with Marnie! Crystal, you and your whole ‘fam damily’ are batshit crazy! (Though there may be hope for Becky.) Terry and Arlene, just burn the doll already and be done with it! Tommy and Ma and Pa Mickens, you just need to get the heck out of Ben Temps and off TB. Sam, watch out for your friends… they may not be what they seem. Andy, find a Twelve Step Program pronto! Marnie, girl you are waaaayyyy over your head. And finally, Tara. You just need a good old-fashioned beatdown, and I think it is on its way. Pam is going to be mighty pissed!
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aolani July 18th 2011, 1:53 pm

Interestingly enough I agree with what Aslinn had to say. I think that part of why Eric is acting the way he is , is because of the wording of the spell tho. You see, I think he CANT harm anyone unless it is because he is protecting her. If you look at the other episodes, he has never done a single thing to anyone that he didnt do because he thought he was protecting Sookie. Even when he killed Claudine, Sookie's last words were Leave Me Alone. I think that is why you see Eric the way he is. You see the soft, kind, gentle, and scared Eric beside the pure Vampire Eric. For some reason, he is super protective of Sookie. Like a guard dog, lol.

The whole Hotshot thing and the thing with Tommy and Sam can just go away. Sheesh. And the entire Witch thnig? There are so many errors in that it makes me head spin. Talk about taking license!! Sheesh! Arlene and the baby are another poltergeist bunch of bs I can do without.

I rather like the idea of Jessica and Jason tho. I felt like it was the one time that Jessica got to help someone with her blood and it wasnt rejected. Like it really meant something to her.

And Bill. I think he KNEW Eric was in Sookies house, just the same way Eric knew someone was at the door. Sookie just guilted him into not finding what he already knew was there. I know Bill will do the right thing when it comes to Portia and that situation. He just needed time to think, and was it just me, but who the hell does Portia think she is coming after him like that? All that I am a laywer and a terrier crap! Hmnph, made me want to snap her neck. Bing, and just like that, I dont like her at all.

And poor Pam, omg, I felt sorry for her. I am thinking this girl is gonna go batshit crazy on some witches. They deserve it tho. Even Marnie, who may not be directly doing it, but she sure is stupid.

Tara....omg, Tara. Please GO AWAY!!!!!! You are as useless as tits on a boar hog.

I might have missed some things, but if I did, I will come back to them.

Loving me some Eric this season!!

Viking Viking Viking
Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aolani July 18th 2011, 1:55 pm

Excellent points Fairy!! I totally agree with you! I knew I was forgetting things. Oh yeah, and I about died laughing listening to Maxine tell Sam how she was like a Lioness. Yeah, dumb ass , say that to a shifter. Its a wonder he didnt bust out laughing.
Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy July 18th 2011, 2:02 pm

Aolani wrote:Interestingly enough I agree with what Aslinn had to say. I think that part of why Eric is acting the way he is , is because of the wording of the spell tho. You see, I think he CANT harm anyone unless it is because he is protecting her. If you look at the other episodes, he has never done a single thing to anyone that he didnt do because he thought he was protecting Sookie. Even when he killed Claudine, Sookie's last words were Leave Me Alone. I think that is why you see Eric the way he is. You see the soft, kind, gentle, and scared Eric beside the pure Vampire Eric. For some reason, he is super protective of Sookie. Like a guard dog, lol.

I think you nailed it there, Aolani. I totally agree. And he screamed at Alcide, "Get away from her!"
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy July 18th 2011, 4:09 pm

I really like this episode regardless that it was only 50 minutes.

I am really sick of Tara and Marnie. I am actually kind of over this witch storyline. They seem to be taking their sweet time trying to develop the background for this side story and it is dragging out needlessly. Because of this I am so disliking Tara and Jesus' whining. For me it is turning out like the orgy story/maenad story of season 2.

As for the creepy doll, I don't think burning it will work. It looks as if someone already tried and it still came back. I still think Arlene's crazy baby will lead back to the ceremony and that stuff she drank. Perhaps that crazy waitress missed a step? Sorry I forgot her name.

Poor Jason, I am glad he got away from those psychos. I can't wait to see what develops between him and Jessica. Perhaps, the new baby vamp and the new were-panther can find a way to overcome their impulses together.

What can I say about Eric that hasn't already been said. Alex did an amazing job. If he doesn't get an Emmy nom, those a-holes are blind. I really think Sookie doesn't know how to handle this side of Eric, that's why she is acting the way she does. I am not trying to defend Sookie, believe me if it was me I damn well would have stayed with him and kissed him to make him happy. Seriously Bill, talk about bad timing dude. Way to block!

Bill and Portia, I still say eww. But he better tell them the truth, because I don't think he wants that to come back and bite him in the ass too. I think you all are right about Bill being able to sense another being in Sookie's house. I don't know if he knew it was a vampire though. I think if Eric had sensed vamp he would have told Sookie so.
I really don't think Bill's concern for Eric is because he actually cares for him, but rather than him trying to keep tabs on the "competition". I am still suspicious as to why out of all the vampires he sends Eric. Hmmm.....
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet July 18th 2011, 10:04 pm

I kind of like the Arlene/baby storyline because I have NO CLUE what's going on. It's like a "Wtf?!" kind of thing. I miss those. I don't think there's anything wrong with the baby, it's all that doll's doing. Crazy stuff.

Sam is such a good guy. He was so sweet with Luna's daughter. I just hope he comes to his senses because if a werewolf is stalking Luna, nothing good will come of it. He should know that by now.

I still like Tara, I just don't think the writers are doing much with her this season. She's just in the background making comments that doesn't help the story. Then again, everything has happened to her so maybe it is good she gets a little break.

Bill and Portia. I was hoping they wouldn't go there, but I think Bill handled it very well. At first I thought maybe they did something different. The way old lady Bellefleur and Bill were talking and seemed to understand exactly what was going on, I thought that maybe the person in question from their ancestry had done something awful in the past and they wished not to discuss it. Like they were a murderer or something crazy like that. It bothered Bill a little but I don't think he's going to be haunted by it. Portia on the other hand, I wouldn't blame her if she wanted the memory taken away from her.

Sookie did lie to Bill and he knew it. She made it so obvious she didn't want him in her house and he gave in. I wonder if she knows that he could tell when she was lying? I really expected him to storm in her house but he still respect's Sookie even if he already figured out what was going on.

Eric swimming with the gators. I thought it was so cute when he had to get out of the water and he looked back, wanting to jump right back in. Reminds me of my little cousin's going for a swim in my pool. I'm sad he killed Claudine, but I'm happy he got to experience some sunshine. I hope he doesn't crave it again because then Sookie would be in a lot of trouble.

Sookie being a flirty with Alcide and she almosts kisses Eric. Damn this girl can't make up her mind. I don't blame her watching Alcide undress.

Jason for me was the highlight of the show. I knew that young girl from Hot Shot was going to be his savior. I was so happy that he escaped and killed Filton. I was especially happy when he told off Crystal. I'm glad it was Hoyt and Jessica that found them. I can't wait to see this blood bond taking effect. She is pretty young compared to Hoyt and Jason, but I think she's going to make Jason feel like a teenager again. Actually, he still kind of acts like one.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 18th 2011, 10:47 pm

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy July 18th 2011, 11:20 pm

That video was enlightening. It looks like one of the main themes this season is going to be power, the quest for power, handling power, and losing power. We have seen almost every character so far struggle in some way with power or the lack thereof.

Last edited by Fairy on July 19th 2011, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 19th 2011, 11:21 am

Yeah, and even though Bill has some power now, I don't think he is that confident, that is why he is coming off so harsh. Plus I think he knows the AVL and the Authority are the powers behind the throne. Not that I think he would ask any different, but if things play out as beautifully and dramatically as we suspect, we will find the crown rests uneasily on the head of Bill Compton...

I always think about Bill in the books when I see him doing his "King" thing on the show. Bill in the books was not interested in Vampire politics at all, and even ran for office only as a last resort to get Eric and presumable other Vampires in authority off his back and out of Sookie's life. So his ham fisted handling of the affairs of state may be a nod toward that...
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien July 19th 2011, 2:33 pm

The show needs less story-lines.

Tara: She needs to die

Tommy: needs to die

Sam: has become a boring character.

Jessica-Jason-Hoyt: could be a great love triangle

I think we need more interaction between our regular characters and less new characters. I think the season has been great so far, but plot lines could get very sloppy at times.
Damien
Damien
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet July 19th 2011, 9:45 pm

I agree about more interaction between the main characters. There isn't enough of it. I'd like to see Sam and Sookie have their old friendship back. I'd like to see Bill hanging out at Merlotte's. I'd like to see more of Jason and Lafayette together.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy July 19th 2011, 11:13 pm

Lingering questions from Episode 4:
1. Why didn't Pam just glamour some of the witches, especially Tara who was holding a gun on her?
2. Why didn't Tommy just shift out of the chains when Joe Lee grabbed him?
3. What did Debbie smell when she sniffed Alcide? Was she really trying to see if he had shifted or did she smell Snooki?
4. Did Jess use a little bit of glamour on Jason to encourage him to drink her blood? Does that mean he will have a relapse from his V addiction?
5. Did Bill actually smell Eric in Snooki's house? Shouldn't he have?
6. When Bill was giving Snooki a list of Eric's residences that he had checked (Oland, Paris, Barbados), why didn't he mention his residence in Shreveport? Surely we don't believe Eric had actually lived in the basement of Fangtasia do we? How long has Eric been living in his hidey hole at Snookie's? Did Bill know about that? And how does Bill know about all of Eric's residences?

Inquiring minds want to know. What do you think?
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff July 20th 2011, 7:53 am

I really wondered why Tommy didn't shift in the chains....I mean, we know they can shift to bugs even so it should not have been a problem.

Bill would have to know, wouldn't you think? I would think the King would know the residences of those in his territory. Especially a sheriff. I am sure he knew about Eric, but he is toeing the line with Snooki because of their past. Plus, if he has anything to do with the witches putting that spell on Eric, then Snooki would know something was up when he went for Eric and if she is protecting him then she cares and Bill probably still feels guilty. I think he wants on her good side.

I have to say that I like the way they have made Bill this season. He is reduced to some whimpering excuse for a man like he seemed in the books. While he seems to want Snooki, he isn't pathetically throwing himself to her feet. Plus, I got tired of the "woe is me" attitude from most of the characters last season.

And yes, I think the main characters need more interaction. Tara is so boring! She is like a broken record. I get it, she had a really rough time last year and I would not blame her to mourn that. Still, I don't see Sookie holding it against everybody and I don't see other characters constantly crying about their past. She has a right, but she is annoying about it. Does that make sense?

GET RID OF ARLENE! Seriously, move the story along now or get rid of it because it takes away from the more important characters.

I am actually not opposed to Jessica/Hoyt/Jason. That story has potential to really go somewhere.
TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 20th 2011, 10:22 am

Well, I am fascinated that the Vampires seem to just be oblivious to one another period. I mean we had Jason all hopped up on V and Andy this season and they don't seem to notice, Bill or Eric either one.

I dunnoe why Pam doesn't try to glamour the witches, unless it would be hard to do...Witches are magikal creatures too, like Vampires...

See, another gaping hole in the story line..I would have shifted into a house fly or something and flew away...Unless there is like a child maker thing going on we don't know about...

I don't think she glamoured Jason, I think Jason was just so out of it and he was looking up at her with a fog...But I don't think he will relapse...The injury and sickness will negate his intoxication

Dunnoe about the house in Shreveport...Though didn't he say, we have searched here (Louisiana) Paris, Sweden and Barbados.... Again a gaping hole in the dialogue...Errrggggghhhhh

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy July 20th 2011, 1:00 pm

I can see where Pam might have trouble glamouring Marnie, especially while she was possessed, and maybe even Lala and Heysoos. But she should have glamoured Tara and told her to turn that gun on herself.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff July 20th 2011, 2:00 pm

Fairy wrote:I can see where Pam might have trouble glamouring Marnie, especially while she was possessed, and maybe even Lala and Heysoos. But she should have glamoured Tara and told her to turn that gun on herself.

The only thing I can think of is that she didn't want to piss of Jesus or Lafayette because she needed them for Marnie.

Could it have been the chain he used? I don't know how that would change things, but it is all I can think of. Sam did it, why couldn't Tommy? The Pickens just need to go! One minute they adored Sam and then she is completely ungrateful. Seems like a repeated plotline of last season. Tommy will use Sam and then Sam will be duped into trusting all of them again and it will all fall apart.

Blegh. Time to pick up that pace TB!
TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Aolani July 20th 2011, 2:18 pm

I think we will see Tommy shift into something else. We already know that he
Spoiler:
How else could any of those things happen if Tommy doesnt shift? I just think that part was TB's natural love of the episode cliff hanger.

As far as Pam not glamouring? I dont think that maybe she could see the shift in Marnie and the possesion until it was too late. To Pam, with her attitude of superiority, there would be no need to glamour any of them when she felt she had the upper hand and could move faster and kill any one of them with none of them able to do anything about it. I think that Tara is an annoying flea to her but that she knows she scared the piddle out of Lala and that his fear is a powerful weapon to get the others to do her bidding. I see no reason at all that she couldnt have glamoured any one of them if she had felt the need until it was too late and the spell was being cast.

I do indeed think that Debbie smelled Sookie AND that Alcide had shifted. I think it just didnt fit in with her trying to be all sweetness and light to say so right then. You could see in her eyes tho that she was neither okay or accepting of it. Poor Alcide. He has no idea. Too honest for his own good.

I dont think Jason will become addicted to V again and I dont think that Jessica glamoured him at all. I agree that it was just his view of things in the fog he was in. Plus I think she was just so happy to be of help and to have her blood wanted and someone not telling her no or that it was shit, or making her feel bad that she felt really good about it. Hoyt really hurt her with that accidental choice of words.

I also think that Bill DID know that Eric was at Sookies house but that she guilted him into not physically looking. I dont think that Bill knows every detail about Eric's minute to minute life, so he wouldnt know how long or if Eric had ever stayed in Sookies house, but I do think that as King , he would know all the properties owned by his subjects. That would seem perfectly normal in the scope of his job to me.
Aolani
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  lelama July 21st 2011, 11:05 pm

What I am enjoying most about this season thus far is the full-jump into the Horror genre. Certainly, that was always the fabric with which the show was working, but it really seemed at times to be more like a thriller, mystery, or even romance or sci-fi before I would have truly described it as horrific. But this season is really quite scary. It was late last night and I was alone and I wanted to rewatch this episode, but I didn't end up doing it because it was going to give me an unsettling feeling.

Best quote of the episode: (while Marnie is praying to the Goddess) Lafayette: "Save our fucking asses".

At the very beginning of this episode I realized that there were frog sounds in the background. I love frogs. They are probably in the show more than I realize, but I was watching with my headphones on as to not bother my husband, who was listening to music and writing. This really has nothing to do with the show, but to make it more relevant, in general I have noticed excellent sound editing. Often things like that go overlooked, but from everything to the background conversations at the bar, to the flicking of fangs, to these frogs, it is excellently done.

I think Eric is a real kick. I really am enjoying watching him without a couple of millenia of cold-hearted killing.

I said it in another post, but I really think it was Pam's big mistake to not go to Bill about a missing Eric. I know she doesn't trust him, but the whole thing with the vampire monarchy is that you follow the protocol because otherwise stuff (wanted to use a four letter trashy word instead) goes down. Now she's got a nasty curse (I'm excited to see her reaction next episode)...another thing that was just scary...I couldn't stop thinking about it for a while.

Jason's situation is so filled with pain, but I think that just extends to all of Hotshot. They fascinate me, but I can't bear to have sympathy for them--they are their own demise. I hope that Jason doesn't have to deal with them again, but if he becomes a werepanther, he probably will. Crystal seems like she's crazy, way different from the vulnerable, beautiful version we saw last season...then again, she has been hooked on V for a year! Way to go on killing Felton, for sure!

Nan Flanigan is not taking the witch situation seriously. WILL SOMEONE JUST GO TO KING BILL? He seems like he's the only person that thinks that there's anything serious going on.

A lot of folks have commented on Sookies attitude towards Eric. It's nothing new. Her attitude always is very unforgiving, unopen. I understand it's part of her character, to be distant and untrusting, but she's driven me nuts for seasons about how she treats Bill and now she treats Eric in an equally poor manner. I wish that she'd be more understanding of vampires---one can argue she has a bad past with them, but in most cases they were trying to help her!

Marnie is just messing around with very bad energies. I always thought it was terrible for a magical person to just welcome something into them without knowing what it was. Her magic frightens me, and witches don't really scare me in horror movies...but they are doing a good job in this case. Marnie herself though feels like such a flake, like she is totally oblivious to her problems...only becoming aware of them at Lafayette's insistence.

Arlene's baby's doll as well, is absolutely terrifying, and I have to agree that it's probably a poltergeist. Poltergeists generally need adolescents to act out on energy and Lisa stirred just before the possessed baby wrote on the wall. The doll of course, is the vessel, but the fact that Lisa is there probably allows it to manifest aside from coming back from the town dump and lake.

I feel terrible for Tommy. Last week I wanted him gone, but this show really has a way of playing with your emotions. Now I want him to be safe, maybe tear Joe Lee a new one. Gosh, I just felt sick to my stomach in that scene. Even this was horrific.

I agree with all of you about Tara, she's really getting on my nerves too. She's so broken. She's so angry to the point that she isn't thinking clearly. I hope they do something with that, they usually do. They usually bring things around with the characters. They always have at least.

Anyway, I am really happy with how things are going. They are absolutely terrifying and I am so thrilled that we aren't yet halfway through the season.

lelama
lelama
Tea-Cup
Tea-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 22nd 2011, 7:28 am

I agree with you Lelama, this has been a pretty good season....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next