Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S4 Epi 4 I'm Alive and On Fire

+5
Aolani
Fairy
TiffTiff
westexan
Aslinn Dhan
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

S4 Epi 4 I'm Alive and On Fire - Page 2 Empty Re: S4 Epi 4 I'm Alive and On Fire

Post  Fairy July 22nd 2011, 8:42 am

Good points Lelama, especially regarding the horrors that AB has brought to the season. Usually TB's horror comes in the form of exploding vampires or the deaths of other supernaturals and occasional humans, but now we have less actual deaths so far and more horrific concepts. However, I would have to disagree with one small part of your comment. Eric is not a "cold hearted" killer. We have not seen him kill anyone without reason. We saw him kill Royce, who attacked him first and was part of a gang who burned down a house with three vampires and one human inside (in Area 5, of which he is responsible), and a WWII German werebitch who was trying to kill him... oh wait, it was Godric who killed her. As a human, he killed a werewolf who had just killed his entire family. He killed a werewolf, who was attacking him in Sookie's house and was in Sookie's house in the first place to kill her. He killed Claudine, who had just told Sookie "This is not a request," insinuating that she was going to force Snookie back to Faery, and we know how all vampires are drawn to the fae. But if he hadn't killed Claudine, Snooki may have ended up back in Faery... permanently. So, I would have to respectfully disagree with you about the cold-hearted killing. Other vampires on the show have killed more people than Eric.

Last edited by Fairy on July 22nd 2011, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

S4 Epi 4 I'm Alive and On Fire - Page 2 Empty Re: S4 Epi 4 I'm Alive and On Fire

Post  Linzy July 22nd 2011, 1:31 pm

I completely agree with you Fairy. I don't perceive Eric as a cold-hearted killer. As Fairy stated they were all pretty much justified.

I still agree with Pam's decision to not tell Bill about Eric's amnesia. As I said before I wouldn't trust someone who tried to kill my maker. At this point in time I do not trust Bill, especially where Eric is concerned. There may be a vampire hierarchy, but there is no way I would set myself up or my maker to be at the mercy of anyone. And again my question is why of all the vampires did Bill send Eric to handle the situation? If he thought it warranted immediate attention perhaps involving the Authority would have been a wiser decision. I know Bill is new to his crown but sending one vampire in to handle a coven of witches with the potential to control the dead sounds fishy to me. Shrug
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff July 23rd 2011, 10:33 am

Linzy-I agree with that last statement completely. If you hear of a necromancer, why would you send one vampire instead of multiple? Or better yet, why wouldn't you send in a human that works for the vamps? I never trusted that...
TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  lelama July 23rd 2011, 9:09 pm

I mostly said cold-hearted killer because Eric is not any different than any other vampire in this respect. We may have seen him killing for useful reasons, but at the same time, Godric and Eric's conversation in Dallas hint that's not the only kind of killing that was done. I just mean that in 1000 years, as a vampire, he would have killed numerous people just to eat...perhaps that's not cold-hearted, however, what I was really trying to get at was all of that killing and memories of causing people terror does seem to cause the vampires quite a lot of turmoil...it manifests in different ways. Bill is saddened by it, and Eric was hardened by it. It's nice to see him without that excess baggage.

As for sending in one vampire to deal with necromancers rather than several or a human working for the vampires I think was largely an underestimate on Bill's part, and on Pam's and on seemingly, Nan's. It was just a dead bird brought back to life, so no big deal, right? And none of the vampires really believe that magic can be powerful anymore like it used to--also an underestimate coming from a place of invulnerability. My dad said when he watched the first episode of the season: "wow, they really had you thinking that there's nothing more powerful than vampires", and I think this is the also the sentiment of most vampires.
lelama
lelama
Tea-Cup
Tea-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy July 23rd 2011, 9:26 pm

"Vulnerable" is certainly not a comfortable place for vampires, and finding out they aren't the only superpowers in town has become a critical wakeup call.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff July 23rd 2011, 9:43 pm

I don't know if he underestimated. A dead bird is a big deal because that means she may be working on necromancy. I would have thought he would have taken extra precaution. I think what got my attention on the subject was when he mocked Eric for having somebody do his dirty work when that was exactly what Bill himself was doing. I don't think he has been dealing with the witches other than his spy, but I think he knew that Eric would get himself in trouble in some way.
TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  lelama July 23rd 2011, 10:25 pm

I personally am not convinced that Bill has as much a hate-on for Eric as is implied. Surely he's no friend of his, and I don't think that Bill would go out of his way to be kind, but I don't really think that Bill would risk Eric's life either, not at this point--he does say that Eric has friends in high places, meaning that Bill could get in trouble with whomever that is. Bill does seem to be making an effort to find Eric, and I think is the only person that seems to be doing anything to stop the witches (aside from maybe Lafayette). As I said, I don't think Bill likes Eric, but I'm just not convinced that he's still out to kill him, he tried and failed. That being said, Pam says that Bill has tried numerous times since, but I don't know if that's Pam's overreaction--similar to Arlene's paranoia about the baby. And, I should keep in mind that Bill also pledged to do whatever he could to protect Sookie. Bill just hasn't verbalized Eric as a threat for quite sometime, and isn't abusing his power with Eric, like ordering him to let's say, sell Sookie's house, even though he could. Ah, I dont know! We shall see! Exciting!
lelama
lelama
Tea-Cup
Tea-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  lelama July 23rd 2011, 11:02 pm

Oh man, I am just watching this episode again, and I love how cute Eric is when he is arguing with Sookie about going to sleep! It is really adorable, especially with the blanket around him!
lelama
lelama
Tea-Cup
Tea-Cup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2