Please Login or Register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please Login or Register!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too

+14
Barrister
Fairy
Aslinn Dhan
westexan
Imagine
Sian
Lina
Violet
Linzy
SweetAndWild
Renee
Only1JenB
Fyre
GodSpeed
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 29th 2010, 11:09 am

One thing we have overlooked...Lorena is older than Bill in the Vampire world, she could have over powered him....She overpowered him in Dallas....and she had released him long ago.....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too

Post  Butter2 June 29th 2010, 2:04 pm

This was an excellent episode. So many plot lines intertwined with the main story.

Poor Tara she can't catch a break with people messing with her head. First Maryanne and now Franklin. I had hoped that Franklin would be a good thing for her but it seems as though he's just using her to get information on Bill and Sookie. So i have a theory about him as well..I think QSA hired him, i think Sophieanne wants to know as much information on Sookie as she can. I think she has a hunch that she is diffrent and she wants to know why Eric and Bill are both so infatuated with her. Or Russell is using him to get information to keep Bill in Mississippi. Who knows.

As far as Bill and Loreana, I agree with everything you guys are saying. I belive he didn't want to look at her face and that's why he twisted her head. I think he screamed when he realzied what he was doing because he has worked so hard at trying to mainstream and hold on to his humanity and evertime Loreana comes around he looses himself and his humanity to the hatered he has for her sorry sick butt. I think this may be the end for Sookie and Bill though. Only because she is constanly over reacting about what he does and says, and the fact that he gave into his vampire needs may piss her off more then anything. She's always over reacting.

Jason and the cop thing. I would love to see him become a cop, i think it would suit him perfectly. What was with his test though.. being all symbols and stuff?

Jessica,poor poor Jessica. This can't be good that Franklin has been around her. I feel so bad for her that she really has no idea what she should be doing. on a side note.. I LOVED the scene with Pam and yevetta.. yum!!

Eric and Lafayette. I have no idea what Eric is up to with him. I cant decide if he's just trying to take care of his employee or if he's sucking up to Sookie or if he's trying to con Lafayette to keep pushing V for him. Eric looked Amazing in this episode and that wave was perfect.

Eric, i love the way he helped Sookie.. " I got your rug all wet" priceless! now i have a question.. Was it Eggs grave that they buried the were in? I really hope Tara and Sookie get past this whole Eggs thing. I honestly am sick of the Eggs story and i hope it dies off soon. I can't wait to see more Jesus eaither. I loved the "chemistry" between him and Lafayette.

That's all i have now..i really need to watch this episode again. On a side note..the Tara and Franklin sex scene made me think of Liam and Maudette way to much..it creeped me out.. Loreana and Bills scene was infomative and really, really weired at the same time. but the Pam and Yevetta scene was AMAZINg... "just lie back and think of Astonia" yum lol..

Oh and as far as the Sam issuie and his family..i hate to say it but Sam should have left well enough alone. Tommy is no good..
Butter2
Vampire
Vampire

http://www.myspace.com/xobutterfliesox

Back to top Go down

Post  GodSpeed June 29th 2010, 3:51 pm

Aslinn Dhan wrote:One thing we have overlooked...Lorena is older than Bill in the Vampire world, she could have over powered him....She overpowered him in Dallas....and she had released him long ago.....

I'm not sure the releasing this was more than a "I am tired of this constant bickering and want to take a break from it" kind of deal when she said it.

Aside from Lorena "releasing" Bill. Has any other maker released their child?
GodSpeed
GodSpeed
Magister
Magister

https://truebloodcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 29th 2010, 6:09 pm

Well, this is the thing..In Charlaine Harris's world, the Maker and the Child have to seperate. That does not mean they cannot come back together from time to time, like Eric and Pam. Eric tells Sookie that their (Bill's and Lorena's) relationship was quite unusual and sort of looked down upon in the Vampire world.

Also, in the books, Bill tells Sookie that the Monroe Vampires have lived together in the same nest and of course Book Two was about the fact that Stan was looking for his "brother", his nest mate. So Vampires can live together if they are not Maker and child in Charlaine Harris' universe. Even Eric and Pam live apart though they work together.

In the books, Sophie Anne is the only Vampire we know of who can keep her children with her. In fact she tells Sookie it is her gift.

Also, Mickie is still very much under the control of his maker. When Eric calls Salome and complains that Mickie is harassing Tara she contacts him telepathically. Eric tells Sookie that he must be fighting against her pull very hard to go against her orders by showing up at Sookie's house and holding Tara hostage.

In the last book, we very much saw that power and influence of the maker over his child by the power Appius had over Eric when he reappeared. He told Sookie he would be compelled to do as he was told, even if that meant he were to become his maker's bed mate.

In True Blood, however, we have of course, Eric and Pam who may still be tied to one another as maker and child but not as lovers, unless sharing Yvetta counts...or is that just p*ssy in kind? And they are business partners. But, if Eric tells Pam to do something, he may have to give her the Northman stink eye to get her to move, she still does as she is told.

Bill tells Sookie he can't turn Jessica out..not just yet...because she is a very young Vampire. She has to do exactly what he says and eventually though, when Bill is satisfied that she can live on her own and behave herself/ control herself, then he will release her.....that remains to be seen how that will come out. Eric and any other more mature Vampire can control her either by simply telling her or physically making her behave.

Chow and Bill and the rest of the minions do as they are told by higher level Vampires, but it seems as though there are some occasions where the maker child relationship counts and when it does not. We shall have to see. Apparently Bill's loyalty to the king is far more important to the king than his loyalty to Lorena, his maker...but that remains to be seen as well.

Russell and Talbot's relationship is interesting in that he turned Talbot and made him his lover but there is no mention that he has had to go away or will have to in the future because of some Vampire law... Eric was still under the weal of Godric though they had been apart for some time. Eric does not indicate Godric "released" him....but he was on his own and independent of Godric for some time. Still, when he sees Godric again, Eric is at his beck.Perhaps we will learn more.

But, with Bill's and Lorena's relationship, it was combative and mutually unsatisfying for both parties. Bill makes the dramatic gesture of staking himself to get away from Lorena and in a perhaps Solomon like motion, she releases him of obligation. But this seems to be unique to True Blood, which is a little at odds to the lore and Charlaine Harris.

Eric does explain to Sookie that the tradition of the Maker/Child relationship is partly a compulsion and partly a rule of tradition (more like etiquette like the human world, only the bride should wear white, or we should wear dark or black clothes to a funeral....though at Lorena's final death, I will be happy to wear a red dress and dance on her rotten grave).

In movies like Dracula, The Count has three brides. Presumably he made them Vampire and they have to do as he tells them. They may implore to him, question some command he gives them, but ultimately, they must obey him.

So we have a mixed bag of lore and the new twist that Alan Ball adds to the story that makes the Laws of Vampire indeed a tricky place....Be careful Barrister. Hehehehhe
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien June 29th 2010, 6:36 pm

Shocked My reaction to the sex scene.

Is it too early for her character to die?

I enjoy her reviews of the show

Damien
Damien
Donor
Donor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan June 29th 2010, 8:50 pm

No, it is not too soon for her to die
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan July 1st 2010, 9:45 am

Okay, so we watched again last night so my hubby could "catch up" (he would never admit he likes it!!! Rolling Eyes I have to go back and rewrite what I said about Bill and Lorena. Someone mentioned that she commanded him have sex with her and now I really think that is what happened. He grabs her, tries to choke her and she still mocks him and then he throws her on the bed, bites her and she then says, "make love to me." He proceeds to tell her NEVER, but at the same time he is ripping her clothes off and doing it, then he starts twisting her head, like he was trying to get her to "let go" of him, maybe since she wasn't looking at him, or because he knew he couldn't stop and didn't want to see her face. Oh and I think the King and Cooter were talking about the were that attacked Sookie when he said there was no trace of him or her, then Lorena mentioned Eric and that he must be protecting Sookie, because Cooter says something along the lines of, he was one of my best men. Forgive me if all this has already been mentioned, we started watching late last night and I am trying to get this all out before I go to work. And I have to mention, the scenes with Sookie could use some better editing or something, her facial expressions sometimes don't match the situation scratch
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sian July 1st 2010, 4:37 pm

Westexan you are so observant, I was so buisy being horrified by Lorena and what was happening to Bill I didn't hear her say "Make Love To Me" I thought she said "Love Me".

I also thought Lorena had released Bill and that he had sex with her to prove his loyalty to her, but made it nasty to show he hated her for ruining his life again (He had good reason!). Now I'm all over the place, I need to sit down and watch it all again after reading everyone elses observations.
Sian
Sian
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 1st 2010, 5:53 pm

Sian, she did release Bill, but the maker's will is till strong over Vampires. Plus, keep in mind, she was much older than Bill and her word held far more sway...
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy July 1st 2010, 5:58 pm

I have a weird question.
Since Tara was the one that invited Franklin inside, does she have to be the one to rescind the invitation or can Sookie do it too, since she lives there also?
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan July 1st 2010, 6:02 pm

She released him, but what exactly does that involve? I am sure at any point she wants she can still control him. She did make a good attempt in Dallas. Good question Linzy.
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet July 1st 2010, 6:08 pm

It's weird that after two seconds of Tara living in the Stackhouse house, she can invite vampires in with no problem. Lucky for Franklin that Sookie invited her back in a few hours before.
Violet
Violet
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sian July 1st 2010, 6:21 pm

Aslinn Dhan wrote:Sian, she did release Bill, but the maker's will is till strong over Vampires. Plus, keep in mind, she was much older than Bill and her word held far more sway...

It's things like this that makes the stories so intriguing!! Viking

Poor Bill, it was clear throughout that he was under duress. 😢
Sian
Sian
Fangbanger
Fangbanger

Back to top Go down

Post  raki July 12th 2010, 6:20 pm

raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  raki July 17th 2010, 12:20 pm

Thought this was pretty cool!

Episode 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too - Page 3 3x03-it-hurts-me-too-true-blood-13414984-1280-720
Translated...

The horned goddess’* pig/deer left her more offerings made to the bull.
The horned goddess left her more.

The dog shifter killer follows two attack the servant the horned goddess’, the pig. The feathered goddess** blood Re-Harachte*** twas the dog shifter and the pig.

The killer, the wicked source of black magic follows many lies. The shape shifting gods.

To begin the deer twas the pig. The deer offering made to the bull twas lies re-hatched. The pig’s offering to the god twas the dog shifter. Lies the deer left her.

The deer left her offering made to the bull Re-Harachte became. Twas more the dog shifer.

The wicked source of black magic more left her servant.

For twas, follow the pig. If lies become, worshiping become lies for the wicked source of black magic.

The dog shifter’s deer freed. The killer twas left. Her twas the pig’s offering to god.

The pig be watchful the place. Follow the pig when this approach wasn’t met, the deer killer followers left her. Became left her the deer. The god left her when this approach wasn’t met, lies for.

For the dog shifter and the cat and the pig. More the killer left her more for other killer. Other left her offering made to bull.

Lies the deer, the dog shifter follows more lies. The feathered goddess’ blood.

Be watchful the place follows the dog shifter, the cat follows lies if twas follows: twas more wicked source of black magic left her, for lies become lies.

Source (They discuss the translation and give full credit to those involved with translating, plus more sources. A neat write up worth checking out!)...

http://sunnynala.wordpress.com/2010/07/05/i-dream-of-hieroglyphs-by-osterby/
raki
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy July 17th 2010, 1:33 pm

That is so cool Raki. Just another example of AB's use of seemingly insignificant details. Very clever.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy July 17th 2010, 1:36 pm

Sian wrote:
Aslinn Dhan wrote:Sian, she did release Bill, but the maker's will is till strong over Vampires. Plus, keep in mind, she was much older than Bill and her word held far more sway...

I may be totally off base here, but I think Bill could leave the King's mansion if he wished. I don't think Lorena, since she released him, can hold him there. It appears to me the reason he stays is to keep the King from killing or letting Lorena kill Sookie. I believe the King, not Lorena, is holding him there. But Ive been wrong before.
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Linzy July 17th 2010, 8:43 pm

Wow. Thanks for finding it Raki.
Linzy
Linzy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan July 18th 2010, 3:22 pm

Fairy wrote:
Sian wrote:

I may be totally off base here, but I think Bill could leave the King's mansion if he wished. I don't think Lorena, since she released him, can hold him there. It appears to me the reason he stays is to keep the King from killing or letting Lorena kill Sookie. I believe the King, not Lorena, is holding him there. But Ive been wrong before.

I don't think Bill can leave any time he wants...The king has body guards at this door, the interior doors of his room are lined in silver. He may not be under the orders of Lorena anymore as his maker, but he is physically restrained and he has to stay that way to keep Sookie out of harms way
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Fairy July 18th 2010, 4:12 pm

I agree that Bill is being held by Russell, and Sookie's safety is his incentive to follow Russell's orders
(not to mention his own safety).
Fairy
Fairy
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aslinn Dhan January 6th 2011, 3:04 pm

In a time of Plague

One of the things I noticed as I perused Season Three during the encore showings is in Episode Three, Bill dreams of going back to Bon Temp to see about his family. He steps onto his porch and he sees a table with a candle and a bowl with a sponge and he leans over it and sniffs it and puts his fingers in it. There is a reason for this and I give many thanks to Aolani for all her help looking this up.

Plagues of all sorts are well documented in history, whether it is the bubonic/pnuemonic type of the plague or a plague of small pox, or yellow fever (malaria) or influenza. Many times, bouts of severe illness coincided with years of famine where nutrition was poor or was a yearly scourge. We certainly know this as well as each fall we are encouraged to get the newest flu shot or we get advice on how to treat the biggest bug.

And to be perfectly honest, people simply did not bathe as often as modern people with all the soaps and cleansers and usually the greatest cleaning aid was simple hot water.

But because of the times of plague, we learned what works and what doesn't. Keep in mind that throughout time, medicine was a catch as one can proposition and your local doctor was the man or woman who knew just a little more about herbs than your regular person. Most of the time, their cures worked because they were about getting nutrition into the body and inducing sleep or helping respiration. Sometimes their cures did no good simply because they did no good. Superstition also sprang up around the notions of health and wellness and curing.

When Europeans first began to have plagues, the current thought was that illness was brought on by marauding spirits who sought to destroy the person afflicted. Their understanding of germs and bacteria were limited. They did things like keep the rooms very hot and closed off, creating a perfect environment for disease. They also rarely bathed, even washing their hands, and so spread disease not only to themselves but the rest of the family.

Daniel Defoe wrote a record of the plague times. Though this book post dates the great London Plague by about fifty years, he culls information from eyewitnesses and sources like Pepys (pronounced Peeps) Diary and created a fictionalized account of the plague. He talks about one physician in particular, a Quaker, who believed firmly in the adage "Cleanliness is next to Godliness". After seeing so many of his patients dying after following traditional courses for treatment, he decided to go the sanitary route. He began to scrub the sick rooms, boil the sheets in strong lye soap, bathe the patients daily and putting them out in the sun to dry out their lungs and their skin, usually covered in boils. People who nursed and cared for the sick were told to wash their hands, to burn any dressings, and to change their aprons every few hours to keep them from getting sick.

And this was true of people who managed to be open for business as well. If you went to the butcher, he gave your your purchases and he asked you to drop your money, back then coin, into a jar of vinegar to clean the coin before he touched it. Visitors to plague hospitals were given the same directives.

Private homes where the sick were being treated and hospitals set out a posset bowl. In the posset were any number of herbs and salt and vinegar or white wine vipers, what I imagine was very likely white wine vinegar. The visitors washed their hands and were told to breath in the fumes to cleanse their own lungs to both protect the visitor and the patient.

Later, commercially prepared cleansers were made and sold to people to use in their house. These cleansers consisted of things like sulphur, salt, raw chlorine or vinegar. They were sold under brand names like Condy Water, which contained potassium permanganate. Everything touched by the patient was cleaned in this water.

But, poor people still fell back on what they knew and what they had on hand. They would mix up vinegar and wine, perhaps even salt and whiskey and would wash everything including the patient and set out a hospitality bowl of sorts to visitors to encourage them to breath the fumes and wash their hands as they come and go from the house.

So thanks bunches to Aolani who sent me these websites http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2295844/pdf/brmedj04575-0005.pdf and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_permanganate#History and http://books.google.com/books?id=Vc8AAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA44&lpg=PA44&dq=sulphur+fumigation+for+typhoid+fever&source=bl&ots=sKf4wrnpjl&sig=mUicx0vp6lmuRnHO6Une_C5G8J0&hl=en&ei=seEkTbG5IoG0sAPB-rGIAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=sulphur%20fumigation%20for%20typhoid%20fever&f=false

And Daniel DaFoe's A Journal of the Plague Year.....
Aslinn Dhan
Maker
Maker

Back to top Go down

Post  westexan January 6th 2011, 11:20 pm

Very interesting, I had completely forgotten about that little scene! I so enjoy reading about things like this and how very detailed AB has been. As far as most of my customers are concerned, doctors are still "just practicing" medicine! Laughing
westexan
westexan
Vampire
Vampire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3