Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too

+14
Barrister
Fairy
Aslinn Dhan
westexan
Imagine
Sian
Lina
Violet
Linzy
SweetAndWild
Renee
Only1JenB
Fyre
GodSpeed
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too

Post  Violet June 28th 2010, 11:29 am

Aslinn Dhan wrote:
Fairy wrote:
Violet wrote:I always tell myself I shouldnt read comments from the mass audience, but I did. People are already using this as an excuse to hate Bill! I understand the scene was disturbing, but at the same time I understand his rage and frustration. Yes, a little out of the ordinary from our Bill but vampires are about control. Having control over your own maker? I don't thinkso. I have a pretty good idea what's going to happen and I have not been looking forward to this part of the season. We are there now and I'm pretty sure we're going to be seeing more of this side of Bill.

Just know, I am always on Bill's side. No matter what. I know who he is.

I don't think anyone is hating on Bill. But in any relationship, when one person has sex outside the relationship, there are no excuses. This doesn't mean we hate Bill. We certainly understand his frustration and realize that it was "hate" sex (credit to Dude) and not a lovemaking session. I just don't know if Sookie would be able to understand that. It would be hard for me to understand if my man proposed marriage then had hate sex with his ex. One of the best things about last night's episode was being able to see so much Bill, and he looked magnificent.

No one here is hating on Bill. And I think we are missing the point. Bill thinks he has to do this. He thinks that he has to actually leave Sookie to protect her. He said as much to Lorena, that she was right, she taught him once that Vampires can't love humans, that they bring misery to them, and now he has learned that again. I honestly think that Bill believes he really can't come back. And that was why he was angry. He was angry because he feels she is right and he believes that he can't love Sookie anymore and she be safe. I don't think in his mind he was cheating on her...his relationship was already over with her in his mind because it had to be to get her out of danger. This just sort of sealed Bill's fate in his mind. He, at this moment, does not see a way out of this.

Yes, exactly. I know no one here is hating on Bill. I was referring to the facebook comments I was reading. It's just awful!
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too

Post  westexan June 28th 2010, 11:38 am

I think my issue is I easily forgave Bill's actions while reading the books because he just keep saying how sorry he was, and that he was drawn to her, that he had once loved and stayed with her for so many years and how he couldn't help himself. Where as in the series, I was getting the impression that he hated her and wasn't drawn to her so much as her holding on to him. I just have to watch again, I don't always pick up the small facial expressions the first go 'round! Oh and all those haters on our Vamp can suck it, it just gets old hearing him get beat on all the time. CH wrote him that way, but I was sure AB was going to include it somehow, just thought it would be less willing. On thing that I find different is that Bill has been different from the get-go than in the books, he was much colder and more "vampy" than AB has made him. This is what I thought would keep him warm to the haters!! I do know that I see his point in trying to keep Sookie safe and that scene with his wife really clinched it for me. But we all know Sookie, she didn't get to make that decision, so she will be pissed. Ah well, I still love him, but man, he's got some 'splaing to do!! Great point about Eric and LaFayette, I hadn't thought about that in a while. I do think they were talking about Sookie and Eric, but I don't think they knew who the Vampire was that is helping Sookie until Lorena opened her pie hole. I have to admit, I wasn't sure about Joe playing Alcide, but after watching him I think he did a great job and I can see it now, even though I was hoping for a younger JDM kinda guy!
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy June 28th 2010, 11:40 am

I never check Facebook, not even my own page. I thought you were referring to people here on this forum, and I know even the Eric girls here wouldn't trash Bill. And I do understand his motivation and dilemma, however, we know Sookie won't understand it. Still, I have faith in Bill. I think he will do what he has to to get through his current situation, but I don't believe he will wander too far from his humanity. (I suppose I shouldn't check Facebook; it will probably just piss me off.)
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Barrister June 28th 2010, 11:41 am

I agree, Aslinn and Vi....I think Bill is pretty much given up hope for keeping his relationship with Sookie and keeping her safe. He is probably counting Jessica in those thoughts as well. Had he not reingaged with humans and fell in love with Sookie, he would have never killed Long Shadow and he would never had made Jessica Vampire.

ANd may I put in a male point of view about the grudge sex? Pardon me if I offend anyone, but men use sex differently from women. I don't condone brutalizing any woman, but sex is a powerful way to exert control over any person.

I think Bill was trying to do that. Lorena says "Make love with me," and he effs her, he brutally effs her. It is like...okay, you want to have sex with me, you will have it my way and that includes twisting your head around....frankly why he didn't just tear her head off is a mystery to me.

As men, I think we all hope that we don't use sex that way...but I think there are times that we we either would like to against someone who hurts us or we have. Sex is a difficult thing to compartmentalize, and sometimes men cross the line with it.

Gentlemen of the jury...what is your verdict?
Barrister
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet June 28th 2010, 11:42 am

When I say "mass audience" I guess I'm referring to the audience that hasn't got a clue. I should have been more clear, sorry guys! Everyone here is great :)
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sian June 28th 2010, 12:18 pm

Barrister, that is exactly how I saw Bills intention. But after the deed was done I think he realised that he had played into Lorenas hands. Women can be very devious and Lorena is especially talented, she will drive him to hate himself and become her tortured plaything. Vampires bring a whole more to the "Sex is Power" thing. I agree to that he is attempting to free Sookie from the harm that will come her way through being his lover. Despite what we see on the surface Bill is loyal to those he loves even if it means his own undoing.

In the books didn't Sookie walk away from him because of what happened in the trunk of the car? Some people can forgive infidelity, but that was way more.
Sian
Sian
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 28th 2010, 12:19 pm

No, it was not the episode in the trunk of the car, it was his infidelity with Lorena
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Barrister June 28th 2010, 12:25 pm

Well, I am sure the incident in the trunk did him no favors, but I don't equate what he did to Sookie as the same as rape....he did what vampires do when they are starved and injured...when he realized it was Sookie, he stopped immediately because he would never have done that to her....another reason to hate Lorena.

Besides, even Sookie did not see it that way. Why should anyone else?
Barrister
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Lina June 28th 2010, 12:41 pm

Hey, if you read my post, even I'm slightly heartbroken at seeing the change in Bill. I understand it though, he's a vampire and no amount of mainstreaming will make him human again. It was brutal watching those flashbacks, my hubby tossed me tissues lol This epi was titled perfectly, because it hurts me too Sad

Overall, I get the control bit too. The bite is was confused me...he sipped from her, Aslinn you're pretty good at figuring this stuff out, why did he do that? The sex part I got, the twisting head thing I oddly got as well lol

Eric is so utterly amazing, isn't he? Helping Sookie, and burying the body. I just love him this Season! Alcide (seed) not (side) Sad Anyone else make that messup? comes across as a button down and slacks man to me, not sure why lol The flannel doesn't seem him, I guess.

Franklin may not be Eric (he wishes) but he is very entertaining and the thing Tara needs. I am super excited for July 11th.

Vi, those morons making those comments are naysayers and fairweather fans! I would just ignore their lunacy and support your man :)
Lina
Lina
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 28th 2010, 12:46 pm

I think he did it almost like a reflex. He was angry and he wanted to hurt her as much as he could...Biting is just the first instinct
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sian June 28th 2010, 12:47 pm

Barrister wrote:Well, I am sure the incident in the trunk did him no favors, but I don't equate what he did to Sookie as the same as rape....he did what vampires do when they are starved and injured...when he realized it was Sookie, he stopped immediately because he would never have done that to her....another reason to hate Lorena.

Besides, even Sookie did not see it that way. Why should anyone else?

No I didn't mean that he raped her, thats not how I see Bill.

From the book:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I took that Sookie weighed up how much harm she had indured for the sake of Bill, that he had nearly killed her, not intentionally obviously, but because of what he is, and didn't feel that the relationship was worth it.
Sian
Sian
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet June 28th 2010, 2:12 pm

I want to give everyone a round of applause for really breaking down this episode, in paticular that last scene with Bill and Lorena. I'm always amazed at the details everyone notices and how everyone ties the pieces together. We don't look at this series on the surface, we really go in depth with it. Thank you all for making this show more extraoridinary than it already is.

This was one of the toughest episodes for me to watch, yet I enjoyed it more than the others. Without your input I probably would have let the negative comments from other sites take me over and end up hating the episode. Instead, after reading everyone's comments and re-watching the episode, I see it as being one of the best/complicated the show has done.

With each other's help, I think we understand these characters better than many other fans. Alan Ball/HBO and Charlaine Harris should be proud of us!
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy June 28th 2010, 3:00 pm

I am through and through an Eric girl.
But seeing Bill like that last night, my heart broke for him, even at the end.
It was absolutely horrible to watch. But when he realized what had happened and he yelled out like he did. I could truly see that his humanity had not been completely stripped away by Russell or Lorena. By showing the kind remorse and regret he felt, I think helps us to believe that they cannot completely control who he is and who all those that love Bill know him to be.

And as for those Bill haters, I say Eff them. I know who Eric is to me and what they say won't change that, and I know it is the same for you Bill ladies.
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 28th 2010, 3:48 pm

Excellent discussions guys, and I am sure as we watch the epi the requisite six hundred times, we will have more to say about it...Great work guys
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaTypeA+ June 28th 2010, 4:46 pm

You guys are so awesome... I love to read these posts, because it helps me see things from so many points of view. It is sooo cool. My thoughts on Bill are mostly the same, I sort of thought the whole sex scene was almost a resignation, like he is doing what he has to, to prove his loyalty to the king, but hating every part of it. It also seemed like an extension of his and Lorena's previously effed up sex life.

As far as the Laf and Eric thing, I have a feeling that Eric is baiting him to work for him, for what may seem very innocuous reasons, but I am nervous about the outcome. I love Eric completely, but I have accepted that he does some very bad things. I also wonder if he is doing it to get more favor with Sookie. Being nice to her friends and all.

NevadaTypeA+
NevadaTypeA+
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  GodSpeed June 28th 2010, 6:49 pm

Barrister wrote:I agree, Aslinn and Vi....I think Bill is pretty much given up hope for keeping his relationship with Sookie and keeping her safe. He is probably counting Jessica in those thoughts as well. Had he not reingaged with humans and fell in love with Sookie, he would have never killed Long Shadow and he would never had made Jessica Vampire.

Gentlemen of the jury...what is your verdict?

I don't think Bill has given up hope, I think he was trying to use a ploy to divert the kings attention away from Sookie. And Lorena basically commanded him to make love to her, while he couldn't stop doing it, he would make it as unemployable as he could. I guess he preferred to not look her in the face, hence the head twisting exorcist mode.
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

https://truebloodcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NevadaTypeA+ June 28th 2010, 8:06 pm

Good call GS!! I didn't think of it that way... It makes more sense if he did it because she commanded him.
NevadaTypeA+
NevadaTypeA+
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet June 28th 2010, 8:34 pm

This vampire/comand thing is kind of confusing. Do they have to say, "I command you!" or is it a secret vampire command that they feel and don't have to say? Or is any request have to be obeyed?
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 28th 2010, 9:08 pm

I don;t think they have to preface everything with I command you. If your maker tells you something, you do it
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki June 28th 2010, 9:17 pm

I still need to rewatch the episode ( but thank Godric my damn HBO is working right again LOL) but I'm agree with pretty much everyone on the whole change in Bill and the scene with Lorena. I think GS is on to something, it really seems like Bill is just trying to convince Russell and Lorena that he is on their side.

The BV/ Alex was great as always Viking ... and while I'm not starting a Franklin fan club, I'm enjoying his character.
Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too - Page 2 263c5c5
hehehe Razz

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with Alcide so far.. Shrug only time will tell I guess.
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  GodSpeed June 28th 2010, 9:33 pm

Another thing I remembered was when the were was in sookies house and eric dove in front of the bullet I was like "holy hell I so called that".

Its the little things that make me happy.
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Barrister June 28th 2010, 9:46 pm

Thank you for answering my post, God Speed...and I had not thought of it that way...well done
Barrister
Fledgling
Fledgling

Back to top Go down

Post  Fyre June 29th 2010, 12:02 am

Only1JenB wrote:Yea when Franklin sort of reared up I guess...lol...I looked at GS and said "don't ever do that...it's weird." LOL (sorry if TMI)

LOL
I asked my husband if that was supposed to be sexy, and he was really trying to figure out what they were doing. scratch

Fyre
Fyre
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  raki June 29th 2010, 10:16 am

Fyre wrote:
Only1JenB wrote:Yea when Franklin sort of reared up I guess...lol...I looked at GS and said "don't ever do that...it's weird." LOL (sorry if TMI)

LOL
I asked my husband if that was supposed to be sexy, and he was really trying to figure out what they were doing. scratch

OMG Jen I thought the same thing! ...I'm sorry but I didn't think that sex scene was grea by any means and did not top Tara with Eggs. I can't wait to see more of Franklin, even if its got me really worried for Tara and even a bit for Jessica now.

As for the Bill and Lorena sex, well lets just say I found this more disturbing to see...

Spoiler:
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  GodSpeed June 29th 2010, 10:19 am

I agree with your spoiler raki.
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next