Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S4 Epi 6 I wish I was the moon tonight

+2
Barrister
Aslinn Dhan
6 posters

Go down

S4 Epi 6 I wish I was the moon tonight Empty S4 Epi 6 I wish I was the moon tonight

Post  Aslinn Dhan February 7th 2011, 8:40 pm

Bill has Eric arrested and, using the excuse that necromancers may use him as a weapon against vampires, gets the Vampire League's OK to sentence him to the "true death"; he later decides to release him when Eric appeals to Bill's love for Sookie. Arlene and Terry's house catches on fire while they are sleeping: Arlene panics when she can't find Mikey, but he and the mysterious doll are already outside the house. He is able to see an enigmatic woman waving at him from a distance. Jason fears that he may turn into a werepanther on the night of the full moon, but Sookie finds out from Alcide that you can only be a 'were' if you are born of two weres. Debbie registers with the local pack without telling Alcide. In Mexico, Jesus' grandfather tells Jesus and Lafayette that they must find him a sacrifice. They find a rattlesnake, and Jesus' grandfather makes the snake bite Jesus, but Lafayette is able to heal him when the spirit of "Tio Luca" enters his body. While imprisoned, Marnie is once again possessed by the spirit of the powerful witch Antonia, and turns on her vampire captor, the same vampire who had raped and fed on Antonia many centuries ago. Tara's girlfriend, Naomi, shows up in Bon Temps and they rekindle their relationship. Pam's face continues to rot; she later shows up at Merlotte's and attacks Tara and Naomi in a fit of rage. Tommy shapeshifts into Sam, fires Sookie, and has sex with Luna. The real Sam later finds Tommy passed out in Sam's trailer. Sookie, while out in the woods looking for Jason, runs into Eric, and they make love outside by the light of the full moon.

Last edited by Aslinn Dhan on August 16th 2011, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

S4 Epi 6 I wish I was the moon tonight Empty Re: S4 Epi 6 I wish I was the moon tonight

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 31st 2011, 7:39 pm

Thread is now open
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

S4 Epi 6 I wish I was the moon tonight Empty Re: S4 Epi 6 I wish I was the moon tonight

Post  Aslinn Dhan August 1st 2011, 1:34 am

Okay, so I will leave Sookie and Eric's moment til last.....

Bill is sure mad at the world in this epi. Some of this I totally get. He is under pressure and he is trying to keep things on a level playing ground and all that...But dammit, I thought Sookie deserved the righteous bollicking she got from Bill. She walks around like she is the only one who is hurting and the only one who is allowed to be hurt. Wrong or right, Bill was hurting too, and though he has moved on to a certain extent, he still loves her...

The thing with Eric...I'm between a rock and a hard place with this, because I love em both...but I really understand Bill's reaction up to the point when he said to silver him. I think THAT he did in spite...to spite Sookie...So...BAD BILL...But, I can see why he thinks he thinks he should lock Eric up...He is a thousand years old and unpredictable in his state. On the other hand, Eric is who he is and Bill does not have him in his good books...

The thing with the fire is still a mystery to me and I have seen the epi three times now. I still don't know what to make of this story line and I wished they would just end it...

Tommy was great for about two seconds when Sookie was getting the second bollicking of the past 24 hours. Tommy/Sam was great telling her off and voicing the opinions of many a Truebie...

But that whole situation is fucked and I would really hate to be Tommy when Sam pulls together and figures out what in all has happened he is gonna be pissed...but right now, something is terrible wrong with him...Did he OD or is this a side effect of Skin Walking? Who knows....

Okay, and now, about that thing Marnie was doing..Don't do that ever...Blood Letting to conjure spirits is always a bad thing. Remember that little thing about blood is the life? Yeah...don't do that...But I sort of get Antonia...She did suffer at the hands of Vampires...but she has no business in this time and in this world...her war with the Vampires are over....Besides...she has done her worse...She is making Pam rot and making Eric so different, I think Pam almost despises what he is because he is not the Vampire who made her and made her free. Maybe that is the shocking thing she says to Eric...maybe she hates him, or rather what he becomes because of his love for Sookie....Ouch...that hurts....

Eric's speech to Bill was heart breaking. He is as self loathing as Bill is and I think that is why he let Eric go when he knew damned good and well Eric would go straight to Sookie and they would make love. That and the thing about if he can he should make ammends with her and make her happy....because to Eric it didn't matter who it was to make her happy, so long as she was happy...So Bill let him go and I think it broke his heart...

I personally liked the love scene with Eric and Sookie. It was romantic and sweet and natural, sort like Adam and Eve in the moonlit garden. And I fully expect to see a few more minutes of it at the beginning of the next epi...all things being equal and I imagine they will have at least one more love scene and some yummy pillow talk....

So there you go, that is my take on it...

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan August 1st 2011, 11:00 am

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Barrister August 1st 2011, 11:20 am

There were so many things going on with the epi that I will have to look at it again through the week to really get a handle on it.

But what I want to talk about is the Bill and Eric and Sookie scenes because I think they reveal an awful lot about each of the characters.

One of the things I like and and dislike about Bill is his position of power. He really does not handle it well. But, I think he handles it about as well as he can. I think he comes off badly because he can't really do what is against his nature. And his nature is to be more human than Vampires actually want to be or should be. Being Vampire seems to be quite a brutal catch 22 position and for everything that you might like about your status as Vampire, there are a hundred things you would actually despise about your existence. And apparently Bill's brutal experience with his maker is not unique because the same savagery existed between Pam and Eric, and Eric in his right mind, or at least his remembering mind, was not so very different. I imagine there were nights Eric and Pam shared bloody beds and rutted like a couple of real savages just as Bill and Lorena did.....

So with this shift in the story, with Bill trying to put on the clothes of kingship and trying to walk the line between Vampire and Human and do the best for his kind and keep Sookie safe and deal with humans in the post Russell Edgington world, he has his tail in a crack and he is very much trapped.

Bill's jealousy towards Eric is a reality. It simply is, but there was a moment when Bill knew he and Eric were on the same page as far as Sookie is concerned. Bill would not want Sookie to move on, he does love her, but I think he loves her enough to know that he can't be what she needs and he has done such wrong to her that he can't for the time being do anything to make things up to her and try to win her. But he knows whether he wants to admit it or not, that Eric loves her. Eric loves her and would die protecting her, just as he would die, just as he nearly did die in first season. And he knows too that Eric would not hurt her in his present state. And the present state is Eric is not so very different from Bill right now. He is self loathing like Bill and he wants to try and see if Sookie can redeem him and make him a better man, a better Vampire, the kind of Vampire that Godric wanted.

The love scene was wonderful. I know I am a bloke and all of that, but there is something about being with a woman for the very first time, when you take it to the next level when you have feelings for that person instead of going for a shag. You want her to remember it always, no matter what happens between you, she will remember that first time. I am a romantic man myself and the idea of him being a....metaphysical virgin...if not a physical one is one that I think is true of the first time you have sex with someone you love, opposed to shagging.

I know it isn't like in the books. But actually, for once, I liked the way this looked. It was loving and gentle and passionate and innocent. It was not raw with all hips pounding and violence. It was subtle.

Anyway, that is just my take on it...
Barrister
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan August 1st 2011, 12:16 pm

This was a decent episode, with that being said......I truly think they need to take it back to the core. Tara had way to much screen time for her story, the same goes for Terry and Arlene. I actually love them when they are at Merlotte's. I love that Terry is leading a somewhat normal life, but I do love his quirky-ness. I love and loathe Bill all at the same time. He is stuck, just like y'all mentioned. His reasoning for Eric's lock up made some sense, but I truly see it as jealousy. I'm still trying to feel Sookie out. I almost wonder if her whole, "if you ever loved me....." speech was just naive because of her lack of relationship skills. She can't seem to separate her feelings of not wanting to be involved to being involved. She says she wanted nothing of Bill, yet she keeps playing that card knowing full well Bill still loves her. I would have liked more Lafayette, because obviously he will play a bigger part in this whole Marnie/Antonio thing. I'm not sure what to think of Tommy shifting into Sam, I think he took it way to far to keep it hidden and I suspect, IMHO, that this is his last season. He is dangerous, if he gets over this whole vomiting bit and I'm not sure how far this story can go. I think Sam Trammell did an amazing job playing Tommy! Jessica and Jason were kinda cutesy weren't they? This can only mean trouble, but it seems that Hoyt and Jessica won't make it much further, maybe I am wrong.....I wonder if Bill letting Eric go was more of a protection thing for Sookie. He knows she won't let him protect her. It takes a big person to let the one you love move on and by his hand. He would have been making a bad decision killing Eric off so quickly but he easily could have keep him locked up. I still feel for Pam, that poor woman! I did like the Eric and Sookie love making scene, and I do hope there is more to it, it seemed incomplete, and I don't mean just the happy ending! Razz One last bit, I am about sick and tired of all the rape scenes.
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan August 1st 2011, 12:28 pm

Oh and I am kinda glad Jason didn't turn, I wasn't sure how that would play out. Wonder how it will work into the rest of the story? Alcide and Debbie, I'm just finding it increasing annoying that he is just letting her walk all over him! I always hated that. Also, seriously is there just one set of woods in and around the Bon Temps area? Why would they be there instead of outside Shreveport? Or did I miss something?
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan August 1st 2011, 1:16 pm

I am sick of them too Westexan...Rape isn't entertainment
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee August 1st 2011, 5:29 pm

Episode 6 as I saw it.....

Well I'll start with Bill: Sweetheart you know I love you (as my husband can attest after receiving Renee's dangly bits dissolving glare of death at your earlier scenes this episode. If we hadn't had a guest, he would have also received a much needed smack upside the head) but you've got to do some serious thinking about this king thing, it's not helping. Oh and a huge kiss and high five for that awesome smackdown of her suckiness.

Sookie: The. World. Does. Not. Revolve. Around. You.

Eric: Lord almighty, amnesia and you makes for extreme cuteness (even I appreciate it), let's just hope you can remember that you finally got into the holy grail, Sookie's knickers.

Pam: It will be okay and there will be shoes.

Arlene and Terry: Go to work and stay there for the love of all that's holy. I like you best there!

Mikey: I know you like the pretty lady but sweetcheeks that doll just isn't sanitary.

Andy: Wow! You might just get lucky.

Holly: We need to talk.

Sam: You're boring me loverboy, maybe you should shift and we can play fetch.

Tommy: Bad Tommy, bad! This earns you a one way trip to the vet or barring that...... neutering.

Luna: Didn't he just smell wrong?

Alcide: If Debbie pulls any harder on that it's gonna rip off and you ain't a vamp. it won't grow back big fellah.

Jason/Jessica: You guys are cute as can be, do I sense a triangle?

Antonia: You're pissed, we get it! But really girl, go into the light, there's cookies there. I know, Sookie's Gran told me so.

Marnie: Were you dropped on your head as a baby? You give a whole new level to self destructive behavior.

Grandpa: Do. Not. Come. Near. Me. Seriously, I mean it.

Jesus: You should have thought about this.............

Lafayette: Find a paddle hooka because you're heading up shiatsu's creek without one and you're gonna need it.

Tara: Go. Just go!

Renee
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina August 1st 2011, 8:10 pm

Finally watched it..twice LOL LOVED it.

This babydoll crap is annoying me, first and foremost I would have NEVER given my baby an evil looking doll like that...but then is it protecting him?...jury is out on this one.

Tommy flip off, seriously. His whiny nonsense has eclipsed with me already. I feel like putting him in time out :/ Sam, really let Tommy open Merlottes? I did mentally high five Tommy/Sam on the Snooki smackdown. Holly and Andy huh? Kinda cute, I can see it.

I AGREE...I am so SICK of Tara and oh now she wants to be Ms. Lesbian Bad-ass next week? I hope Pam drains her. I am tired of her weak storyline, her conflicting sexuality and her annoying overall contribution to the show.

Jason and Jessica--hope she doesn't walk into the sun, because these two are so freaking cute together. Hoyt is coming across embittered and a true bore lately, sorry Hoyt, think a revisit to Maxine's is in order.

Bill...I actually felt bad! Or it could have been Moyer expressing through thinking "hell she's gotta be enjoying that even if a little bit!" LOL Bill's got himself into a much bigger mess than I think, he even expected.

Marnie and this whole nonsense...let's just say I can see LaLa winning this one for the vamps and maybe earning some fanged loyalty. I do enjoy the witches bit, I'm just irritated the storyline is so good, it may kill some of our favorite vamps lol so mark it as a good irritation.

Debbie and Alcide Sleep Sorry, that's just how I feel. Alcide has really failed to promote any excitement in this gal.

Finally, last but so not least....FANTASTIC FINAL SCENE. I LOVED it! You all know I'm a rough and tumble kind of girl, but AE has won my heart in so many ways. With the blood, gore, violence and soon regained memory, this moment of quiet beauty under the moonlight....*sigh* I adored it beyond my imagination. It was better than the shower scene-because the shower scene compared to this? Would've cheapened the expanding love between Eric and Sookie. This was perfect and as always AB didn't disappoint. I loved it.

Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Butter2 August 5th 2011, 11:24 pm

I have no clue where to start.. Honestly this episode was EPIC! Sookie got told off twice. I have to say I am not a huge King Bill fan I think Pam is right..he enjoys the feel of it that Crown.. but i did like that part. But I still don't like Bill this season. He's not the same at all.
Tommy's scenes were insane... It never crossed my mind when he killed the Mickins that he'd become a Skin Walker. I loved his as Sam.. but you could see the pain on his face when Maxine was talking about him. I hope he gets his act together soon there has to be some good in Tommy somewhere.
Tara Toni who ever you are go away! Even the hubby was like really when they started making out.. i hate that she's getting more screen time then she was before.
La La RUN baby RUN that's all i can say get away from these crazies as fast as you can sugar or Pam is gonna play with you and not in a good way..
Im so happy Jason didn't turn im just scared that those women are pregnant.. that is not gonna end well.

All in all it was a great episode. Antonia is one bad witch though.. i fell sorry for her but she better not harm Pam and Eric any more then she already has!

Eric and Sookie under the moon.. as the song said I wish i was the moon.. That scene was so beautiful.. imho it was the best love scene of the whole series.. It was beautiful.. no blood no hardcore banging.. it was sweet and Eric took his time and engulfed her like a woman should be.. it was perfect..

That is all Razz
Butter2
Vampire
Vampire

http://www.myspace.com/xobutterfliesox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down