Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too

+14
Barrister
Fairy
Aslinn Dhan
westexan
Imagine
Sian
Lina
Violet
Linzy
SweetAndWild
Renee
Only1JenB
Fyre
GodSpeed
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too Empty Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too

Post  GodSpeed May 12th 2010, 5:07 pm

Thread will open 1 hour before episode airs.

Still searching for Bill, Sookie heads to Jackson, Mississippi, with Alcide, a werewolf bodyguard assigned by Eric to protect her. Sam's birth family pay him an unexpected visit at Merlotte's. Jason decides to become a police officer. Sheriff Bud Dearborne resigns in frustration. Arlene discovers she is pregnant and suspects that the baby's father may be Rene. Franklin charms Tara and disposes of a body for Jessica, but wants information on Bill in return. Eric buys Lafayette an expensive new car as an incentive. Haunted by visions from his past, Bill pledges his allegiance to the King of Mississippi. Bill and Lorena have a violent sexual encounter.
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

https://truebloodcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too Empty Re: Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too

Post  GodSpeed June 27th 2010, 8:23 pm

Sorry this was late, got caught up in the house.

30 minutes!
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

https://truebloodcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fyre June 27th 2010, 8:25 pm

Bring on the Vampires! Happy
Fyre
Fyre
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB June 27th 2010, 8:26 pm

So ready! I am so glad that I didn't get called in!!
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Renee June 27th 2010, 8:27 pm

That's terrific Jen. My HBO is back too thank heavens.

Renee
Renee
Renee
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetAndWild June 27th 2010, 10:21 pm

Shocked Shocked

Oh.....Oh... what to say?

For starters.... the BV was fabulous, especially with Lafayette! I may be alone in this but on one hand I really enjoy Franklin. I think he add alot of humor. Alcide may cause some disruption in my thoughts for Eric..... Overall thought it was a fabulous episode... I must say though, I wasnt all that shocked by the "crazy sex scene" that everyone had been going on about. Im not sure what I was expecting, but it kinda just left me with an "Oh, that was it?" feeling. The next previews look insane! Though it said not for two weeks so I suppose were not getting a new episode on the 4th. Cant wait!
SweetAndWild
SweetAndWild
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB June 27th 2010, 10:33 pm

This episode was really good. Alcide is looking all kinds of pretty and BV is always wonderful. Last 3 minutes with Bill and Lorena was a HUGE scratch but overall good episode.
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy June 27th 2010, 10:52 pm

I don't know what to say?

The Viking was delicious as ever, of course. I love how he nodded when Sookie asked him if he would be able to feel if she was in trouble.
I feel bad for Arlene and Terry. He was so excited, I wonder if she is going to tell him the truth.
It was really nice of Sookie to pay for Eggs' funeral, even after what happened with Tara.
What can I say about Alcide that hasn't already been said, but it was really stupid of him to leave Sookie alone amongst all the other weres.
It was heartbreaking to see Bill with his family.
I am anxious to see if the king was really convinced at Bill's change in fealty.
Is it me, or does the king always find a way to get Talbot to leave the room?
I am also surprised that the king has never heard of Eric.

Bill, Bill, Bill, I don't know what to say about what happened at the end with Lorena. Shrug
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet June 27th 2010, 11:19 pm

I enjoyed this week's episode more than last weeks.

I love that Sookie stepped in and paid for Egg's funeral. That was a sweet moment between her and Tara.

The Bill flashback was kinda tough. My poor Bill. He sure has suffered a lot. It killed me to see him crying over his son.

Alcide was great to see, though his accent kind of bugged me in the beginning. I think it was more he was trying to find his way around it, but it did eventually come natural to him. I wish to have seen more interaction between him and Sookie, like during the drive to Jackson. I guess they want this guy to be a mystery for the non-readers.

The last scene was very disturbing. Not because Bill and Lorena had sex, just the way he was having sex with her. Ugh! I do still believe he passionately hates her and is only giving in to save those he loves. But Bill, release your anger some place else, please! He's going to hate himself even more now Sad
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB June 27th 2010, 11:35 pm

I said he should have just ripped her head off....that twisting it around was just weird...lol.
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet June 27th 2010, 11:48 pm

I really did think he was going to snatch her head off. I wouldn't have minded that :)
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Fyre June 28th 2010, 3:46 am

To start with, nice to see you Pam. Shocked (She did look great though.)

I kind of like Franklin. He's interresting. Even though the sex scene made me go huh. I am looking forward to more story with him. It was funny him calling Jessica " a delightful , baby vampire".

Hello Alcide! More eye candy.

Eric was sexy as ever. Viking
I loved the exchange between him and Lafayette. He called Lafayette's house a "strange plywood hut". Laughing

Sam needs to run the opposite way from his "family". They are bad news all the way.

Bill, Bill, Bill,Bill..... what did you do? No So I get that he was trying to prove to Lorena that he is over Sookie, to save Sookie. But really? The whole spinning of the head thing, ewww.And she is just sick.
Fyre
Fyre
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  Only1JenB June 28th 2010, 4:06 am

Yea when Franklin sort of reared up I guess...lol...I looked at GS and said "don't ever do that...it's weird." LOL (sorry if TMI)
Only1JenB
Only1JenB
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina June 28th 2010, 5:15 am

LOL Jen!

Franklin Mott aka Sexy Ugly is freaking hysterical! He's exactly what this show needed. Talbot is equally funny "Zima, right?" LOL

Eric...I'm really ADORING him this season, moreso than last. His dormant caring emotions are coming through and I find that incredibly awesome. His protection for Sookie is amazing and who else lol'd when he patted the wreath? The car to Lafayette was pretty awesome too. We see his wild, vampire side..but Eric has always been honest about being a vamp, so yeah, he had me riveted this epi.

Pam looked freaking hot when I saw TB again last night. That outfit was stellar....poor non-speaking Yvetta, simply a piece of ho meat LOL

Jessica is so damn adorable, I died when I saw the exchange between her and Mott.

Bud quitting? LOL Poor guy can't handle this insanity. Luckily, Jason burned the application "next question!'

Tara now sees the big googly over our vamps. Welcome to it, love.

Sookie actually had me cheering for her last night. It took brass balls to put herself out there and find the idiot who kidnapped Bill. It's Al (seed)...I always thought it was Al (side) LOL He was a good character, bigger than I thought, but Eric has me dedicated to him.

Poor Sam...mooching family found him!

Bill. Ok this may sound odd coming from an Eric girl, but I always wanted Sook to stay with a vamp. Didn't matter if it were Bill or Eric. Bill's flashback of his son and wife had me in tears! He's such a young vamp and he didn't have a maker like Godric or Eric, he had an evil bitch. Sure, the sex I figured would come between him and Lorena...but the twisting head had me laughing, but I understood his rage. He wants to be normal, he wants to be human and love Sookie....but he allows tricks on his mind and conscious to tell him he will only hurt her, and pushes himself to distance himself from mainstream. I actually felt my heartbreak a little when I saw that change in him (remember I was a Bill girl first). Stephen plays such a convincing southern gent Bill, it was harsh seeing him turn on himself.

Alas, I loved this episode and will biting my nails till the 11th!
Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sian June 28th 2010, 7:03 am

Oh Bill! Why does he let Lorena manipulate him so, rip her head off!! That was a really ugly scene at the end, but way to go True Blood company for really pushing the boundaries!! I think that "fun moment" will drag Bill down to depths beyond beleif.

I have to say I was dissapointed with the scene at the Were bar. Sookie was ridiculous and there was so much good stuff missing, remember the valet parking service? I much prefer the one in the book.

Mmmm Franklin, so who does he work for? Curiouser and curiouser Very Happy

Sian
Sian
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Imagine June 28th 2010, 9:39 am

Franklin and tara's sex scene made me a bit uncomfortable and that is a first considering we have seen so much sex over the seasons lol but that made me a bit creeped out.

Can someone explain, was Bill under his makers orders? or did he do that on his own accord. I cant explain why he would do that lol.

overall, a brilliant episode again. cant wait for more, just got to wait a few weeks.
Imagine
Imagine
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan June 28th 2010, 10:28 am

I am so glad to see an episode that screams TRUEBLOOD!! What a great episode, it had some downs, but overall I am very pleased with how things are going----minus one tiny little hiccup. That Bill and Lorena scene was disturbing on so many levels, I just don't know where to begin. I feel he was not under her orders, I think it was more of a "I hate you and this is how I am going to hurt you." The trouble with all that is she wanted him to do it and he fell right into it. This is going to be the undoing of him and Sookie if you ask me. Whatever information he had on her could have, maybe, been forgiven(well who knows with how childish she has been acting) But having sex with someone else just can't be undone, especially with Lorena, who Sookie already hates and I am not sure how they are going to play into the whole, "she's his maker, he had to go/do it. UGH, I just don't know how to feel about our Bill. I really enjoyed all of Eric's scenes, I think he is up to no good giving LaFayette that car. I mean he went from torturing him to now being "friendly" with him. Oh Jessica, poor Jessica.....Franklin was quite creepy if you ask me, was Tara enjoying it or what??? She can be pretty stupid if you ask me, talking trash to him and looking him right in the eyes, I thought humans kinda knew about the glamour thing? Sam, well, he brought this on himself, as much as I feel sorry for him, he is going to have to put his foot down. Tommy is gonna cause him all kinds of trouble. I seriously cannot wait for July 11th, this is torture!!! Oh, I do agree, I though the were bar scene could have been so much more!!
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 28th 2010, 10:53 am

Just keep in mind that Bill did take up his romance with Lorena in the books...that AB & Co. made it a grudge f*ck makes it tough. I am wondering about that cryptic smile on Lorena's face. And the fact that Bill seemed to realize what he had done. It was not remorse for the act itself, but remorse for the fact he has headed back down a road he can't see himself turning away from. He is going back down the road (apparently) that lost him his humanity and he fought so hard not to return to.

And seeing Bill come home, though I have to agree with Lorena, he really should not have, was tough and it broke my heart. I have to admit without shame that I cried for Bill. It was terrible for him.

I liked the episode, but I have some questions.

Who is Franklin Mott working for? It is obvious he is working for someone and I want to know who and what will he discover and will it redefine his loyalties. The scene with Tara and him was interesting. He did not bite her because she wanted him to. I get the impression that he wanted to show her who was in control, that he controlled himself as well as her. It was very much a power play. The eye rolling mind shattering sex he had with her was just another element. I liked what he said to her, that he could not take credit for his sex ability...it was a characteristic typical of Vampires. And just think ladies, if ugly old Franklin can do that, what does Bill and Eric do? Wowsers....yippee...yummmmmmm.

Sookie continues to baffle me. Sometimes she be incredibly brave and do whatever is necessary and others she is stupid and gets herself in trouble. I wonder about her.

Eric and Lafayette. You know, after thinking about it (and I have not finished thinking about it, because I have not given the epi the requisite six hundred viewings it requires to thoroughly consider it) but I think after Eric thought about it, he thinks Lafayette would actually make a dandy Vampire and a pretty shrewd businessman. I think that is what the car was all about. Eric is posing the Faustian deal....I can give you the potential to have all of this...and the car is just a taste...if you become Vampire. Interesting proposition. What think ye?

With Bud quitting the sheriff's post, does that mean Andy would likely be the one to step in? And what implications would that have for Jason. Frankly, they need to move this story line a little further.

Sam....poor bloke, I really feel sorry for him. He has been obviously taken to the cleaners by his Whiskey Tango family....Is his mother innocent? I don't think so. After watching WT females have kid after kid to get them on the welfare and reading about and seeing stories of mothers who farm out their kids for honest (or illicit) income, I have to give her as much suspicion as the men. Funny, the person I think is probably the most innocent is the boy....and that will be very interesting.

So far, True Blood has been the roller coaster ride we crave from AB....I can't wait to see more.

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy June 28th 2010, 11:00 am

West, you took the words right out of my mouth. I enjoyed seeing so much Bill, but the fact that he would have sex with Lorena, even though it may have been "hate sex," as Dude put it, is a deal breaker in a relationship (IMO). I suppose if Eric wants to make Lafayette appear to be a high rolling V dealer, the car would help his image, but Eric is a businessman. He didn't give Lafayette a new sports car because he loves him.
And the sex scene between Tara and Franklin was just bazaar. I don't know how much Franklin I can take, but his little exchange with Jessica was funny. However, I believe Franklin is up to no good. I was thinking he works for the King, but I wonder if he is working for Lorena. He wants to know about Bill and Sookie, and surely the King would know how to find Sookie if he already knows she is a waitress. Lorena seemed very upset when the King told Bill he would leave Sookie alone, so I'm guessing Lorena will not let up on Sookie.
I can't believe we have to wait two more weeks for a new episode!

Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet June 28th 2010, 11:04 am

I always tell myself I shouldnt read comments from the mass audience, but I did. People are already using this as an excuse to hate Bill! I understand the scene was disturbing, but at the same time I understand his rage and frustration. Yes, a little out of the ordinary from our Bill but vampires are about control. Having control over your own maker? I don't thinkso. I have a pretty good idea what's going to happen and I have not been looking forward to this part of the season. We are there now and I'm pretty sure we're going to be seeing more of this side of Bill.

Just know, I am always on Bill's side. No matter what. I know who he is.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy June 28th 2010, 11:05 am

Aslinn, I was thinking the same thing last night about Eric and Lafayette. Remember in S1 when Lafayette asked Eric to turn him (although he was under duress), Eric said, "I will take that under advisement." I believe there is a good possibility at some point that Eric will turn Lafayette, and I believe Lafayette would make a decent vampire. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen in S3.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy June 28th 2010, 11:11 am

Violet wrote:I always tell myself I shouldnt read comments from the mass audience, but I did. People are already using this as an excuse to hate Bill! I understand the scene was disturbing, but at the same time I understand his rage and frustration. Yes, a little out of the ordinary from our Bill but vampires are about control. Having control over your own maker? I don't thinkso. I have a pretty good idea what's going to happen and I have not been looking forward to this part of the season. We are there now and I'm pretty sure we're going to be seeing more of this side of Bill.

I don't think anyone is hating on Bill. But in any relationship, when one person has sex outside the relationship, there are no excuses. This doesn't mean we hate Bill. We certainly understand his frustration and realize that it was "hate" sex (credit to Dude) and not a lovemaking session. I just don't know if Sookie would be able to understand that. It would be hard for me to understand if my man proposed marriage then had hate sex with his ex. One of the best things about last night's episode was being able to see so much Bill, and he looked magnificent.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 28th 2010, 11:20 am

Fairy...Sure the sex with Lorena is a deal breaker. That is what breaks them up in the books, and that is what should break them up in the show...the type of sex shouldn't matter. But I think it does create the tension necessary for whatever what might be next and what Bill discovers about the king's plans and how that may lead to his eventual down fall in the kingdom of Mississippi. I don't think the King is a fool, he knows Bill well enough to not trust him completely, but Bill will have to undergo a test and I think he got the answer to the first question wrong...he did not reunite with Lorena as a couple. He showed he still had a great deal of hatred there. IT will be his undoing. Because regardless of what he has said to the King, he will always be carefully interceding to keep Sookie safe. Bill thinks that is what he is doing by going along with the program.

What I want to know is who are they looking for. Cooter says: "We could not find him or the girl," And Lorena mentions Eric's name. Are they looking for Eric too? Are they looking perhaps for Alcide? It is obvious that Alcide has more problems with his pack than his girlfriend Debbie bedding down with Cooter ("Cooter? Seriously?"). Is his old pack trying to get Alcide back into the fold and under the thumb of the King? I don't know.

Vi, I totally get you about you about the bystanders. They are using Bill's situation as a reason to bash....but then they don't get the show and the characters like we do in the Truebie-verse. I say....Eff 'em...they are low browed mouth breathers who don't know the books and they only watch the show for the sex.....I notice though, they keep coming back to watch....so, I am content to let them be ass holes....

Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 28th 2010, 11:26 am

Fairy wrote:
Violet wrote:I always tell myself I shouldnt read comments from the mass audience, but I did. People are already using this as an excuse to hate Bill! I understand the scene was disturbing, but at the same time I understand his rage and frustration. Yes, a little out of the ordinary from our Bill but vampires are about control. Having control over your own maker? I don't thinkso. I have a pretty good idea what's going to happen and I have not been looking forward to this part of the season. We are there now and I'm pretty sure we're going to be seeing more of this side of Bill.

I don't think anyone is hating on Bill. But in any relationship, when one person has sex outside the relationship, there are no excuses. This doesn't mean we hate Bill. We certainly understand his frustration and realize that it was "hate" sex (credit to Dude) and not a lovemaking session. I just don't know if Sookie would be able to understand that. It would be hard for me to understand if my man proposed marriage then had hate sex with his ex. One of the best things about last night's episode was being able to see so much Bill, and he looked magnificent.

No one here is hating on Bill. And I think we are missing the point. Bill thinks he has to do this. He thinks that he has to actually leave Sookie to protect her. He said as much to Lorena, that she was right, she taught him once that Vampires can't love humans, that they bring misery to them, and now he has learned that again. I honestly think that Bill believes he really can't come back. And that was why he was angry. He was angry because he feels she is right and he believes that he can't love Sookie anymore and she be safe. I don't think in his mind he was cheating on her...his relationship was already over with her in his mind because it had to be to get her out of danger. This just sort of sealed Bill's fate in his mind. He, at this moment, does not see a way out of this.
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet June 28th 2010, 11:27 am

YFairy, you should go read the comments on the facebook page Sad

As crazy as this sounds, I think Bill knows that he's pretty much screwed already in being with Sookie. Probably thinks he will never see her again. He's going to be engaging in acts that are not acceptable, but why did he do it in the first place? He says he's with the King of Mississippi now after he realized he can never win the fight with Lorena. He knows she would surely go after Sookie until he gives in. Bill is protecting Sookie. He will hate himself for it, but he'd rather have her out of harms way than be Lorena's victim. He gave in.

In the book Lorena was trying to get information out of him about Sookie and he never gave in. This vampire/maker relationship is tough but this is one side we haven't seen. He's dedicated to the ones he loves, even if he knows there's a chance their humans will hate him. I understand Sookie will not forgive him, but I just hope she won't be as hard on him as she was in the books. It's going to be even more interesting now since on the show she understands a bit more of the vampire/maker relationship, while in the books she really knew nothing.

aslinn-I think Coot was referring to that werewolf that was going to attack Sookie in her house. He probably had orders to bring her to Jackson. Eric took care of that one.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next