Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 3.12 - Evil is Going On

+12
FaerieMusk
Damien
TiffTiff
Fairy
raki
Linzy
westexan
Lina
Aslinn Dhan
Butter2
Violet
GodSpeed
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Episode 3.12 - Evil is Going On Empty Episode 3.12 - Evil is Going On

Post  GodSpeed May 12th 2010, 4:55 pm

Thread will open 1 hour before episode airs.

Sookie saves Eric from dying in sunlight, despite Bill's protests. At Eric's insistence, Sookie also saves Russell, and ties him to a pole in Fangtasia. Hoyt's mother and Summer stage an intervention to get Hoyt away from Jessica, but it backfires and Hoyt asks Jessica to marry him. Sometime later, his mother is shown buying a rifle. Tara learns that Sam is a shapeshifter and that her mother is having an affair with a minister, and leaves Bon Temps. The DEA stages a raid on Hot Shot, but Jason warns the residents, giving Felton enough time to kill Calvin and escape with Crystal and leaving Jason in charge. Lafayette discovers that Jesús is a brujo. Bill and Eric bury Russell alive in cement, then Bill turns the tables on Eric and tries to kill him by doing the same thing. Eric escapes and tells Sookie that Bill was originally sent to Bon Temps to procure her for Sophie-Anne and that he purposely allowed the Rattrays to beat her nearly to death so that he would be able to feed her his blood. Tommy refuses to give Sam back the money he stole from Merlotte's, so Sam shoots at him. After vowing to kill anyone who knows about Sookie's fairy heritage, Bill invites Sophie-Anne to his home for a fight to the death. Sookie visits Gran's grave where she is joined by Claudine and other fairies and transported to their world.
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

https://truebloodcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Episode 3.12 - Evil is Going On Empty Re: Episode 3.12 - Evil is Going On

Post  GodSpeed September 12th 2010, 7:51 pm

1 hour! 1 hour! 1HOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bounce Woo Hoo bounce
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

https://truebloodcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet September 12th 2010, 7:52 pm

I never enjoy season finales. Someone will have to hold me when it's over Sad
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Butter2 September 12th 2010, 8:01 pm

This is depressing.. 😢 pale
Butter2
Vampire
Vampire

http://www.myspace.com/xobutterfliesox

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet September 12th 2010, 10:03 pm

Extremely disappointed!!!!!! I can't express how I feel right now. I'm done.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan September 12th 2010, 10:06 pm

I really need to watch this a coupple more times before I put together my thoughts on this finale....True to form everything is still up in the air. And I am finally glad that the big mission is out in the air...now we can move on....

But, as I said, I will give this epi a good going over and have more complete thoughts....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet September 12th 2010, 10:20 pm

I need a few days too.

Sorry everyone. I don't mean to sound harsh...
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina September 12th 2010, 10:20 pm

I thought it ended very well, alot of loose ends were answered. I too, have to watch a couple more times.
Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan September 12th 2010, 10:55 pm

I have to re-watch too, I missed the first 15mins. Stupid DvR & Cowboys FB :/
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy September 13th 2010, 1:31 am

I can't believe this season is already over again. 😢

Sorry it is a bit long.

I love Tara's new do. I hope she can find some peace.

I really thought we would finally see an end to Arlene's pregnancy drama, but I guess they are insisting on dragging this story on for another season. Poor Terry.

I can't believe they killed Calvin. How exactly is Jason going to care for all those crazy Hot Shot people, seriously, it's Jason.

I really hope Jessica and Hoyt can have a happy ending, at least for a little while. What was that thing on the floor of that house?

Oh Lafayette, you need to get away from that Jesus. These new hallucinations are far worse than the time he drank Eric's blood.

Sookie was acting a little peculiar, especially when she laughingly dumped Talbot down the drain and sprayed Russell with silver. A bit weird. I am glad she saved Eric, if she didn't, she would definitely have been at the top of my sh*t list.

Bill and Eric, these boys will never play nice. I have a feeling Bill is not going to be having a good time next season. Eric is definitely going to return the favor in some form. I know Godric had good intentions but I agreed with Eric's unwillingness to forgive Russell. I know I could not forgive someone for slaughtering my family. But I fear it is not the last we will see of the 3,000 yr. old vamp.

The truth is finally out. And what does Sookie do? She runs to the cemetery and disappears with Claudine. I am really disliking this fairy storyline more and more, it is just too convoluted. I am a bit annoyed by it.

But all is well, Eric has survived. Viking
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina September 13th 2010, 6:39 am

This season was definitely darker.

Russell is just funny, he has some great one-liners and his facial expressions are priceless, even when he's charred. I am thrilled he'll be back in S4.

Steve Newlin, anyone catch that cardboard cutout in the gun store? lol It was pretty funny. Newlin is just fun to see get spanked. I'm sure he will again in S4.

Maxine is a nutcase. She continues to threaten Hoyt and as much as I want to see a happy ending for our favorite young couple....I fear it will be a very long time to come. Between the creepy doll sitting in the room and Maxine's hatred on Jessica, something or someone will break or die in S4. I point to Maxine.

Tommy is such a lost pup. I still can't help but feel for the kid, at times. When you're raised in an environment of dog fighting and the Whiskest of Tango parents....you're not going to be person of the year. Sam should know this, and he's become a real dick IMO. I like Sam slightly screwy, but not full blown ridiculous. Tone it down some.

Tara, sorry babe not digging the afro helmet. Trim that sucker down some, and I'm curious to know where she's going. Maybe we won't be seeing her much, if at all, in S4...I'm not complaining LOL She needs the reset button, I agree with that.

Jason, as I mentioned, he's finally in charge of a group of people, he's smarter than. I think Crystal and her half-brother (gross) will be coming back soon enough. I fear she may be with her own demented baby if she does come back. Maybe Quinn will enter soon enough, not really looking forward to that storyline. lol

I'm actually kind of curious to see what will happen with Arlene and the baby. LaLa's vision didn't look too promising for her. This baby is hanging on though, so it should be interesting. Terry crying like that was pretty funny.

LaLa and HaySoos...nothing but trouble. Haysoos confirmed my suspicions of him being a witch. Where LaLa seems to enjoy that, I fear Haysoos may be getting through LaLa to get to our Eric.

Sookie...yeah. Suckie indeed. Between her ridiculous laugh when she placed Talbot in the drain, and her equally annoying screams at our vamps, I'm glad she went off to Fae land. I need a reset button on Suckie, really. I hope she can do more than shoot light from her hands. Reminds me of a Mortal Kombat game.

Pam, I heart her! Really I do, she's just awesome. I would love to see her fall for someone though, it would be interesting.

Bill. In respect of our Bill girls, I shall refrain from going off when he turned the cement on Eric. He pleads a good case to Suckie, dumb bitch bit down on it and believed it. I guess it leaves me wondering, if Eric didn't show up, would Suckie be at Bill's, at the mercy of QSA? I know when he started his mission, it was to bring Suckie to QSA. I do believe when he says he fell in love with her and it changed, but I can see Suckie's point of not easily forgiving or forgetting that.

Eric. Cement Spotted Hotness. I wanted to bitch slap Suckie for talking shit to him. His "eye fuck" comment at Bill and Alcide was genius. Eric is still nothing short of amazing, and his inner fight with Godric appearing and his decision, will come back to haunt him, I fear. Between Holly and Haysoos and a new witch to be introduced...S4 will most likely lead down the book path for Eric. Which means I better see some naked Viking showering! Woot!

Overall, I loved the finale after watching it again. I actually didn't have a bunch of questions like I did in S1 or feel annoyed as I did in S2. I felt satisfied. Good job AB!

Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan September 13th 2010, 9:36 am

Wow, I hope I am not alone in this, but this episode didn't just grab me and suck me in like many of the others have. I agree with you Linzy, I am not getting this Fae world thing. I wish they wouldn't act so weak and scared. I was shocked by only one thing this episode...........Sam. I don't really think he shot
Tommy in the back, but who is this guy?? You brought Tommy into your life, now you are just gonna trash him, what the hell did you expect? I am starting to believe the Sam we knew was only a smug cover for someone more disturbing and I hate that. I was surprised at Bill throwing Eric in the cement, but not shocked. Of course he would survive, HELLO :| not shocking at all for me. I am finding Sookie more and more NOT Sookie, ya know? Shrug I have more, but it will have to wait.
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan September 13th 2010, 10:06 am

SO here are my thoughts:

I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed by this finale.... Tara seems to be taking the high road, Sookie is gone to Barbie's Fairy Playland, and Bill is up in the air with QSA.

I am actually glad that Bill did 'fess up to being sent by the Queen. At least now we cam move on...though the addition of the Rattrays was just a bit much...but hey, Bill didn't know Sookie then and didn't care about her...so...big effing deal in my book.

The thing with Eric and Bill and Bill trying to do Eric in...that was a bit much and I have to agree with the Eric girls, I didn't care for it...

THe thing with Eric was straight out of Hamlet. Hamlet sees his Uncle in his prayers and debates whether or not to kill him now, when his soul is ripe for heaven or to wait til he is knee deep in his sins and do the deed so he will go to hell. Acting as Ghost who guides Hamlet/Eric's hand is Godric. Eric seems both defiant and remorseful in front of his maker's ghost. But then, this leaves the door open for Russell to be rescued somehow.

Sookie pouring Talbot down the drain was pretty mean, but she did the most harm she could think of. Still, it makes me wonder if Russell really intended to resurrect Talbot with Sookie's blood in a maniacal Dr. Frankenstein-esque plan...Seems plausible if unlikely.

I could have used more Jessica and Hoyt this season and less of Sam and his dark past and Jason and his jealousy over the new QB1...IN a show that is an hour long and twelve weeks, the time spent with Jason and this plot line was precious time lost for the development of say Hot Shot and his involvement with the panthers...now the witless "King of Hot Shot" it is a case of the blond leading the blind...

The thing with Tara's mom was another time waster and could have been used to make more of Lala's and Jesus' big romance and magikal entanglements and the plot with Arlene and Holly would have been a great way to have the witches introduced if it hadn't been so wrong.

Same with Sam. I liked the stuff about his natural parents, but the time wasted on the exploration of Sam's dark past was again another time waster where his story line or the storyline of another character could have been expanded.

But, I have to say, that this season, even with its nicks and dings was far superior to last season with it's relentless tedium with the Maenad arc, and though I would have done a better job with the Fae and introducing Claudine into the storyline, I have thoroughly enjoyed this season and I look forward to next season....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki September 13th 2010, 10:13 am

Not gonna lie... Lina you summed things up great, I pretty much agree with your entire post! lol
I still need to rewatch, but I really liked this finale (after only one viewing mind you). Overall I really enjoyed this season as whole, but I agree with you Aslinn...some of the extra stuff with Jason/Tara/Sam was not needed and could have been used to really develope another plot in the show.

I can't wait for S4 now!

Episode 3.12 - Evil is Going On Tumblr_l8od5nFJfO1qarg1io1_500

The creepy doll makes me wonder if BW Summer has been in the house...what are her and Maxine up to? Makes me worried for Jessica No
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Butter2 September 13th 2010, 10:32 am

Oh Raki i forgot that BW is into dolls.. that's a good speculation..

I need to view the episode again to really get out what i want to say. All i know is my mouth was open for most of the whole show.. I loved the finale! I love the fact that Tara went to her mom. The look on her face when she told Lettie Mae that she wished her the best of luck looked to me like she finally has let go of all the poop Lettie Mae has drug her through. I dunno. I really need to watch again to have my opnions.
Butter2
Vampire
Vampire

http://www.myspace.com/xobutterfliesox

Back to top Go down

Post  raki September 13th 2010, 11:06 am

I should say that I do enjoy seeing more of the other characters, thats part of why I love the show (its not just Sookie). But its hard not to think about how the time could be used for something we might feel is more important or exciting. Butter you had a great point with Tara and Lettie Mae, it was great seeing that moment. Even if I wish we had more time for some of the other plots. Thats it, the show just needs to be two hours every Sunday! Razz
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet September 13th 2010, 11:21 am

First- I'd like to apologize if I seemed too negative last night. I should have thought before I typed, but after a nights rest I can discuss the episode.

Well, one thing is for sure, I still don't like it. I will say what I did like first:

Sookie reading the gossip magazine with Russell and the anchorman on the cover. That was funny.

Bill saying, "you're mad as a hatter." Hah.

Godric making his ghostly appearance, yay!

Instead of just bashing the episode I just want to look at the season as a whole. I thought it was way better than season 2, but still had a lot of weak points. In my opinion, season 1 was all about Sookie. We got to know who this girl was. Season 2 was more centered around Eric. We got to see a whole new other side to him that even the Bill fans could appreciate. I very much enjoyed the change in him. Season 3 was all about Bill. Stephen Moyer said it best, how far was Bill willing to go to protect Sookie? He was going to re-embrace being a vampire for her. That was certainly true and he was even willing to let her go as he felt it would be safer for her. He has left her more than once this season (the break up phone call, at Alcide's when he said it was too late for him, the mutual break up at the hospital, then sadly the last few minutes of the finale). He certainly was willing to sacrifice his happiness for her.

This season was a lot funnier with a lot of crazy characters,but the storylines dragged on too much and there were too many of them. Loved the Mississippi stuff, the Bon Temps after wasn't that great. Sookie went to work like what, once this this season? There was no communication that we saw between her and Sam. Would have liked to have seen her less with the vampire mess but when is that ever going to happen for her. The minor characters were barely in this season. Mike Spencer? Jane Bodehouse? Bud Dearborn? I missed them.

I did not like one bit how Sookie reacted with putting Talbot down the drain. That was not the Sookie I know. A lot of us are not fans of Sookie, but I had always liked her. She never bugged me that much, I understood her actions. This episode I finally saw what you guys were talking about. And then her trying to flirt with Alcide? Wanting him to say that he came just to see her? Oh God! I was very annoyed with her at that point.

Tara's reaction with Sam being a shapeshifter? That made me sad. I understand the girl hasn't had too much good luck with supes, but she knows Sam. It shouldn't change the way she feels about him. Though, his character is worrying me right now. Could he really shoot his brother? Maybe he just shot near him or at his leg or something. The look on his face didn't make him look like he regretted it either, we'll see.

Jason and Hot Shots. I really expected him to be the cliffhhanger, it would have been a lot better. I didn't uderstand this scene. Especially didn't understand why they had to kill off Calvin. That's a change from the books I didn't appreciate. So is the next season going to be him looking for Crystal? Let her go, Jason. She's not worth it.

Jessica and Hoyt. Not enough of them. The intervention was pretty cute, but that didn't help the situation. I didn't see correctly, at the gunstore did they have wooden bullets? They had a cardboard cutout of Steve Newlin so I was just wondering. That won't be a good thing.

Lafayette and Jesus. I don't think Jesus is bad, I think he can help Lafayette. Same thing had happened to him already. Something about seeing the secrets people are hiding. That's why Lafayette saw Sam with blood on his hands, and Renee with Arlene. Scary stuff. I thought it was kind of funny that Jesus called himself a brujo, I knew what that was right away.

Okay now for the uncomfortable bits. At first I was happy to see that Bill and Eric were working together in getting rid of Russell (even if I didn't want him gone). When Bill put his hand out to shake Eric's, I thought "see this two can somehow get along." But nope. Bill pushes Eric into the cement. My first reaction was, "great, the Eric girls are going to love this." Sorry, guys but of course I knew it wasn't going to be good for Bill. When they did that I was turned off imediately from the episode. Then it just got worse.

Bill leaving Sookie again. I expected it and was okay with it, she was too. Again, he was sincere when he told her he loved her but his explanation on why he had to kill Eric and Pam? I don't know...it could make sense I suppose, but I didn't like it. Sookie didn't seem that uspet about it which suprised me even more. I thought she was going to go crazy on him, but it looks like she really is sick of vampires. Then Eric comes back. I wasn't relieved only because I knew what was coming. That scene was extremely hard to watch. I thought I had prepared myself for it, but nope. I predicted that was going to come out in the third season since the beginning of season two, but the Rattray set up? My jaw dropped. I was done at that point. I had forgotten that AB had said that Sookie's reaction to the mission in the books was too over dramatic and that wasn't a valid reason for her to hate Bill (yeah I agree with that). So I guess the Rattrays was added for that. Why this upset me so much is that Bill has already been losing a lot of support since season 2, this just drove a stake through it. How is he ever going to redeem himself? Is there any point for him to do so now? I will always stand by Bill, but I can't tolerate anymore Bill hating.

I hope he takes the Queen down. So over her. "I have nothing to lose." Sad

Sookie in faeland? Weak cliffhanger. I'm guessing we will meet Niall. Joe (Alcide) last night said he would love to see David Bowie play him. Great idea!

Okay, I've written a book here and again I apoloize if I sounded too negative. These are just my opinions. I'm not going to be too excited about the upcoming seasons just how I was with reading after book 3. The last few episodes were actually a bore for me and have only watched these episodes once. So, I think my excitement has winded down a bit...

Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan September 13th 2010, 11:58 am

Great analysis, and I had not thought of David Bowie though he did play the goblin king in Labyrinth and he looked great....

Yeah, for all my yapping and yammering, I really like the season....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet September 13th 2010, 12:50 pm

Was it because Russell and Eric had Sookie's blood they didn't burn up the way Godric did? I know it allowed them in the sun for a bit but they still burned.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan September 13th 2010, 1:05 pm

Yes, Sookie's fairy blood helped them be in the sun for a short time before they actually began burning. The reason Bill didn't burn that time he saw Claudine was that he was...for lack of a better word...dreamwalking in Faery and the light, presumably is different because the light was more about the magikal light of the Fae, not the sun. The blood acted as a conduit for Bill to enter Faery and chat with Claudine...
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet September 13th 2010, 1:16 pm

Speaking of Claudine, I hope she can put some sense into Sookie. Since she has met Bill she should know he isn't a bad man. They don't need to be together, I just don't want Sookie to hate him.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy September 13th 2010, 3:43 pm

Aslinn, you must have been picking me up on some cosmic beeper when you wrote your review. I agree with everything you said. I could not have expressed my feelings any better than that. My biggest disappoint with Season 3 relates to what AB has done to some of the characters we have come to love so much.

Sam, seriously? Did you really need to shoot your brother? I hope that was just a warning shot. Jason, all I can say to you is... good luck buddy in Hot Shot. Tara, go somewhere and get your head screwed on straight. Sookie, have you lost it too? Claudine, what kind of fairy are you? Maxine, exactly what do you plan to do with that gun and wooden bullets?

Our favorite characters have endured so much trauma this season that some of them appear to have at least temporarily lost their minds. Or, as Melinda Mickens puts it, their cheese has done slid off their crackers. Sookie sounded evil pouring Talbot's remains into the disposal. One might expect that from a vampire, not Sookie. And Bill. Bill, what have you done? It was really hard to watch him try to kill Eric. I was so hoping my two favorite vampires would work together to take care of Russell and Sophie Ann. AB has made Bill unnecessarily dark. I blame that on AB, not Bill.

And the waiting starts all over again. It still sucks.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffTiff September 13th 2010, 4:17 pm

I will write a bigger review later, but I am disappointed with what they did with Bill. I still like Bill, I get why he did it. He has good intentions and I hope she realizes that at some point. I am still an Eric girl, but that whole Bill situation was a bit overdone.
TiffTiff
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien September 13th 2010, 5:07 pm

On True Blood ...love= Death Wish

I think the show needs less characters.

Hoyt will die or become a vamp next season.

My biggest disappointment... is that we did not see a Jessica and Lafayette interaction.
Damien
Damien
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  FaerieMusk September 13th 2010, 5:20 pm

This season was better than last season. We had action packed episodes every week with little filler. I appreciate that. I'm sad it is over...last night didn't seem like a finale to me.

I take issue with a few things. One, AB's struggle to keep reinventing Bill is a bit schizophrenic and unnecessary. I enjoyed the first few seasons seeing Bill take a larger role in the series (minus the time he slapped Eric...that seemed odd to me) and I liked that Stephen Moyer commands such a great presence. It's not easy to steal a scene from a 6'4" Viking but he did it a few times and as the show has progressed I've warmed up to Bill considerably. I feel like AB's choices to villainize Bill for impact is a repeat pattern of his treatment of Eric in the first season. I didn't like it when Bill was the one to stake Longshadow instead of Eric and was ALWAYS the one to come to the rescue...and I don't like that Bill allowed Sookie to get the shit kicked out of her by the Rattrays. I don't think Bill's gentleman qualities are dependent upon his love for Sookie. I like to think that Bill is that way without her. Sure he had his years of debauchery with Lorena...but Bill is intrinsically good and I just can't don't want to envision him as anything less. He is smart enough and resourceful enough to have figured out a different way (besides brutalizing the poor girl) to carry out his mission.

I have the same feeling towards AB's treatment of Sam. Sam's appeal is his steadfast and dependable nature. Did Sam and Sookie interact at all this season? Sookie would turn to Sam and he would get annoyed and angry with her for putting herself in danger...but at the very least we saw how important Sam was to Sookie. Who is Sam important to now? He sure isn't winning any popularity contests with the people of Bon Temps and I can't imagine who this dark and twisty Sam storyline is appealing to.

And...is it just me or does anyone else think that every glowy fairy scene look like a feminine hygiene commercial? What the Crazy ? They've jumped the shark with the fairies I think!!!
FaerieMusk
FaerieMusk
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next