Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 3.02 – Beautifully Broken

+15
Sian
westexan
FaerieMusk
Aslinn Dhan
SugarMags
SweetAndWild
Imagine
Fyre
Only1JenB
Lina
Damien
Linzy
Butter2
raki
GodSpeed
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Episode 3.02 – Beautifully Broken Empty Episode 3.02 – Beautifully Broken

Post  GodSpeed May 12th 2010, 5:07 pm

Ready for tonight's episode? I know I am.

Sam Merlotte gets to know his shifter birth family in Arkansas. Meanwhile, Bill is an unwilling guest at the home of Russell Edgington, the vampire King of Mississippi, who has ambitions to take over Louisiana. Jessica seeks advice from Pam on feeding off humans and on the disposal of bodies. Lafayette and Tara visit Lafayette's mother in a psychiatric institution. Eric arrives at Sookie's home to protect her from werewolves.
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

https://truebloodcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Episode 3.02 – Beautifully Broken Empty Re: Episode 3.02 – Beautifully Broken

Post  GodSpeed June 20th 2010, 7:57 pm

Thread Open
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

https://truebloodcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  raki June 20th 2010, 10:01 pm

Great episode! I'm really loving this season so far, even if it just started.

I loved the King and Talbot, the dinner scene was great. Talbot is the vamp verson of Martha Stewart LOL. It will be interesting to see how Russell uses Bill to try and marry QSA, how will Talbot handle sharing his man? I'm not happy about them keeping Bill against his will, but I'd rather him be with Russell than Cooter and the gang at this point.

But it is nice seeing Bill be more vampire and less mainstrean, I think seeing him away from Soookeh (Anna was great with that! LOL) will only show us more of this side. Speaking of that, I can't wait to see how they handle that hinden file on Sookie that Franklin found.

Spoiler:

Really enjoyed Tara and Lafayette in this episode. The scene in the hospital after visiting Ruby = amazing. I'm happy to see that they are there for each other, and how sweet to see what Lafayette works so hard for! I'm still really worried for Tara, but I enjoyed watching her character more this episode then the first. Can't wait to see more Jesus, and he better be nice to our Lafayette...thats all I got to say for now!

I don't need to even mention how amazing I thought Askars/ Eric was Wink Viking

The only thing that bugged me a bit was the whole meth lab out at Hot Shot, I'm don't mind them being Whiskey Tango at all...but do they need to make / sell meth? I've always thought of Calvin being better then that. However, I trust AB and the writers ...who knows what will happen out in that strange little community.

Last edited by raki on June 21st 2010, 10:04 am; edited 3 times in total
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Butter2 June 20th 2010, 10:03 pm

One of my most favorite episodes!!! I agree with Raki i need to collect my thoughts more.. I loved the scenes with Tara and Lafayette..

Poor Jessica and Hoyt...
Butter2
Vampire
Vampire

http://www.myspace.com/xobutterfliesox

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy June 20th 2010, 10:03 pm

This episode was better than the first! Loved it!
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien June 20th 2010, 10:24 pm

That mysterious vampire means trouble. He did help Jessica with the body. Shrug
Damien
Damien
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina June 20th 2010, 10:59 pm

Eric was tantalizing in this epi. I wanted to hold on and bite him right! My heart cried with Hoyt and Jessica Sad This new dude, Sexy Ugly (my nick for him) for Tara should prove to be interesting.
Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB June 21st 2010, 12:22 am

This episode was awesome! I loved the "Santa" part! I liked that we got a flash back to Godric and Erics time. I am looking forward to seeing Alcide, hopefully next episode! This season is getting better and better!
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Fyre June 21st 2010, 1:22 am

I must start with WTF was the Snoop Dogg video afterwards? And why was his dancers dressed as Sookie? :Confused:

Ok now that I got that out, on to the episode.

I feel bad for Jessica and Hoyt. I really hope these two figure it out. Though I though Jessica looked great with the saw.

I died laughing at Sookies impression of Bill. I had to hit pause so I could catch my breath. I liked her exchange with Eric. She is stronger then me, because he would have already been in my house "protecting" me. SS

A lot of new characters were introduced in this episode.

Lorena on fire! Got to love it! cheers
Fyre
Fyre
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  Imagine June 21st 2010, 6:36 am

i loooved this epsiode, ep 1 was like a round up to sort out loose ends and now it kicks it off and i loved every minute of it.

Jason impressed me this episode, his one liners and the expression on his face when he was drunk just had me.

The new vampire was crazy scary lol but i cant wait to see what he is all about and how he was in Bill's reading that file. I wonder if they are going by the books?

And Bill setting Lorena on fire just made me squee with joy, i am honestly prefering season 3 Bill over the other two seasons. he is less of a human now and more of a vampire.
Imagine
Imagine
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetAndWild June 21st 2010, 8:51 am

Loved the episode! Love Jason, I too died at Sookie's impression of Bill. I thought hte exchange between Sookie and Eric was great. I loved seeing so more of Terry as well. Cant wait for next week!!
SweetAndWild
SweetAndWild
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  raki June 21st 2010, 8:52 am

Episode 3.02 – Beautifully Broken Tumblr_l4d3103clL1qctm1eo1_400

hehehe Razz
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina June 21st 2010, 9:08 am

LOL Raki!!!! That's awesome. That part made me laugh, like wtf.

The Snoop Dog video had me rolling my eyes Pam style. I guess since AB was like um no you're not getting a part he let him sing.
Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  SugarMags June 21st 2010, 9:08 am

OMG Raki!! I was clapping like a two-year-old with a Happy Meal when Bill did that!!!
SugarMags
SugarMags
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 21st 2010, 10:50 am

I think this was a great epi..It set up so many plots for this season.

Plot One: The King of Mississippi and Bill. Looks like we are going to see what Bill is up to (sigh) and we will see a little something from Book Seven with Russell trying to get the queen joined with his kingdom...wonder if that other plot is brewing.

Plot Two- Lafayette and Tara and Franklin...okay so this is a multifaceted plot. Like Lafayette's talents, these three are tangled up together like a can of fishing worms. Loved seeing Tara taking out her aggression on the red necks and though I know this is a part of some deeper scheme, but I am all for it.
Lafayette and Jesus...that is going to be interesting, but I think the sub plot with Lafayette's mother (even though it is played by Alfrie Woodard) is a throw away story.

Plot Three: Eric and Godric's little story line was very good and the emerging layer of the BV's emotional evolution will be something to see. I liked the way Sookie pointed out some things to Eric, like first he is sweet and helpful and then he says something nasty....It is good for Eric, it makes him think.

Plot Four: The Jason story line was very good last night. It was a good way to introduce Hot Shot, Crystal, and Jason's possible future.

Plot Five: I was a wee bit disappointed in the Sam plot....I wonder if Sam is so anxious to have family around him that he is willing to over look a very simple truth: That these people are real white trash. Did anyone else get the feeling that Tommy does some dog fighting on the side, perhaps at the will and pleasure of his father? What if they want the same with Sam? Rut Roh Sam...says Scooby Doo

But this was a great epi....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki June 21st 2010, 11:00 am

Lina wrote:LOL Raki!!!! That's awesome. That part made me laugh, like wtf.

The Snoop Dog video had me rolling my eyes Pam style. I guess since AB was like um no you're not getting a part he let him sing.

This ones for you Lina...

Episode 3.02 – Beautifully Broken Wchlkz

LMAO Viking

Aslinn - Couldn't agree with you more about Sam's plot, stay away Sam! Great theory on Tommy, I'm worried that the family will try and take advantage of Sam in some way...what happens when they find out about his bar?
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 21st 2010, 11:17 am

Oh and I forgot one:

Jessica and Hoyt....I hope they don't break up....I want to see them work things out
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  FaerieMusk June 21st 2010, 1:09 pm

I don't have anything new to add! This was a great episode. I thought Bill was excellent. I enjoy how AB has given him a distinct voice and has really layered his character beyond CH's books. It's hard not to like Bill...even from Team Eric's bench! Speaking of Team Eric...Lord Almightly. He was so yummy this episode. I loved the flashbacks and the moments of introspection that we were privvy to.
What surprised me the most was my interest in Tara this episode. I didn't have any urges to take a bathroom break during her scenes. It helped that Lafayette was with her...but I really am starting to like where her character is headed and I like that AB has asigned meaning to her struggle. The darkness is interesting! Jesus is a hottie! Looking forward to Lafayette and Jesus!
I like how they have set up the discovery of Sookie's file and the interlocking connections from Franklin to Tara to Sookie and Franklin to Jessica to Bill to Sookie. He's weaving quite a web.
Now...BRING ON ALCIDE!!! Cheer Leader
FaerieMusk
FaerieMusk
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan June 21st 2010, 1:45 pm

Now that I have been able to watch the entire episode, THANK YOU ON DEMAND for working this morning!! I really enjoyed this episode, it brought alot to the table. Bill, oh Bill, you are in some trouble for sure, now how deep is yet to be seen. No Eric, well, I really liked the flashbacks and how he is struggling with his "emotions"! I really am starting to feel horrible for Jessica, although she seems to be trying hard to go at it alone. Tara, dear, you have no idea what you are getting yourself into, FM looks very scary and vicious. The Sam thing, I agree with everyone, they are going to use and abuse him if his good ole brother doesn't get him killed first. Jason, well, he always has me entertained. Good work AB!!! Oh, I too loved how Sookie said "SOOOKIE" like Bill, that was pretty good!!
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sian June 21st 2010, 2:51 pm

Only watched it once so far, these are my thoughts for now..

I love how this program is developing, adding new characters and layers of plots. bounce

Sam, is in for a world of pain from that family. But family they are and Sam being the loyal character he is will get sucked in, I'm seeing heartbreak ahead.

Franklin Mott, oh dear, he will bring out the darkness in Tara and no mistake. Though it was nice to see her "work through" some of her grief thanks to him. I too am more interested in her story now.

Lafayette continues to intrigue me with his secrets.

Bill, nice to see he can be tough, way to go fighting the Werewolves and attacking Lorena!

Eric and Sookie continue to interest each other. I love how Eric is getting in touch with his feelings. Godrics line " A vampire dominates his emotions", tells us a lot about how he became such a shielded personality, I wonder how much more love he is capable of.

Russell Edgington, exactly how I pictured him!!
Sian
Sian
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy June 21st 2010, 5:16 pm

Lina, I totally get what you are saying about Franklin. There is something there that is making me crazy, he's got that mysterious, dangerous thing going on. Plus I like that accent.

I am so interested to see how weres acquire a vampire as a master. I am especially interested in exactly who this master Eric and Godric are looking for.

It was also interesting to see the differences between Godric then and the Godric we saw last season. The flashback showed us a Godric that only cared about survival, especially when it came to emotions. We see that he did evolve since that time.

The king is one interesting character. I don't think that Talbot knows that the king wants to marry QSA. He looked around as if making sure Talbot wasn't around before he told Bill his intentions.

I like how they are allowing us to see this side of Eric early on, with regards to his feelings for Sookie. It will set up a good foundation for season 4.

Last edited by Linzy on June 21st 2010, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueBell June 21st 2010, 6:23 pm

Hey Y'all !!
First time in here for me. Just got home and wanted to add my thoughts!!

Good to see Bill get some payback on the weres. They were so awful to him.

Bill laughing was so wonderful, what a beautiful smile he has. I wish we could see it more often. Although I believe that Cooter will be getting his own payback for that.

I wonder why it is that Russell wants Bill?? He is offering him a sheriffs position, but it seems as if it is a bribe. I know that Bill is intelligent and it is a compliment to be called the most promising young vamp, but could it be that Russelll wants something sop much more? Info on SA perhaps. He seems to be going to great lengths to get Bill. Why not just ask him to come for a chat?? Bill has been there before.
They must have been following Bill to know he was at the restaurant.

It seems that Russell does not yet know what Sookie is, but he will use her if necessary to get Bill to join them? Thus Bill pushing Sookie away to protect her.

I loved Talbot. He has a lot of the fun outgoing flamboyance that we see in Lafayette. He was adoreable with Bill.
I wonder if the silver doors will have a significane later on.

Loved Erics flashback (Godric...Yea!). So glad he was not a true Nazi. That would have been awful.
I wonder if it was an oversight but Eric told Lorena that he had not seen Godric for more than 70 years, yet we see them together in 1945???????

As to Eric all of a sudden softening up, I think what is happening slowly is that Eric is feeling Sookies deeeeeep love, desire and fear for Bill. It is being channeled to him. Through this we mayv see a change starting in him.
"Dont do that, it makes me feel disturbingly human"
But he still lies to her as well.

Jessica and Hoyt......are they going to be starcrossed too??
I worried that the dead body in her home may get Bill in to trouble in the future. I can see Bill taking the fall for her. But now I think that Franklin took the trucker, but why?????

Franklin!!!! I am so going to love this character. I am so happy that they kept his Brit accent!!
He will be bad for Tara then again he may be a bit good for her. Not sure yet.

He has been sent to find info on Bill. Why? Does Russell know or believe that there is a secret mission that Bill is on? Could it be that Russell has heard that SA may have some kind of secret weapon, meaning Sookies ability?
I feel for our sweet Bill. He was only doing the queens orders as does Eric, but fell hoplessly and completely in love. It will come back to haunt him and almost destroy him I fear. Sad

Lafayett!! I adore Lafayette more and more and then some more! what a great guy. So all the jobs were to pay for taking care of mom! Awwwe! He is so good to Tara also

Sam.. dont know what Sam hopes to accomplish by seeing his family other than closure. I think that Tommy may be being used in Dogfighting, thus the many scars. OK, if that is so, I will truly detest these people. I hope he can save his little brother but at the same time watch his back (and trucks on the road).
Sam neeeeeeds a good woman.

Oh and so loving our Pam!! Pretty and deadly in pink. I bet she can still weild a chainsaw expertly in her favorite pumps.
BTW, I have always thought that Pam was the one to abduct Laffy at the end of S1. They seem to have this hate/hate relationship going on.

Whew, I think thats it!!

Episode 3.02 – Beautifully Broken Untitled1
BlueBell
BlueBell
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaTypeA+ June 21st 2010, 10:38 pm

That was a great episode :) I have to agree with who ever said it before, I was slightly bummed that Calvin was sort of trashy. I literally laughed out loud at Sookies impression of Bill... we were repeating it in my office all morning!
NevadaTypeA+
NevadaTypeA+
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 22nd 2010, 9:57 am

You have that the wrong way around BlueBelle...Lorena told Eric she had not seen Bill in over 70 years....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueBell June 22nd 2010, 10:28 am

Aslinn Dhan wrote:You have that the wrong way around BlueBelle...Lorena told Eric she had not seen Bill in over 70 years....

Actually Aslinn, I believe I just worded it wrong.
Lorena said to Eric that she had not seen Bill in over 70 years and Eric replied that he had not seen his maker for longer than that, but is still fiercely loyal. So according to Eric it was longer than 70 years since he had seen Godric. That is why I was wondering if this was an oversight on the writers part.

Episode 3.02 – Beautifully Broken Untitled1
BlueBell
BlueBell
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next